Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ SpiderMania ❯ Times up and Vemon Attacks ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Part 4
They had looked everywhere, every electronic store, every web site. Everywhere!
Yet they could find the most important idem on the list.
A nuclear transistor.
Trunks entered their new apartment. He was dead tired. Goten he noticed was already home…sleeping like a baby. Boy did he want to sleep. Quietly lugging in the components he bought he set them on the table. It creaked under the weight. He then took out his list and ran down it double checking everything.
What about the nuclear transistor?
The machine was useless without it.
Trunks: I guess I'm lucky that's the only thing on the list I couldn't find.
Then with swift assumed movements, as accurate as Dr. Briefs with Vegeta's speed, Trunks started assembling the machine. Within a few hours it was ready…except for one thing.
They can't send it though…it wouldn't survive the trip. Surely they have such things here. Maybe…maybe civilians aren't allowed to have them. That means that the government would…no…no…companies under government contracts would have them…surely at least one? Oscorp…
Stretching with pure relish Trunks leaned back. Here at least was a chance that things would work out. If Oscorp didn't have it, then they would be screwed. Trunks looked to the clock. They had been in this world, a little over 33 hours…to long. It had taken a lot of time, too much time to find all the strange and rare components of the linking machine. He had been so busy 'shopping' that he hadn't gotten a wink of sleep. However dispite his sleep deprervation, his mind was working at a fast pace.
If civilians weren't allowed to have them…why would they give us one? Money buys a lot of things…but. No…we can't risk it. We'll have to check…and possibly steal it. Can't have them be suspicious, too much is riding on this. We simply don't have the time
Trunks: Goten…wake up.
Goten: gheiett..whaipt?
Trunks: We're going
Peter was flying high. So to speak, Aunt May was wonderful. She truly was, not only did she take the news really good; she even patched up his suit. With much better skill than he could ever do. She hadn't had time to design a new one for him yet, although he had to admit he was kinda scared of what she would come up with. But oh well.
In fact the only hitch was when she saw the suit…still dripping blood. She had freaked and automatically started looking him over. So as calmly as he could he told her what had happened. She nearly fainted from the shock. And suddenly she realized the danger he was in. But she couldn't stop him. Instead she instantly went out and bought a major first aid kit, and everything else under the sun.
Swinging though the building, Peter wondered if perhaps she would like a ride someday. But then again??
Suddenly Peter heard a strange whooshing noise…like a jet or something? Spiderman looked up and startled. It was those two guys flying overhead.
"Do they have jet packs or something under their costumes? Sounds like it??"
Wondering what they were up too, he followed…as best he could. They were really fast. But finally they stopped. In front of Oscorp.
Silently he sneaked up closer hoping he would be able to hear them.
Goten: I don't know…Tru…Blade. This isn't our style.
Trunks: They must have one. This world ain't so backwater. It's really simple to make!!
Goten: So are Capsules yet they don't have them?
Trunks: Listen! Saiyaman. If you want to stay here fine!! But I want to go home!! Enough is enough! And if I have to blow up the entire city I'm going to get what I want!!
Spiderman: Uh oh that doesn't sound promising.
Goten: But Blade! Why not just ask that Osborn guy. Give him the plans to make one. That way we wouldn't have to do this…we're going to be criminals??
Trunks: No there's no time!!
Goten: Sure there is…isn't there??
Blade seemed very agitated. Spiderman got closer…being very silent. He had to hear…from what he guessed they were about to break in. And well Spiderman wouldn't allow for that!
Trunks: I didn't want you to worry!
Goten: Trunks??
Spiderman: Trunks? Was that his name…weird?
Trunks: If we don't get the machine working in 5 hours…the pathway will close. We'll be stuck here!
Even though the mask Spiderman could see Saiyaman's horror. What were these guys talking about?
Goten: Lets go Blade!
Both the guys landed outside the main door. It was a sealed titanium door at least 3 feet thick. One thing Spiderman knew was that Osborn never took chances at security. There was no way they could get in…
At least that was what he thought until, Saiyaman, Punched right through it like butter. He then calmly peeled back the metal like a banana and stepped though. OH my GOD! They were monsters. Spiderman followed them in the shadows. There was no way he could fight such strength…they made even him look like a weakling.
Goten: what are we looking for?
Trunks: A nuclear Transistor
A nuclear Transistor…why would they need one of those…they won't find it here. There's only one person I know who has one of those?
Goten: OK…Maybe you should look for the…the…what ever it was. I'll keep a look out.
