Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ SpiderMania ❯ Bad news ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Part 3
Chi-Chi: YOU MADMAN WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY BABBBBBBBBBYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Chi-chi screams could be heard for miles. The very foundation of Capsule corp. was shaking by the shear volume.
Everybody was in total shock. Trunks and Goten gone? Some however where handling it better than others.
And while Bulma fought to keep Chi-chi off her cringing father, Vegeta made his way other to Goku.
Vegeta: What are you thinking?
Goku: I'm hungry.
Vegeta rolled his eyes. How could such a moron be the strongest being alive?
Vegeta: NO Baka…what do you think about Trunks and Goten.
Goku: Oh well Doc Briefs says they are most likely alive. So I think its all good.
The two warriors attentions were drawn when Dr. Brief finally was able to make a statement.
Dr. Brief: I know how to get them back.
Chi-Chi hearing what she wanted to. Stood back arms crossed, a very deadly look in her eyes. Brief took a few steps back and picked up a small object. It looked like a crossbreed of a phone and toaster.
Chi-Chi: What is it!!
Dr. Brief: It's a communicator. I was able to latch onto Trunks ki signature in the other dimension. When I send anything through it will automatically be sent to Trunks location. So all we had to do is send this though and we'll be able to talk to them.
Chi-chi didn't look happy. In fact he eyebrow came down into a sharp V. A sign Goku knew from experience that bad things were about to happen. He took a step forward and put his hand of her shoulder. Just in case she tried to kill Dr. Brief. Chi-Chi however shrugged it off violently!
Chi-Chi: You idiot! I don't want to talk to my son! I want him to come home!!
Bulma: Please Chi-chi let my father finish.
Chi-Chi huffed but remained quiet.
Dr. Brief: Thank you dear. Once we set up communication. It won't be hard to tell Trunks what he needs to build a linking machine.
Goku: What's a linking machine??
Dr. Brief: Well ummm…ok it like a remote control kind of. You see my extremely complicated TVE is the brains, it can send them to another dimension but without a linking machine it can't bring them back. The linking machine…well it links them into the TVE and thus re-transmits them here.
Bulma: We don't have a linking machine in the universe they are in? So Trunks is going to have to build one.
Vegeta: why don't you make the linking machine here and send it?
Bulma: It's too delicate…the trip is really violent. In fact if Trunks and Goten weren't Super Saiy-jins the trip would have killed them.
With the thought of her son dieing Chi-Chi passes out.
Dr. Brief: Ok enough said lets get these boys home…Goku and Vegeta…I need your help.
Inside Briefs mind a very important fact rang though again and again. A fact that could cause the boys to be stranded forever. But he couldn't bring himself to tell Chi-Chi and Bulma about this danger. They'll freak…better just tell trunks. That way they'll will never know. Unless the boys don't make it back.
And that was a very ugly thought.
Trunks looked over the apartment that Goten and him were thinking about renting. It was large, already furnished, which was a must, and came with everything they would need…very nice.
The rent was terrible and if they weren't so filthy rich if would be impossible to afford.
Goten at the moment was looking out the window. Actually he was leaning as far out as he could, his feet weren't even touching the ground anymore. This city was (after the original shock) really neat. The lady that was showing them around…Rose was her name, or something like that. Was looking nervously at Goten, which was understandable. They were after all 15 stories high.
Trunks: Goten!
Goten looked back and noticing Rose, look sheepishly as he shut the window. He muttered an apology.
Rose: Well mister Brief…Son. Is this to your liking??
Trunks: Yes thank you.
Trunks then gave the woman his bankcard. She smiled and ran it though a small handheld computer. After a moment it bleeped and she gave back his card, wished them happy living and left as quickly as she could.
As soon as she left Goten opened the window and with a push of a button changed into his costume.
Goten: I want to explore.
Suddenly without warning the air became rather shocking. Both men yelp as the air cracked and popped. Then with a flash of light a large toaster thingy landed on the floor.
Trunks: What the hell??
Goten: Holy shit!
Suddenly the machine came to life.
Chi-Chi: I heard that young man!
Goten: MOM?
They were noises in the background as parents and grandparent tried to wrestle the phone from Chi-Chi.
Bulma: Trunks dear you to all right?
Trunks: Ya mom were fine.
Bulma: Good. Now listen carefully. Your Grandfather's sending some plans though. You have to build this so you come home ok.
Trunks: That's Great mom!
Goten: Ya I was afraid we'd get stuck here.
After a moment a small book was sent though. Trunks looked it over smiling. The smile faded, as he read deeper into the booklet.
He really didn't look too happy.
Trunks: Where in Kami's name are we supposed to find this stuff!! Hell it's hard to find in our universe!
Bulma: Just do it. What ever it takes!
Trunks: Ok Ok. I'll try.
Dr. Brief: And Trunks…don't forget my note in the back. This is very important.
Trunks found and read the note, his face whitened. This wasn't good. They had to get started right away…No time to explore.
Trunks then pressed the button on his watch. Goten was already out the window, for fear his mother would get the phone back.
Trunks: Lets go Goten. We've got shopping to do.
Goten just rolled his eyes, he had no idea how much time was against them.
Peter silently entered his room. Aunt May was down stairs, and until he changed he didn't want her to know he was up here. He slipped his blood soaked costume off…and soaked it was. Peter still couldn't believe that a single bean had healed him. But here he was living, breathing, and not bleeding proof. Carefully so not to drip on the carpet, he tucked the costume into a box. Peters mind began to wonder. Should he tell Aunt May? Sure she would be worried about him, but she would also be there if he ever needed him. She had a right to know didn't she?
