Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Stay With You ❯ One-Shot

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own the characters nor do I own the song. It's "Stay With You", by the Goo Goo Dolls.

I'll stay with you
The walls will fall before we do
Take my hand now
We'll run forever
I can feel the storm inside you
I'll stay with you

Hi, I'm Pan Son and I'm a Trunks-aholic. Who's Trunks, you might ask? Well, he's the son of Bulma and Vegeta. He's the current CEO of Capsule Corp. He's my best friend. He's handsome, funny, playful, sweet, strong. He's also fourteen years my senior and a playboy. So why did he have to be the man I fell in love with?

Yup, Pan Son is madly in love with her best friend. The man who can get any woman he wants. The man who helped save the Earth. The man I could never have.

I knew he would laugh at me, but I just had to tell him the truth. You see, I'd been avoiding him lately because of these feelings for him. He started questioning me about it. Well, when he wasn't screwing another hot woman's brains out. He said he missed me. He had no idea.

Gathering up all the courage I had, I flew to C.C. I honed in on Trunks ki and felt it with another. I just hoped he could make the time for me. I also hoped it wasn't another bimbo with him. They all looked at me like another kid.

I finally touched down. I walked right in because Bulma had given me specific instructions to always do so. That was just one of the many benefits of being Goku's granddaughter. I followed Trunks' ki trail to where he was sitting on the couch with, as I feared, another bimbo. I cleared my throat to get his attention.

"Pan! How are you? I've missed you!", he stated.

"I've been fine. Listen, I need to talk to you.", I replied.

"Anything for my best friend. Courtney, I'll be right back."

I cringed at her name and her response.

"Okay, but come back soon Trunksie-Wunskie.", she crooned.

As soon as we landed Trunks didn't miss a beat.

"What did you need to talk to me about?"

Trunks, I...I."

"Pan don't be shy. You know you can tell me anything. I am your best friend after all."

"Trunks...I'm in love with you."

Fooled by my own desires
I twist my fate
Just to feel you
But you, turn me towards the light
And you're one with me
Will you run with me?

I cringed again, at the statement.

"Pan, you're not in love with me. You're just a kid."

"But I am Trunks, I swear it!"

"I can't listen to this anymore. Grow up, then tell me that. I might believe you then."

My heart broke as he walked away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had been months since the "incident", and I had been avoiding Trunks since. Then, one day Bra decided to pay a visit. She knocked on my bedroom door and I let her in. She just sat on my bed for a while, studying me, before she spoke.

"Trunks has been a wreck without you, you know."

"No, he hasn't."

"Yes, he has! He won't even shave, he just pines for you!"

"Bullshit! He rejected my feelings. He told me to grow up before he would believe I loved him."

Bra is my best friend and confidante. She, other than Trunks, was the only person who knew how I felt.

I'll stay with you
The walls will fall before we do
Take my hand now
We'll run forever
I can feel the storm inside you
I'll stay with you

"Did you ever think that maybe it's your clothes that make him look at you like a kid?"

"Why should that effect anything?"

"Well, with the baggy clothes you wear it's hard to tell that you have a woman's figure. Maybe it's time you had a slight make-over."

"I'm not gonna start dressing up all the time."

"That's not what I meant. Mind you I did say slight. I meant more form-fitting jeans and t-shirts seeing as that way you're still comfy."

I contiplated it for a while.

"All right, sounds good."

Bra squealed.

"All right but I have to call Marron. But if I'm going to help you, you have to be willing to wear whatever I pick out. I promise you'll like it."

"All right, fine. I trust you."

With that Bra pulled out her cellphone to call Marron.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was two hours into the shopping spree at the mall and I was STARVING!!!

"Bra, can't we eat now?", I whined.

She looked at me, then looked at my hands. I must have been holding at least twenty bags of new clothes.

"All right, but as long as we come back here for your new shoes and accessories."

"That's perfectly fine with me as long as I can fill this Saiyan tummy of mine."

Bra nodded, took a few bags from my hands, and walked towards the food court.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Now that we're done with lunch we can go back to shopping!", Bra stated with a giggle.

We headed back to the store that we were in before we stopped for lunch, and that's when I saw them.

"Oh my Kami! I have to have those boots!", I squealed. (A/N: So un-Pan like, ne?)

"Which ones?", Bra and Marron questioned in unison.

Now come in from this storm
I taste you sweet and warm
Take what you need
Take what you need
From me

"Those ones!", I said. Then I pointed to an adorable pair of black boots with fringes.

"Oooo, good choice Pan. Get them, they'll go with everything we bought so far.", was Bra's response.

After a few more stores and a few more purchases, we finally headed back to C.C.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Trunks is still here, we need to hurry to my room and get you ready Pan.", Bra said.

I blushed a little at the thought of Trunks seeing the new me.

"All right, let's put Operation: Make Him Drool into action." I said, winking at Bra.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

About two hours later I was ready. I looked in the mirror and gasped. I couldn't believe that was me! Even in simple fair I looked gorgeous. Bra even looked a little envious. I definetly believe this is going to be my new look.

"I can feel Trunks' ki in the living room and he's alone, so why not go down there and impress him?" Bra said.

I gulped and nodded, my nervousness almost becoming unbearable. I left Bra's room and headed for the stairs

I almost could have died laughing at the look that Trunks gave me when he saw me come down those stairs. I thought his eyes were going to pop out of his head!

"Wow, Pan you look...gorgeous." Trunks finally said.

"Thanks." I replied blushing a tomato red.

Wake up this world
Wake up tonight
And run with me
Run to me now

"Pan, I really have to talk to you."

"Ok, go ahead."

"Listen I...this is going to sound so stupid."

"Trunks, your my best friend. Nothing you could say would sound stupid."

"Well this is, but I'll say it anyway. I'm sorry I didn't recognize you as a woman until today."

I was taken aback.

"Trunks..."

"No let me finish. I've thought things over a lot these past months while you wouldn't talk to me and I realized something...I'm in love with you too."

I should have hit the ceiling with joy but I couldn't, I was furious.

"So now all of a sudden because I start showing off my body you decide you love me! Is that what you say to all your girls, or am I just easy to you now?"

"No, it's not like that. You could be Panny the tomboy forever and I'd still love you. You're different, I really love you."

"I can only be with you if you swear you'll stay with me, and only me."

"I promise, Pan. I'll stay with you." Trunks whispered before capturing my lips.

I'll stay with you
The walls will fall before we do
Take my hand now
We'll run forever
I can feel the storm inside you
I'll stay with you

A/N: Hooray, it's done! R&R, please!