Spiderman barely got out of the way before Saiyman walked by him. He was mumbling about how this was wrong. Spiderman felt for him, they had after all saved his life. And they obviously were in some sort of trouble. Maybe…he…maybe he should help them. But only after he got the whole story, a nuclear Transistor after all wasn't a toy.
So he followed Saiyman, sensing that he would be more open to talk.
However when they got outside…Peter cursed and slipped back into the shadows. The entire building was already surrounded by security. Lots and lots of them, with such sensitive material in Oscorp, they weren't taking any chances. They were fully armed and extremely trigger-happy. Spiderman knew this from experience.
Saiyman however wasn't moved he just stared at them.
Man1: You there! Come out with your hands up!!
Spiderman couldn't believe it, the guy was laughing.
Goten: Hey Blade…we got company!
Trunks: Take them out!!
Spiderman slipped further into the shadows, but maneuvered so he could see the action. He had a strange feeling that the rent-a-cops were in for more than they bargained for.
Slowly as if to savior the shock on the cops faces, Saiyaman rose into the air. Like an avenging angel. He lifted his one of his hands up, palm flat against the sky. Suddenly…there was a light coming from his hand. It was a strange white light, about the size of a baseball. Just looking at it made his spider sense scream. Stifling a gasp, he watched as Saiyaman let the light go…and a patrol car was destroyed.
Hell it wasn't just destroyed it was put into next Saturday.
Even the ground where the car stood was no longer there, instead a deep crater took its place. Saiyman laughed like he was having the time of his life, blasting away car after car. Taking care that nobody was near it when he let the light go.
Spiderman didn't know what to do…so he stayed put…even when the cops aimed their guns, and fired.
Even thought the bullets were flying at him Saiyman did nothing but wave his hand around. So fast that it was a blur. Then when the shooting stopped he straightened up, raised his hand dramatically and opened his palm. About 50 bullets fell from his hand harmlessly to the ground.
Spiderman gasped again, who were these guys…they…they couldn't be human.
At this point every cop in the area was stunned…then it happened. One minute he was there the next…Spiderman watched as best he could. He had 'super senses' yet even he could barely make out a blur of blue. In less than 10 seconds every man and woman was down for the count.
Saiyman just kick a hell of lot of ass without even breaking a sweat.
Suddenly someone grabbed him by the shoulder and actually lifted him up! Startled he swung as hard as he could. His fist made contact. Instantly sharp pain shot through his arm and hand. He even heard the distinctive sound of bones breaking…his bones. Turning the best he could, still unable to touch the ground, Spiderman came face to face with Blade. How…I hit him hard enough to break a brick wall???
However Blade made no sound no movement…it was as if he didn't even feel it. Maybe he didn't…maybe their both robots or something. That possibly seemed almost believable.
Trunks: What are you doing here?
Goten having taken care of the rent a cops met up with Trunks.
Goten: Hey it's Spiderman. Hi man. Oh Blade did you find it?
Trunks: No!!
He sounded mad, a fact that was obvious to Spiderman as he felt his grip of his shoulder tighten. Stifling a scream of pain as his shoulder blade cracked. Peter decided to ask his questions…before they decided to kill him.
Spiderman: Why do you want a Nuclear Transistor???
They both seemed surprised that he knew what they were after. But instantly dismissed it.
Trunks: Why do you want to know?
Spiderman: I might know where to get one…but I want to make sure…that you won't hurt anyone!!
Trunks: It doesn't matter! Tell us or I'll break your neck!!
Trunks proved as much when he let go of his shoulder and grabbed his neck with the same hand. He was so quick about it that Peter didn't even fall an inch!
Struggling against the strongest hand he ever felt. Spiderman's world starting to go black. He managed a soft mew before Trunks completely closed off his air pipe.
Suddenly without the least bit of warning Saiyman punched Blade.
He hit him with such force that Blade went down like a rock. Before Peter even hit the ground Saiyaman grabbed and swung him behind his back. One thing was for sure Peter was getting pissed off being tossed around like a rag doll!
Goten: Trunks!! You better KNOCK IT OFF!!
Trunks rose slowly like a zombie from the grave!
Goten: We don't have time for this! I say we tell Spiderman why! And get the damn transistor!! You are getting out of control!!!
Trunks or Blade rubbed his cheek softly. Already it was begging to swell and bruise…something Spiderman hadn't been able to do despite breaking ever bone in his hand.
