Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Something More... ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 3: Goku and Piccolo Meet

Disclaimer: I don't own DBZ.
----------------------------

It didn't take Kami long to get back to the lookout,and when he did,he immediately went inside and put Piccolo in bed.
After he finished this,he walked outside to meet Mr.Popo when he arrived.
It didn't take long for the man to arrive,Goku trailing behind him on the Kinto'un.
"Hi Kami!"Goku shouted,waving energetically,a big smile on his face. He hopped off the magical cloud and walked over to the god.
"Hello Goku,"Kami said,smiling kindly at him,"how are you today?"
"I'm doin' great!"
"Goku,could you wait here for a minute,I have to talk to Mr.Popo alone."
Goku nodded."Sure!"
Kami and Mr.Popo walked over to a nearby spot while Goku just stood there,watching the butterflies around the flowers.
"What did you want to talk to me about,Kami?"
"I need you to go inside and watch Piccolo until he gets up. Then could you bring him out here? I need to
talk to Goku,to explain to him about Piccolo."
"Uh,Kami,wouldn't you prefer if I did it? I don't mind."
Kami could sense the nervousness Mr.Popo was feeling.
"There's no need to be afraid of him,he's just a boy after all. Plus,he doesn't have access to Diamaou's memories yet. You'll be just fine."
"But what if he does gain access to those memories? What will we do then?"
"Don't worry. If those memories do surface,it won't be for a while yet. We'll be able to raise him and prevent his demon side from awakening."
"Okay,if you're sure..."Mr.Popo said,not sounding too convinced. However,he did go inside to watch the young boy.
Kami went over to Goku to talk to him.
---------------------------

*Inside*

Mr.Popo entered the room where Piccolo was sleeping. He got a chair that was in the corner of the room,placed it next to the bed,and sat on it.
As he sat down,he looked at the child.
Piccolo was laying on his side,facing Mr.Popo,a smile on his face from a dream he was having.
'He actually looks kind of sweet while he's sleeping. One would never guess that he was the son of Piccolo Diamaou.'
He sat watching Piccolo for about an hour when the boy began waking up.
"Mmmmmmm.........."He said,stretching his arms and yawning. He opened his eyes and saw the man sitting next to him.
"Hi,"he said,surprise and confusion showing in his eyes,"who are you,and where is my ojisan?"
"My name is Mr.Popo,and your uncle is currently talking to our other new guest."
Piccolo smiled brightly."I'm Piccolo! Nice to meet you! Who's your other new guest?"
"His name is Son Goku."
"Oh. Is he nice? How old is he? Will he play with me?"
'His curiosity is unbelievable. Plus,he's so friendly! I guess Kami was right,after all.'
"Goku is a very nice person. I'm positive he'll play with you if you ask him,and he's 16 years old."
"Sugoi! Can I go meet him now?"
"Hai. You're ojisan told me to bring you outside to meet him as soon as you woke up."
"Yay! Let's go!"Piccolo hopped out of bed,grabbed Mr.Popo's hand,and tried to drag him out of the bedroom.
"Hold on!"Mr.Popo said,trying to pull his hand free,"they're not going anywhere!"
Piccolo stopped and looked up at him.
"I know,I just really want to meet him."
"Well,let's go."
The 2 walked out of the bedroom.
----------------------------

Meanwhile,Kami had finished talking to Goku. They were now chatting about various other things,waiting for Mr.Popo and Piccolo.
Just then,the 2 of them walked out of the building and over to them.
"Ah,you've finally awakened,Piccolo. I'd like you to meet Son Goku."
Piccolo walked up to him.
"Hi!"He said cheerfully,extending his hand.
"Hi,"Goku said,shaking it.
"Do ya wanna play with me?"Piccolo asked.
Goku nodded.
"Yay! Come on,come on,come on!"Piccolo grabbed Goku's hand and dragged him off.
Kami chuckled and Mr.Popo smiled humorously.
"Those two make quite a pair,"Mr.Popo remarked.
"Hai,that they do."
"I'm a little surprised,though."
"Oh?"Kami raised an eyebrow,"about what?"
"Well,I figured that it would take a bit more for Goku to be so friendly to Piccolo,even given his nature."
Kami nodded thoughtfully.
"Well,I explained everything to him,and he understands it perfectly. Plus,he seemed glad by the news."
"I guess he was hoping that Piccolo would turn out to be good,"Mr.Popo said.
"Hai,he was."
The 2 men walked inside to finish their conversation,deciding to leave the 2 boys alone.
------------------------------

Piccolo had dragged Goku to the side of the building,and now the 2 boys were trying to decide what to play.
"Wanna play tag?"Goku suggested.
"Tag? What's that,Goku-kun?"
Goku looked shocked at being called 'Goku-kun',but just shrugged it off and smiled his famous grin.
"Tag is a game where one person is 'IT',and has to chase other people around,trying to tag them. When that person does,the person that was tagged is now 'IT' and must tag someone else. This game can go on for as long as you want it to."
"Oh. Can we still play with only two people?"
Goku nodded."Yep. Do ya wanna play *pause* Piccolo-kun?"
"Yeah!!!"
-----------------------------

Some time later,Kami and Mr.Popo came outside to see how the boys were getting along. They were pleased to see them running around the lookout,laughing and playfully teasing each other.
Kami felt sorry that he had to get them to come in,but it was supper-time,and he knew that Goku was probably starving,and besides,they could just play again tomorrow.
"Piccolo! Goku! It's time to come in now!"
Both boys walked over pouting.
"Awww,c'mon Kami,can't we just play a little longer?"
"Yeah,can't we ojisan?"
"You can play tomorrow. It's time for supper now."
"Yay! Supper! Woohoo!"Goku raced inside towards where he smelled food.
Piccolo and Kami facevaulted.
Kami cleared his throat."Well,we'd better head inside."
Piccolo just nodded mutely.
-----------------------------

Inside,Goku was currently wolfing down all the food on the table. Kami and Piccolo were both glad that they only drank water,and Mr.Popo was glad that he had already eaten. After Goku finished,he leaned back and patted his stomach.
"Mmm! That was delicious! Arigatou!"
Kami turned to Piccolo.
"Piccolo,it's time for bed."
"Awwwwww,already? Can't I stay up a bit longer?"Piccolo asked,looking at Kami with a sad puppy-dog look.
"I'll put him to bed if you want Kami,"Goku offered.
Kami smiled kindly.
"Alright,you can stay up for another hour,but then it's off to bed."
"Yay! Arigatou ojisan!"Piccolo hugged Kami around the neck.
Kami laughed softly and hugged him back.
Goku and Piccolo then ran off to play some more.
------------------------------

*Later*

Goku kept his word and took Piccolo inside when their hour was up. He was now currently tucking the young boy into bed.
"Goku?"Piccolo asked,looking him in the eye.
"Hai?"
"What do you wanna do tomorrow?"
Goku thought about it.
"Well,Kami said he was going to start training me soon,so how about I teach you the basics so you can train with me?"
"Sugoi!"Piccolo exclaimed happily,"arigatou!"
Goku beamed.
"Oyasumi,Piccolo-kun."
"Oyasumi,Goku-kun."
That night Piccolo dreamed of all the fun he was going to have with his new friend.
-----------------------------

Author's Notes: How adorable!!! Aren't Goku and Piccolo just so sweet together? I think so.^_^
Anyway,it looks like Piccolo starts learning Martial Arts tomorrow. Is he going to like it,or will he just wanna play?(After all,he is just a kid.) Find out next time. Ja ne minna!