Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Something More... ❯ Chapter 5

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 5: Friend? Or Foe?

Disclaimer: I don't own DBZ.

I'd like to dedicate this chapter to my new beta reader,Andy P.
----------------------------

It had been a month now since Kami "adopted" Piccolo and brought him and Goku to the Lookout.
In that time,a lot has happened.
Goku and Piccolo became best friends and were now practically inseparable.
Piccolo grew real close to Kami,and vice versa.
Mr.Popo even got over his initial fear of the boy,since he saw how harmless Piccolo really was,and the two became friends as well.
Yes,everyone was happy and things were peaceful.
However,they were about to be shaken up a bit.
-----------------------------

It was a bright,beautiful day,and,as usual,Goku and Piccolo were training.
"Okay,Piccolo-kun,"Goku said as he and Piccolo finished sparring,"I'm gonna show you how to perform ki attacks today."
"Yay!"Piccolo cheered,jumping up and down,"I was looking forward to this!"
Goku laughed.
"Well,first of all,you have to tap into your ki."
"How?"Piccolo asked,his young eyes gazing up excitedly at his "oniichan".
"It's easy. All you have to do is concentrate on it."
"And?"Piccolo asked,his excitement growing every second.
"Next you direct your concentration on the very center of your body until you can feel your ki."
Piccolo closed his eyes and concentrated very hard.
"Wait.....I think,I think I...hold on....."Piccolo smiled brightly,"yes! I got it! Sugoi!"
Goku laughed merrily. "Congradulations Piccolo-kun!"
"Now what?"Piccolo asked,his eyes still closed.
"Now hold out your hand,"Piccolo did so,"and concentrate on directing your ki to your palm."
A few seconds went by,then suddenly a ball of ki appeared in Piccolo's outstretched hand.
Piccolo's eyes sprang open and he stared at the ball of ki happily.
"Yatta! I did it! Awesome!"
Goku clapped his hands."Way to go! Now why don't you try it out?"
"Okay!"
Piccolo looked around for a suitable target and spotted a palm tree. He reared his arm back and threw the ball of ki at it.
The tree exploded on contact.
"Wow! Didja see that?!? Didja,didja???"Piccolo asked,all excited.
"Hai! That was so sugoi! And your first try too!"
Piccolo beamed.
--------------------------

*Inside*

Kami and Mr.Popo were in one of the various rooms of the Lookout,sitting down and talking.
All of sudden,they heard an explosion.
"The boys!!!"They shouted in unison.
Both men rushed outside.
----------------------------

*Outside*

Goku was about to say something else to Piccolo when Kami and Mr.Popo came running up to them.
"Are you alright?!? What happened?!?"Kami asked,worry showing vividly on his face.
"Huh? We're just fine,Kami. Why d'ya wanna know?"Goku asked.
"We heard an explosion and thought that something had happened. What did cause the explosion anyway?"Mr.Popo asked,also worried.
"Ojisan! Ojisan! Guess what?!?"Piccolo exclaimed,jumping up and down in excitement.
"Nani?"Kami asked,perplexed.
"I can do ki attacks! Isn't that sugoi?"
"You can? That's wonderful Piccolo!*pause*Then that explosion must have been..."
Goku looked sheepish. "Uh...yeah,gomen nasai. It's my fault. I asked Piccolo to test the attack and so he threw it at a palm tree. I didn't think it'd be so powerful."He pointed to the spot where the palm tree once stood.
Kami and Mr.Popo turned around.
The spot where the tree once stood was now a charred area,with a small pile of ash laying there,and part of the Lookout missing.
Kami and Mr.Popo facevaulted.
--------------------------

*Elsewhere*

A lone figure stood on a cliffside,staring up at the sky.
'So,'he thought,'he's up there. Interesting.'
The figure took off.
-------------------------