Trunks: You're right Goten. I'm sorry. I'm just so worried!! We don't have much time!
Goten nodded pleased and turned to Spiderman.
Goten: Lets get out of here. Then I'll tell you the whole story.
Goten once again picked up the wall crawler and all three of them took off. Leaving behind what looked like a disaster area.
Once they were far enough away. Goten landed on a roof. He set Spiderman down carefully, figuring that the man had several cracked or broken bones. Trunks had not been gentle.
Goten: Trunks? He needs a bean.
Trunks nodded although he looked like he was in another world, probably because lack of sleep. Within 30 seconds Spiderman felt great, the bean worked!
Spiderman: man you guys have to show me how to grow those.
Goten smiled and without missing a beat told Spiderman everything about their strange trip.
After a moment Spiderman nodded his head, if he hadn't see Saiyman do the impossible…but it had to be true. It was to weird not to be.
Peter: Ok. I'll help. This shouldn't be much of a problem with your speed and strength. The only person I know that has one is a professor at my college. It's guarded by security though.
Trunks: Where is it?
Peter: Follow me.
With that Spiderman swung off the building…he wasn't going to be tossed around anymore!
Goten: Cool!
In the darkness of night, a pair of glowing eyes watched from the distance. Silent as death, and as quick as a viper, it followed the three. In his mind the images of what those two kids had done at Oscorp was replaying itself. He had seen everything, from the ripping of the door to Spiderman being man-handled like a child. He had to know who they were…had to. Its basic instinct drove him to follow although his human mind fought against it. But it couldn't be swayed; the suit had control…complete control. And the suit wanted the powers those boys had. It could feel it, actually feel the pulsing of their bodies, of their potential. The suit wanted a new host!
Brock rallied against it, he wanted the suit to stay with him. And although the suit was thankful for the extra boast of strength Brock gave it. It had a feeling that Brock was nothing compared to the freak shows that left with spider-man. Deep in its simple brain, the suit remembered. The suit remembered when it had Parker…the perfect host. Perfect until Parker rejected it. Its simple brain didn't know fear, or loneliness, but it did know anger, and revenge. These thing it would have with Peter, the host that caused it pain. Brock had proved countless times that he couldn't do it, maybe one of those boys could.
Goten: How much time Trunks?
Trunks looked at his watch. They had yet to reach the college and needless to say he was getting antsy. He needed at least 10 minutes to install the thing into the machine…that he had put inside his suit in a capsule.
Trunks: a little over one hour.
Goten: Damn we're cutting it close.
Trunks: Ya…wish I knew about this professor before we broke into Oscorp. We must have wasted 2 hours or more.
Goten: Ya me to, don't worry about it though. This Teachers rent a cop can't be that bad. We'll have the thingy in no time flat.
Suddenly Spiderman stopped swinging. Goten and Trunks lowered down on top of the building.
Peter: The window on the far right is where he keeps all his gadgets.
Goten nodded, excited that finally he would get to go home.
Suddenly Spiderman's head whipped around, yelling out in surprise he dropped off the roof.
Spiderman: Lookout!
Suddenly something slammed into Goten back. It didn't really hurt; it just knocked off his balance. Up righting himself Goten turned and took a step back.
Goten: What the hell are you?
In front of them was a ghastly image. A massive monster dressed in black spandex with a spider design on its chest. The head that put it under the classification of 'not human' had two white eyes and a huge leering mouth with a long snake like tongue and rows of razor sharp teeth.
Spiderman jumped back onto the roof, hate written in his masked features.
Spiderman: VENOM!!
The creature turned it repulsive head toward Spiderman as its tongue waggled in the air. It made an almost human sound as it hissed at the web slinger. It then spoke with a not so quite human voice. Slithery, hissing sound that was more likely to come from a dieing snake than the thing that was before them.
Venom: Spiderman!
Trunks: Hey look at that they know each other's name!
Trunks was pissed off. They didn't have time to mess with some reject of a horror movie. If they didn't get that Transistor in 50 minute then they weren't going home. So without the tiniest trace of fear Trunks stepped in between Spiderman and Venom. He then raised his two hands to the side of him. Both started to glow, it was the same move Trunks had done back at the tournament, when they were kids.
Suddenly without warning a black glob of muck shot out at Trunks. It grabbed at him; if Trunks had been a bit slower it would have nailed him. But luckily Trunks was able to take to the sky, out of reach from the ooze.
Spiderman: Don't let it touch you!
Goten: Why?
