Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Taking Chances and Leaps of Faith ❯ In Which There are Many Explanations ( Chapter 9 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

"Welcome to Capsule Corps," Videl yelled over the whirring of the helicopter. She directed the machine to a safe place and landed it expertly. Standing outside of the house, awaiting them, were several figures of different sizes. Lucca leapt out of the helicopter and turned to assist his sister. Gohan turned to aid Videl, but she had already exited and was rushing towards the group of people.

Gohan stepped in front of Lucca and Cira. "I don't know why you want to see Bulma, but I really hope it's not for anything bad."

"We wish Bulma Briefs no harm," Cira said gravely. "I cannot account for others, though."

"Er…..right, just, um…..be careful of Vegeta, okay? He's really possessive of Bulma and he's really powerful."

The two nodded and the three followed Videl's path. They had not gone three feet before a blur of motion knocked Gohan off his feet and slammed him into the ground.

"HOW DARE YOU, SPAWN OF KAKOROT, BRING THESE CREATURES NEAR MY MATE!"

Gohan gulped as he attempted to dodge Vegeta's fists. "I'm sorry! Vegeta, really I am! They seemed harmless!"

That was not the right thing to say. There was a surge of power as Vegeta ascended and he launched himself straight for Gohan's throat, his golden aura flaring around his body. Lucca pushed Cira out of the way and stepped in front of Gohan. He reached out with his hand and stopped Vegeta in mid flight.

Vegeta looked up from his spot on the ground, rubbing his head. He glared at the offending hand that had blocked him and stood, growling, "You're going to wish you hadn't interfered in Saiyan business, alien!"

He fell into a crouch and attempted to swipe Lucca off his feet, but the alien was too fast and flipped backwards, landing in a slight crouch. His right arm was bent upwards, his hand straight and slightly away from his face. His left arm was cradled low against his body, as if injured.

Vegeta tilted his head at the strange position, but then dismissed it. Launching into the air, Vegeta dived towards Lucca's head, the wind whistling shrilly as he sliced through it, his speed unmatched. Curling his fist tightly, Vegeta pulled back…..and feinted to the right, coming around behind Lucca and slamming his fist into the back of his head.

With a loud smack Lucca's head flung forward and the rest of his body followed; he crashed into the earth, the breath leaving his body. Struggling to his feet, he rolled to the left to avoid another powerful punch.

Before he could retaliate with punches of his own, a loud voice stopped both him and Vegeta. He looked up as a tiny, blue haired woman ran towards them, fury in her eyes.

"VEGETA," she screeched, "I TOLD YOU NOT TO ATTACK THEM! DON'T YOU EVER LISTEN?"

Lucca pulled away from the hysterical woman, his ears buzzing. Clapping his hands over them, he attempted to smother her ringing tones.

Vegeta had his own way of dealing with her, and he slapped a hand over her mouth. Blessed silence filled the afternoon. Slowly lowering his hands, Lucca looked over at an irate Cira and shrugged.

She came forward, placing a soothing hand on Vegeta's shoulder. He tensed, and then a shudder ran through his body until he relaxed. Slowly he dropped his hand from Bulma's mouth.

"Who are you people?" She asked, her voice shaking slightly.

"We are friends," Cira replied. "We have come to help you."

Bulma looked bewildered. "With what? Why would I need your help? Who are you?"

Glancing quickly at Lucca, Cira said, "Perhaps this conversation would best take place inside. This need only concern a few people."

Nodding, Bulma took Vegeta's hand and led the dazed warrior back into the house. "What did you to do to him?"

"It is a simple calming spell. He can understand and react to everything around him, just not with violence."

"Oh, how long will it last?"

"As long as I will it," Cira intoned.

The interior of the house was blessedly cool and Bulma directed everyone to the nearest sitting room. It was done in soothing shades of blue and green; Cira could not help but be reminded of Elrondia and her heart wrenched.

Taking a seat on a plush sofa, Cira felt herself sink backwards and she awkwardly flailed for a moment. Lucca helped her settle, and then sat next to her. Bulma sat across from them with Vegeta. Behind them, a boy with lavender hair stood, his arms crossed tautly against his chest. For some reason, he reminded Cira of the boy from her dream, and she blushed when he settled his eyes on her.

Gohan plopped down on a chair and Videl settled on the arm. Although it was obvious that the two had been `playing' as a couple, Cira could sense a real attraction and she hid her smile. She hoped to be here long enough to see it play out.

Her eyes settled on the last occupant of the room. The old man, she gasped and stood.

"You!"

"Ha Ha, hello, gorgeous, how about that kiss now, hmm?"

Cringing, Cira sat closer to her brother who gazed at Master Roshi forbiddingly. Roshi took the hint and sat in wicker chair.

"Must they all be here?" Cira said, staring pointedly at Master Roshi. Bulma nodded.

"Afraid so. They are all a part of the team that protects Chikyuu, so, they'd find out anyway. There's actually more, but some are dead and others might as well be they're so hard to get a hold of."

Bulma had spoke with sadness when she mentioned death, and Cira knew someone dear to her had died. Smiling brightly, Bulma directed her attention back to the matter at hand.

"So, why don't you tell us your story? What brings you to Chikyuu? Who exactly are you?"

"My name is Princess Miakoda Cira Catori and this is my brother, Crown Prince Lucca Ahern Catori. We come from the planet Elrondia which is many galaxies from Chikyuu."

"So, you've been traveling for years to get here?" Bulma asked, shocked.

Lucca shook his head, answering with his deep voice, "Our technology enables us to make the journey in mere months."

Bulma's eyes lit up at the word technology. "May I see this technology? Tinker with it a bit?"

Lucca shook his head again. "We do not share our technology with aliens, especially those less advanced then us."

"Oh," Bulma's face fell, "Well, I understand." It was apparent from her tone, however, that she did not.

Cira smiled gently, "It is an old decree that is in little use. The reason we have journeyed here is for you."

"Why?" Bulma asked, bewildered.

Here, Cira hesitated, biting her lip delicately. "That I cannot answer, for I do not know. The only information I received was that I had to protect you."

Bulma looked at Vegeta, who nodded, his eyes closed. Cira sensed they were sharing a private conversation and chose not to intrude.

"Very well, then, you'll be needing a place to stay I assume?"

Blushing, Cira nodded. "I am sorry for the inconvenience, but we did not plan very well."

"Please, don't apologize, you've never been to Chikyuu before, besides, if you have to protect me, then you might as well stay here. Although," she added to softly, "I don't know I'm so important."

Cira nodded, more to herself. She too wished to understand. Standing, she bowed to Bulma. "Thank you for your hospitality Bulma Briefs."

Bulma blushed and said, "No need to bow, Princess Miakoda, you're the royalty."

Wincing at her horrid name, Cira said, "Please, refer to me as Cira."

Nodding, Bulma seemed to remember her manners and exclaimed, "Let me introduce you to every one. This is my mate, Vegeta, Prince of all Saiyans, which includes maybe four. Behind us is our son from the future, Trunks, he can explain that later. The old man is Master Roshi, an immortal turtle guy. On the chair is Gohan Son, he's half Saiyan and next to him his Videl Satan, she's a family friend."

Processing the names and faces, Lucca and Cira greeted the fellow Chikyuu-jins and Saiyans. Bulma took Cira's arm and led them down the hall chatting about the house and Capsule Corps. Waving her hand slightly, Cira lifted the relaxation spell and Vegeta growled his thanks.