*On the Lookout*

Kami and Mr.Popo got over their shock and looked down at Piccolo.
"So,waddaya think? I really did that all by myself!"
Kami,seeing how excited Piccolo was about his first ki blast,decided to skip the lecture. This time.
"That was..........amazing,Piccolo. Really."
"Ya think so?"Piccolo asked hopefully.
"Hai."
Piccolo smiled brightly.
"Yay!"He ran off.
Goku,Kami,and Mr.Popo all sweatdropped.
--------------------------

*Meanwhile*

The mysterious figure flew through the sky,getting closer to his destination.
'Soon,'he thought,'soon.'
--------------------------

After the "excitement" had died down,Mr.Popo fixed the area where the palm tree once stood,so that you couldn't tell that anything had even happened.
Piccolo and Goku continued their training,and Piccolo even developed an attack.
--------------------------

"Ojisan! Ojisan!"The young boy shouted,running excitedly to his uncle.
"Hai?"Kami asked,looking down at the young boy kindly.
"I made my own ki attack!"Piccolo said proudly.
"Honto? Impressive!"Kami smiled.
"Arigatou! Do ya wanna see it?"Piccolo looked up at Kami hopefully.
"Alright,"he said,"just don't blow up anymore palm trees!"He mock scolded.
"Okay!"
Piccolo closed his eyes,brought the first and middle fingers on his right hand close to his forehead,and concentrated while Kami watched interestedly.
As Piccolo concentrated,ki began to spark around his two fingers.
When he was done gathering his ki,he opened his eyes and turned to Kami.
"Ready!"He said. Piccolo then raised his arm and fired his attack into the sky.
-------------------------

It was an awesome attack.
It consisted of one ki beam wrapped around another,and it looked to be very powerful.
Kami watched it travel through the atmosphere,until it could no longer be seen. He then looked at Piccolo and saw the young boy looking up at him expectantly.
"That was amazing! You're really getting the hang of Martial Arts!"
Piccolo beamed.
"Oh yes,"a strange voice said,"I totally agree with you. He is doing wonderful,isn't he?"
Kami and Piccolo whirled around and saw an odd-looking man.
He was around 6 feet tall,muscular,and possessing a warrior's aura.
What was unusual,however,was that he didn't appear to be human.
He had light yellow skin,long white hair,a pale grey horn on either side of his head,black bat-like wings growing out of his back,and a golden halo above his head.
He was clad in brown hiking boots,blue jeans,and a black short-sleeved spandex top.
What really stood out about him,however,was his eyes.
They were a deep crimson color,like blood. Also,they seemed to burn like the fires of Hell themselves.
If one were to look directly into those eyes,he would see horrors unimagined by any human being.
(a/n:And on that happy note,let's get back to the fic!)
Piccolo stared at the stranger with child-like curiousity,innocence showing clearly in his eyes.
Kami was a bit more wary of the stranger,for he had a strong suspicion who it was.
"Piccolo,"Kami said,still keeping his eyes on the stranger,"go and play with Goku."
Piccolo,not understanding what was going on,merely shrugged,said"okay ojisan!",and ran off.
When the boy had left,the stranger spoke to Kami.
"You're acting like you're afraid of me,"he said,smirking.
"Who are you?"Kami asked,his brow furrowed.
"My name is Lucifer. And I think you know the rest."The demon said,still smirking.
"Yes,now I recognize you. You were Diamaou's chief advisor."
The demon's smirk widened.
"You DO remember me!!! I'm touched. Really."
Kami looked at Lucifer angrily.
"What are you doing here?!? How did you escape Hell anyway???"
"I was able to strike a deal with a few of the oni guards in Hell."
"What kind of deal?"Kami asked suspiciously.
"Well,"Lucifer said,shrugging his shoulders,"I just pointed out that young Piccolo would need someone to help guide and raise him..."
"Which is exactly what I'm doing!"Kami said,losing his temper.
Lucifer held his hand up in a "pause" gesture.
"You didn't let me finish. What I was going to say was that Piccolo needs someone to help him develop and control his demon side."
"I can help him control his demon side! And he definitely doesn't need to develop it!"
Lucifer chuckled to himself.
"Well,the oni in Hell and Enma-Daiou disagree with you on that. They seem to think that if the boy doesn't learn to handle his demon-inherited powers,then he could turn out just like his otousan,and they sure as Hell don't want that!"He laughed darkly.
"That still doesn't explain why you're here!"Kami was beginning to lose his patience with the demon.
"Well,Piccolo will obviously need someone to show him how to control his demon-powers! And there wasn't a single oni in all of Hell that would allow Piccolo Diamaou to return to Chikyuu-sei. Enma-Daiou agreed with them,so he sent me back to Chikyuu-sei instead,since I had no interest in taking control of it."
"Oh? And why not?"Kami asked suspiciously.
Lucifer shrugged."Too much effort,not enough reward for it."
"And what reward do you get from this?"Kami asked,knowing full well that Lucifer never did anything unless he was going to get something out of it.
"Simple. If I do good,I get parole."
"Huh?"
"If I succeed in helping Piccolo control his demon side,then I get to live again."
"And if you fail?"
Lucifer's eyes flashed for a brief second."I won't fail."
Lucifer walked off.
----------------------