Spiderman: That black stuff is an alien species. It seeks out hosts. After it captures someone it takes over their minds!!
Goten: Damn!
Goten with the same blinding speed as Trunks dodged as the blob reached for him. He also took to the airDamn that stuff is quick!
He two main target out of reach the creature let loose an enraged scream and attacked Spiderman instead. The two danced, and dodged each other. Spiderman had speed on his side, but Venom was clearly stronger.
Trunks however wasn't content to watch from the sidelines. He flew down and reached for the monster clearly planning on throwing him to the moon maybe even Mars. However the black suit reached for him as well. Within a second it covered Trunks body. It was pointless to fight it for the stuff was sticker than caramel. Suddenly Trunks disappeared and that leering creature was in his place.
Trunks: AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH get this off me.
It was Trunks voice…screaming in fear, as he felt the thing enter his mind. For a full 10 minutes Goten and Spiderman could do nothing but watch as Trunks battled this creature. Neither knowing who was going to win.
Inside Trunks mind he was still screaming, this was worse than Buu had ever been; even when he absorbed him…this thing was…oh Kami!!!! The only thing compared to it was the stories he heard about his father, back during Buu when Babidi took over his mind. This thing however wasn't just taking over his mind, but his body as well, Trunks was becoming Venom.
Goten didn't know what to do?
Completely helpless he turned to Spiderman.
Spiderman: That thing hates sound!! That's how I escaped!
Suddenly Goten felt a great swell of Ki!! It was Trunks…Goten stared in shock. The monster that was now Trunks smiled as a golden aura incased it.
Goten: Oh Kami no!!
Venom had won
Spiderman: What!
Goten: That thing has the power of a Super Saiy-jin!! Spiderman…get the transistor and get out of here. I'm going to save Trunks.
Spiderman nodded, he could tell by the extremely serious look on Goten face that things were worse than he knew.
Best leave it to him…??
Picking up an unconscious Brock Spiderman left.
Goten floated in the air, just below the monster that was his friend. Never had he even dreamed something like this could happen. Everything that could go wrong was. All they were supposed to do was lend Dr. Brief a hand. Now look were they were. They were going to get stuck in this shit hole of a city. And Trunks was possesed by the black blob. Could it get any worse!!
Goten: Trunks!!!! Fight it man! We don't have time for this!!
Venom: Trunks? Trunks? Trunks don't live here anymore, only Venom resides!
His voice was still Trunks but with a twist, an ugly slithering sound that got more pronounced with ever word.
Goten found himself getting angry, this wasn't fair. All they wanted to do was go home!!
With a scream of fury Goten transformed! His golden hair spiking toward the heavens, every curve and muscle outlined sharply by the harsh light. Giving him a fierce deadly look.
Goten: If you don't let my friend go this instant. I will kill you!!
The thing laughed, a mockery of Trunks voice. That enraged Goten more than anything the creature could do.
Venom: I have power like never before! Why would I give it up! Because some brat says so?
Goten: No because a Super Saiy-jin says so!
With blinding speed Goten slammed a meaty fist into Venom gut. The creature bent over in pain and rage. Turning and striking, the creature blinked in confusion. Goten was gone. Suddenly it was hit from behind, so hard that it crashed into the street below. Dust rose like a cloud from hell obscuring Goten's view.
Just like I hoped, it doesn't know Trunks full power yet! I better end this before one of us die…or get stuck here.
According to Goten's mental watch they had only 45 minutes left!
That's only 35 if you count the time it takes for Trunks to build the damn thing!
Suddenly Venom was in front of him. Goten gasped as two rock hard fists punched him time after time. Finally Goten brought up his arms to ward off the blows. But to late they had taken their toll; blood flowed freely from his nose and lips.
Goten launched his own attack but soon discovered that the thing was an incredibly fighter! It was learning as they went, punch, stab, kick, combo…all were blocked!
Goten in a last ditched effort to tag this monster, rammed his body into Venom. Both went down and slammed into the street. Late night walkers of New York screamed and ran from the two Super powers!
Suddenly Venom roared and the air crackled with power…with a blinding flash of light Venom let loose a ki energy blast that was enough to destroy the entire city. It wasn't a controled blast, Venom didn't have the knowledge yet for that. So it was more powerful and dangerous than anything Trunks alone could have created. Goten gasped as he put himself underneath the blast. Struggling with the pure energy he was barely able to hold. It took him nearly 5 minutes of struggling. (Thankfully Venom couldn't get close enough to attack) before he managed to change its course. It rose harmless over the city, landing miles away. (In a deserted area: what a luckily break)
The night became day as the ball hit, causing an a-bomb like cloud to rise from the sky. Within seconds a powerful wind nearly knocked Goten down.