Aunt May: Peter is that you?
Peter: Ya Aunt May…
Aunt May: Hurry up and come down, dinners ready.
Peter changed into his normal t-shirt and jeans and ran downstairs. True to her word Aunt May was putting a large roast onto the table.
Aunt May: Now lets say grace dear.
Peter sat down and closed his eyes waiting for her normal prayer. However she wasn't saying her normal prayer.
Aunt May: Dear God…today I realized something. Today is an anniversary…not a normal one mind you. Just something that Ben and me had done back when; back before Peter came into our lives. Somehow with a boy in the house we simply forgot about it. But now…I would like to continue that tradition. I know Lord that Ben was the one to always start things, but since he's with you know I'll have to do the honors…Lets get ready to rumble…Ben that for you!
Aunt May opened her eyes, which were misty. Peter stared curiously at her.
Aunt May: What I'm talking about Peter is that back before you were with us both of Ben and I worked. We hardly ever got to see each other. So what we would do is tell each other, at the dinner table on Sunday our secrets. Something we would never tell anybody else. It made us closer than I thought we would ever be. It takes true love Peter to tell someone you deepest secrets.
Peter gulped…was he ready…was Aunt May ready. But this did seem almost like an act of God. Weird considering how just moments ago he was wondering if he should tell her.
Aunt May: Lets see…I'll start. Peter I know you feel like you intruded on us. Being dumped on you Aunt and Uncle because your parents died. But the truth is…and Peter I never told anyone…not even Uncle Ben. Of course I guess he knew, cause he never asked.
Honey, I wanted children…I wanted them with the greatest of Passions. But the Good Lord had decided that I couldn't have any. And well that never stopped me wanting. I know this sounds silly but, I…
A tiny sob escaped Aunt May. She was openly crying now.
Aunt May: sometimes I believe that I caused your parents to die! I remember seeing you when you were a small babe and wanting you so badly! I was jealous…then your parents died. And well I feel that if I had wished a little less or felt a little less strongly then maybe your parents wouldn't have died. I'm so sorry Peter!!
Peter was taken aback. He had never thought Aunt May would feel like this. It was true he always believed he had been a burden…but now. Peter felt relieved.
Peter: Aunt May…don't. My parents died. You had nothing to do with that…what you did have a hand in is raising me to be what I am now. It's because of you, I'm here now. Can you imagine what I might have become if I was sent to foster homes?? You gave me a home, when mine was taken…that's the best thing that could have happened to me.
Aunt May smiled, wiping her tears away.
Aunt May: Oh Peter. You always have a way with words. I kinda wish I told you sooner, so you wouldn't have felt such guilt all them years. But I guess I had to face my own fears first.
Peter nodded…his throat suddenly tight. There were butterflies in his stomach. It was his turn now. He looked over to Aunt May…she was watching him curiously.
What is that boy thinking? That had been a question on her mind for years. But never as strong as now. Somehow she felt that Peter had a secret. Sometimes she would be watching him without him knowing. He would look at her with such longing with such pain. It always took her breath away. Something was bothering Peter, that was the true reason she brought back the old tradition. Peter would never tell her out right. He would feel as if he was a burden, so she had put her own fears away and told him her deepest darkest secret. And true it went better than she thought it would. Years of guilt were becoming light as a feather and lifting away.
Now however she watched Peter. He was actually shaking…what could possibly cause him to act so. Did he believe his secret was that bad? He was starting to sweat, his eyes darting between her and the door. Was he going to tell her, or was did he know what she was up to?
Aunt May: Peter what ever it is. I love you. And if it's as bad as your acting, we'll get through it together. But nothing is going to get done if you don't tell me. Please Peter trust me.
Trust me
I trust her…but
Trust me
She'll hate me.
Trust me
She hates Spiderman…
Trust me
She loves me though
Trust me
I…I…don't
Trust me
I've never told anyone!
Trust me
OK I TRUST YOU!!!!!!!
Peter shouted it so loud that it surprised them both. Peter stood up breathing hard. Aunt May was taken aback…she hadn't realized how hard this was for the boy.
Peter: Aunt May I'm going to tell you. I've been thinking about it for sometime now…I just didn't know how.
Good, I thought as much
Peter: Aunt May…I'm…I'm
Tell me Peter Please…
Peter: I'm Spiderman!!
Aunt May just stared at him…what?
Aunt May: What?
Peter: I'm Spiderman…I got bitten by a radioactive spider. It gave me super powers.
Aunt May: Peter…you're serious?? You…your spider…you!
Aunt May's eyes were wide, as was her mouth. She tried to talk but not much got out.
Peter: I'm sorry I never told you.
Aunt May's eyes grew misty again, and she smiled.
Aunt May: I think Ben would have been proud.
That wasn't what he expected.
Peter: What?
Aunt May: You've been using your powers to help those in need. That's a great thing Peter.
Peter let out a great rush of air. He hadn't realized he was holding it.
Aunt May: And now I feel much better. By the way you were going on I was beginning to think that you killed someone.
Peter: I have…by accident.
That wasn't what she wanted to hear. But Peter laughed and hugged her anyway.
Peter: I love you Aunt May.
Aunt May: Oh Peter. One thing though.
Peter: What?
Aunt May: That costume you wear is terrible. Let me make you another.
Peter laughed so hard that it hurt. Never would he have thought Aunt May would take it in stride.
He felt like a new man.