Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Streight from the Hood ❯ Chapter Four ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Streight From the Hood

By: ReiChan/Supahsa

DiSCLAiMAH: Me no own.

AUTHORESS' NOTE: Sorry for the long wait…I have TWO reasons why I haven't been able to update. One, my parents grounded me…I'm still grounded…but yehnoe…what they don't know won't hurt me. Two, I broke my finger! ;_; I broke it playing basketball…and I was debating whether or not I should update or not. Also, most of this chapter will be based on a true story. Now, onto the chappy!

Chapter 4

"WHAT?"

"Oh, I'm not all that surprised."

"WHY NOT MARRON?"

"Pan, don't get me wrong but they DO look alike, yehnoe?"

"You guys, I'm still here."

"Yah Bura we know."

"Er...Jordan spilt milk and Goten's hungry. This is gonna take forever to fix. I-"

"Got to go, we know, Marron."

"Tell Jordan Auntie Pan says 'Hi'!"

"Go away."

"Hahah."

-click-

"Well, it isn't really as much fun without Marron."

"Son Pan are you calling me boring?"

"Yes I am Bura Vegeta Breifs."

"Okay fine. Bye."

"Bye!"

-click-

---

Pan's House

---

"PanChan!" Videl called.

"What Mom?" Pan replied.

"Can you go to the store? We're a bit low on supplies. Your father emptied out the fridge!"

"Okay! I'll go."

"Do you need any money?"

"No, I got it covered."

"Okay."

Pan ran into the main room of her apartment and gave her pregnant mom a kiss on the cheek.

"Byee!" Pan yelled while putting her shoes on and running out the door.

---

Pan's POV

---

The walk to the store was pretty much normal. People fighting, yelling, and girls crying. I've lived this way all my life. I can't stand the thought of anyone hurt, but it's not my place to interfere. Not

alone at least. A scream pierced my ears. It sounded so familiar...

"SHiT! JAY?!" I yelled running to the alley where I heard the scream.

"P-Pan..g-get out of...h-here..." Jay said coughing up blood.

"Jay, I can't leave my homeboy, not when he's like this." I replied taking his not broken arm and putting it around my shoulder. "Someone call the hospital!"

"Where do you think you're going?" I hear an evil voice behind me. I turn around to see, BDown's [Bloods Down] worstest enemy, CK [Crab Killahs].

"I'm takin' my homeboy to the hospital Foo. What's it look like I'm doin'?" I spat.

"We weren't done with him." He replied.

"I don't care." I said, turning around and reaching my hand into my pocket to get to my cell phone.

"Put the bitch down." He said grabbing my hair and turning me around.

"Fuck off." I replied as I spat into his face.

"Fuckin' whore, you will regret that." He said dropping me and punching my face.

"Hahah...that's funny." I said picking myself up and dusting off my clothes.

"How?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

"Cuz, you're too weak for me to waste time on." I replied smirking.

"Hey! James!"

"What is it, Tom?"

"Isn't that Trunks' girl?"

"Why...yes...it is. I knew you looked familiar. I'd notice that figure anywhere." He said looking me up and down.

"You actually think you have a chance with me? Hah. That's even funnier than your face."

"Shut up!" He yelled, TRYiNG to punch me again. I dodged easily.

"Ooooh. I'm SOOO scared." I taunted.

"Bitch!" He yelled [again], TRYiNG to kick me.

"I don't have time for this." I reply kicking him into a wall and watching CK try to get him. They should've known better. Stupid crips.

"Jay is you okay?" I asked, almost forgetting my homeboy who was on the verge of death. He lay there lifeless. SHiT! I can be so damned careless sometimes. I pulled out my cell phone and called my house.

"Hello?"

"Mom, it's Pan. I can't get the food yet. I've got a problem."

"What is it Panny?" Mom asks, worry evident in her tone.

"Mom....it's Jay. He's barely breathing, cuz of a fight and-"

"Enough get to a hospital quick! I'll just get your father to get the food."

"Thanks SO much Mom!"

"Bye!"