38 minutes
They didn't have time for this.
That thing hates sound!!
Spiderman's voice ripped though his head. That thing hates sound.
Suddenly like a vision from heaven Goten knew what to do. He jumped back from the hellish sight of Trunks. Venom didn't press the attack. Most likely drained his energy on that last attack. Then with all the power left in his body Goten concentrated. Slowly both hands started to glow.
Goten: This is your last chance monster Let my Friend Go
The thing just hissed and took a careful step forward. Not yet fully recovered from his own attack. That was Venom's mistake. He didn't know the limits or the rules to fighting like a Saiy-jin. Didn't know how the alien species worked.
Goten: Well you slimly son of a bitch I ain't going to give you a chance to learn!!
When with a great clap, Goten slammed his hands together. He then took all his power and caused the air to vibrate. It rose like a great scream into the night shattering the glass building around them! Goten eardrums unable to stand the press ruptured, stealing his reward of hearing Venom scream in pain! Blood poured from his ears but he didn't care, his mind, body and power, all were concentrated on one thing. Kill that body-stealing bastard
Venom danced around screaming in pain, his hands on its ear's. But it couldn't block the sound. The sound that radiated throughout its entire body. The sound that had become the very air.
With a final cry Venom slithered off his Saiy-jin host. Forming a black puddle at Trunks feet.
Trunks his ears bleeding as well took two steps toward his friend and fell to the ground. Goten felt like doing that himself. But he had one thing to do first.
And with a single beam of energy. He destroyed the black puddle leaving nothing but a burnt spot to lay proof that it was ever there.
Goten slowly opened his eyes. He wasn't sure where he was. It didn't look like his room. For a moment all that had happened to him seemed like a dream. One he didn't want to remember.
Suddenly something was forced down his throat. Before he could do anything he swallowed.
Wait a minute he knew that taste.
Sitting up Goten watched as Trunks also ate a bean. Dried Blood was plastered to the side of his face. Also he had a number of bruises, all of which disappeared when he swallowed.
Goten sat up not knowing where they were.
Trunks: Hey man welcome back.
Goten smiled. He was extremely glad to see Trunks back to normal. Suddenly he remembered!
Goten: What time is it!!
Trunks looked down at his feet.
Trunks: We have 5 minutes.
Goten: The Transistor.
Trunks sadly shook his head. He needed at least 10 minutes to install the thing, if they had it. Goten felt horrible after all they went through…it looked like they would have to get to know New York a lot better than they thought.
Goten: How did we get here?
Trunks: I'm not sure?
Peter: I do.
Walking into the room an unmasked Spiderman smiled.
Peter: I found you guys passed out and carried you up here.
Trunks: Thanks man.
Peter nodded, and grinned.
Peter: Hey you better hurry up if you want to go home
Both Saiy-jin stared at him like he had grown another head.
Trunks: What?
Peter: Didn't I tell you? I'm pretty smart myself. I was able to take your linking machine and put the Transistor in it. Its ready to go…unless you don't want to?
Goten stood up and pumped his hands in the air letting loose a scream of pure joy!!
Goten: Ah man I could kiss you!!
Peter: Please don't.
With that Peter rolled out a cart on top of it was the linking machine, primed and ready to go.
Trunks: I don't know how to repay you.
Peter: don't worry about it; you did save my life after all.
Trunks nodded and stuck out his hand, which Peter took readily.
Suddenly Goten got an Idea.
Goten: Here man I got some gifts for you.
Pressing the button on his watch his costume disappeared. Peter was somewhat stunned, but with seeing what he had earlier nothing would ever truly shock him again.
Goten then gave Peter the watch.
Goten: Instructions are on the back on how to change the costumes. I think that'll come in handy, if Spiderman needs to make a suddenly appearance.
Suddenly Trunks reached over and gave Peter a card.
Peter: What?
Trunks: There's still quite a bit of money left over.
Peter didn't know what to say.
Peter: I can't…
Goten: Please take them…we don't need them where we are going.
Peter: Well I guess…Thanks.
Trunks: Goten 2 minutes.
Unable to contain his joy Goten gave Peter a huge hug that nearly snapped his ribs. Coughing embarrassed Peter waved good-bye.
In a flash of light it was all over.
The END