*Later*

Piccolo had found Goku,and now the 2 boys were talking about the mysterious stranger.
"I think he was a demon."Piccolo said.
"Oh? What makes you think that?"Goku asked curiously.
"I don't know. Just a feeling,I guess. I feel like I should know him."
"Weird."
"Yeah."
Goku noticed how uncomfortable Piccolo seemed.
"Hey,Piccolo-kun,don't worry about him. I'm sure that whatever it is,it's no big deal."He flashed his famous Son grin.
That cheered Piccolo up,and he grinned back.
"Yeah,you're right!"
The 2 decided to go and train some more.
----------------------

That was how Lucifer found them,sparring against each other,and each holding their own.
He smirked to himself.
'The boy is already showing great strength. He truly is Diamaou's child.'He thought to himself.
Just as he was about to go over to them,the 2 boys finished up and sat down on the Lookout's floor to catch their breath.
"Bravo! Bravo! Amazing,simply amazing!"Lucifer walked forward,clapping his hands.
Piccolo and Goku looked up.
"Konnichi wa,um..."Piccolo started,trying to be polite,but not yet knowing this man's name.
"Lucifer. I was a...friend of your otousan's."
Piccolo's eyes widened.
"Honto???"He asked in surprise.
"Hai."Lucifer said,smirking at the look on Piccolo's face. It was a look of surprise,confusion,amazement,and happiness.
Goku,however,was instantly on guard.
He stood up,got in front of Piccolo,and looked at Lucifer angrily.
"Piccolo,"Goku said,trying to keep his voice calm,"I left my nyoibo in my room. Could you go and get it for me?"
"Okay Goku-kun!"Piccolo responded happily,and went off to get it.
When he saw Piccolo run into the Lookout's building,he got into a fighting stance.
"Who are you,and how do you know Piccolo Diamaou?!?"
Lucifer chuckled.
"Do you really think you're strong enough to defeat me,boy?"
Goku growled.
"Whatever you're up to,just give it up! I won't let you hurt anyone! Especially Piccolo!"
Lucifer raised his hands in mock surrender.
"Relax! Relax! I'm not here to hurt anybody!"
"Then why are you here?"Goku asked,still not trusting Lucifer. Lucifer had,after all,worked for Piccolo Diamaou.
Lucifer lowered his hands and explained his story to Goku.
------------------------

By the time he finished,Piccolo had returned with Goku's nyoibo.
"Arigatou,Piccolo-kun,"Goku said,taking the staff from him.
"What did you need your nyoibo for Goku-kun?"
"I was going to teach you how to fight with it."
"Honto? Sugoi."
"Hai. C'mon."
Goku completely ignored Lucifer as he led Piccolo off.
Lucifer just crossed his arms and smirked.(a/n:Okay,is it just me,or does he remind you of a certain Saiya-jin no ouji?:D)
------------------------