I hung up the phone, stuffed into my pocket, picked up Jay, and flew to the nearest hospital. Luckily, it was only a few minutes away. I get to the hospital and Jay gets rushed to the emergency room. I call up Trunks, Goten, Marron, Jay's 'rents, and Bura. They get here fast.

"Excuse me, Ms. Son?" The doctor enters the room and asks me.

"Y-Yes?" I ask nervously, looking around at everyone there.

"I'm sorry. Jay is on air supply and life support. But he isn't unconscious, yet. If you guys have anything to say to him, say it now. I don't think he'll be alive any longer." He told me, sadness, regret and concern in his eyes.

"I-I'll tell them..." tears threatening to spill from my eyes. I've known Jay since I was young. Hell, we went through boys and toys with me. Every time I needed something, he was there. Now...who will be there for me? Who do I have now? I collapsed; the tears were falling, all against my will. Jay was the best guy friend I ever had. way before Marron and Trunks.

"If you want, I could tell them for you." The doctor said, putting his hand on my shoulder. "You can go in there and talk to him privately. He may not be able to talk much, but he can hear you."

That's the most kindness a stranger has ever shown me.

"Thank you." I reply standing up and going into Jay's hospital room. What I see shocks the shit out

of me. Jay, with wires stuck to him and nurses tending to him. The tears are gonna fall again. It hurts to see him this way. This isn't the Jay I knew. The Jay I knew was hyper and laughed a lot. He looked so weak like this.

A tear falls. I quickly wipe it away and go to his side. I put his hand in mine.

"Jay..." I begin, the tears start. I can't stop them.

"I've known you my whole life and you are...the best friend I could ever ask for...You've always been there for me; I just hope I was always there for you... I heart you, and..." I can't control it anymore. The tears start falling. Washing away everything. All the laughs and the moments and memories that will always be in my heart.

"Pan..." Jay starts as he wipes a tear from my face. I look at him. Death isn't new to me, but this was. The feeling of losing someone close to you.

"W-What?" I ask quietly.

"D-Don't cry...I-I never li-liked i-it when y-you cried..." He said. I cried more. I couldn't help it.

"B-But Jay, what do you do when your best friend is about to die?" I ask.

"You think about all the memories you shared together...and realize that all his pain is gone." I embrace him tightly, but not too tight.

"Pan, don't you see? I finally get to see her again. I finally get to see Amber. I miss her so much..." Tears start streaming down Jay's face.

"I-I understand. You really miss her don't you?" I ask him, lifting my head and looking him in the eye.

"Y-Yes, I-I do." He replies quietly.

"Okay, Panny, you're not the only one with something to say." Trunks says, putting his hand on my shoulder.

"Okay."

"Don't worry too much, Baby." He tells me, kissing my hand. I take the seat in the corner and watch everyone talk to Jay. The big machine next to him starts to beep loudly and I see a straight line across the screen. No. Tears sting my cheeks. All I can hear are the yells and screams of his parents and little brother. And I hear all too familiar to me.

"N-No...JAAAYYY!!!!!" I yell at the top of my lungs trying my best to get through all the doctors and nurses, to at least see him one last time. My heart breaks.

"I'm sorry miss. This is no place-" I push her out of my way. I've got to get to Jay.

"JAY! No! You can't die on me! NO! Not now! Not yet!" I scream, trying to get to him, but more doctors get in my way. Tears were flowing freely down my face and then someone grabbed my arm.

"Pan. We shouldn't be here. They're gonna try to help Jay.." Trunks said, firmly holding me.

"NO! Let go of me Trunks! I need to get to him! I need to see him once more!" I yell at him, trying desperately to get him off of me.

"Pan..." Trunks says and shakes his head. Tears are in his eyes...

"Okay..." I say lowering my head and allowing Trunks to pick me up and take me out of the room.

I glance back at the bed and see him...smiling..Rest in Peace Jay. You will always remain in my heart.

AUTHORESS' NOTE: It's sad, I know. Okay, well I am in no way blood nor crip. And I am in no way affiliated with Crab Killahs [if there are any ¬¬], only the BDOWN gurls in my area. Thanks for reading. Now please review. ^_^