"Hey,Goku-kun,"Piccolo began,as Goku showed him how to fight with a staff.
"Yeah,Piccolo-kun?"Goku asked,showing Piccolo how he could use the nyoibo in katas.
"Who exactly is Lucifer anyway?"
Goku stopped his demonstration.
"What do you mean?"
"Well,I heard you and him talking as I ran in to get your nyoibo,but I couldn't really make out everything that you were saying."
Goku thought carefully about how to hide the real story from him.
"Well,like he said,he is a friend of your otousan."
"And?"Piccolo asked eagerly,hoping to find out something about his father.
"Um,well,he..."
"Is right here,and will finish your little explanation for you,since you seem to be having some difficulty."Lucifer said as he walked up.
Both Goku and Piccolo jumped.
"What are still doing here?"Goku asked,hostility evident in his voice.
Piccolo looked up at Goku in confusion,not understanding why Goku would show negative feelings towards Lucifer.
"I told you,I'm here to help raise Piccolo."
"Honto? How come?"Piccolo asked,looking at Lucifer.
Lucifer looked down at Piccolo.
"Because I was a good friend of your otousan,and I would hate for something to happen to you,so I decided to help raise you and make sure you turned out alright."
Goku snorted at this ridiculous lie because he could tell that Lucifer was up to something,he just didn't know what yet.
Piccolo glanced at Goku for a second,then turned back to Lucifer.
"Can you tell me about my otousan?"He asked Lucifer hopefully.
Lucifer grinned wickedly.
"Certainly. Let's go inside and I'll tell you all about him."
"Yay!"Piccolo exclaimed,running inside.
Lucifer started to follow the boy when Goku grabbed onto his arm.
Lucifer looked at Goku,annoyed.
"Listen you,"Goku said,"don't you dare tell Piccolo about Diamaou. He doesn't need to hear it. He's too young and innocent. You'll only hurt him if he hears the truth."
Lucifer smirked.
"Don't worry about a thing,boy,"he said,"I know that Piccolo thinks that his otousan was a wonderful man,so that's how I'll be portraying him."
"You'd better not try anything. I'm warning you!"
Lucifer pulled his arm free and laughed.
"What's so funny!"Goku demanded.
"You! You honestly think you can defeat me!"He walked off,still laughing.
Goku growled.
------------------------

*Inside*

Piccolo and Lucifer were in Piccolo's bedroom. Piccolo was sitting on his bed,and Lucifer was sitting on a chair.
"So,could you tell me about my 'tousan?"Piccolo asked,slightly nervous for reasons he couldn't yet explain.
"Certainly. Your father's name is Piccolo..."
"Like me!"Piccolo interrupted.
"Hai. You were named after him.
"Anyway,he was a powerful fighter,much like you yourself will be."
"You really think so?"Piccolo asked hopefully.
"Hai. I know so."
"Yay!"
Lucifer continued.
"Your otousan also had...special abilities(his demon abilities)that you inherited from him."
Piccolo nodded to show he understood. He decided to skip the questions for now because he wanted to hear everything he could about his 'tousan. Besides,he could just ask them later.
Lucifer went on to tell Piccolo even more about his otousan,and the 2 talked for hours.
-----------------------

*Later*

Since it got so late,it was time for Piccolo to go to bed,and since Lucifer was already there,he tucked the boy in.
"Arigatou,"the young boy said sleepily,rubbing his eyes.
"For what?"Lucifer asked,playing along,even though he could read minds and knew what Piccolo meant.
"For telling me about my otousan."
"Do itashimashite."
Lucifer walked towards the door.
"Oh,and Piccolo?"He asked,turning around.
"Hai?"
"I have a name for that attack you developed."
"Honto? Arigatou!"Piccolo exclaimed,since he couldn't think of a good one.
"Just call it 'Makankosappo'."
"That's a cool name! Arigatou!"
Lucifer walked out of Piccolo's room.
-----------------------

Author's Notes: So what do ya think? Seriously,I want to know everyone's opinion on Lucifer.
Also,I want to know what everyone thinks about the way the story's going. Is there any changes I should make? Should I leave it the way it is? Should I just scrap the whole idea altogether? (NOT!!!)
Ja ne minna!