Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Teigra's Desert ❯ 15 ;D ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I don't own DBGT

------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------

Herro and Pan were walking in the deep abyss of the jungle. If it wern't for the light Herro provided, Pan was positive she wouldn't be able to see a thing. It was more like walking in a tunnel of darkness, instead of a jungle. Jungles are usally beeming with life, colorfull plants, and animals. Even if this place had plant life, Pan wouldn't be able to see it, and the jungle gave Pan the feeling like somthing was constantly watching her and Herro.
Pan stepped on somthing like a rock, and stumbled. Herro helped Pan up, and never let go of her hand.
"Ow..." Pan grumbled.
"I would tell you to watch where your going, but that would be usless."
Pan humphed, and followed Herro as they continued to venture into the jungle, but Pan couldn't move. Herro was tugged by Pans hand, and stopped.
"What?" Herro asked angerily.
"Herro, I can't move. Somthing holding my ankle!" Herro brightened his light, and saw a skeleton holding on to Pans ankle. Pan gasped in fear.
"You didn't step on that did you?!" Herro asked in anger.
"I didn't know it was there!"
The skeleton guivered, and began to pull Pan down, making a strange noise that sounded like screams. Pan cryed, and tried to pull herself up, but the skeleton was to strong. Herro raced to help Pan, and the light in his hand vanished, engulfing everything in darkness. Herro grabbed Pans arms and tried to pull her up. The skeleton pulled hard, and brought Pan down in the earth to her waist. Herro was trying his hardest, but the skeletons unatural strengh was to much. Then Herro felt a frezzing cold hand tugging on his arm, then more joined trying to pull Herro into the darkness.
Herro started to panic. Pan was being pulled down by the dead, while he was being pulled by spectors. There was only one thing that could save them both. Herro quickly thought of the one thing that enraged him, and it happened.
Herros hair and tail turned blond, and he exploded with bright gold light. The ghosts hissed and vanished, releasing Herro. Herro grabbed Pans arm, and pulled her out of the ground bringing the skeleton with her. Herro yanked the skeleton off of her, and blasted it away, leaving nothing left.
Herro carried Pan bridel style, and flew in the direction he was going before. The ghosts staying away from him as he passed them. Soon, the jungle was covered in sunlight, revealing old pillers of stone, many skeletons, and tall green trees. Herro landed, and sat down legs crossed, and changed back to normal. He looked at the uncautious Pan in his arms.
"She must have fainted. Can't blame her for that." Herro grunted. He moved her bangs from her face. "That was close. I almost lost her..." He whispered. Herro stroked her cheek, then her lips. Herro blushed and pulled his hand away.
'What am I doing?' Herro asked himself. Herro gazed apon Pans face, and saw her eyes flutter open.
"Are you al-"
"SKELETON!!" pan yelled, cutting Herro off. Pan jumped on top of Herro and started to beat on him, while closing her eyes and screaming "SKELETON!!".
"CUT IT OUT!!" Herro yelled grabbing her wrists. Pan opened her eyes, and calmed down.
"Herro, I'm sorry." pan apologized. "So... what happened?"
Herro growled. "You fainted, and I rescued you, fool." Herro explained. "Oh. Thanks." Pan said like it was no big deal, which just made Herro growl. Pan smiled at Herro, and noticed that she was lying on top of him. Pan and Herro blushed, and got out of the position in a flash.
After a few minutes of akward silence, Pan got the courage to ask Herro somthing.
"Uh... so that skeleton thing. Does that happen all the time? I mean, does a skeleton just spring to life all the time when you touch it?" Pan asked.
Herro thought for a moment. "Acually, I'm not sure. You see, the people who died in this jungle are filled with grief, anger, and sadness." Herro said waving at a near by corpse. "When they died they either left there body as a ghost, or stayed with the body and became the living dead. The living dead, arn't exactly alive; all they can do is move. They can't even think for themselves, all there actions ride on emotions. So out of jealosy of the living they kill them, and make them there own."
"But why make such a choice? If I died, I wouldn't want to become somthing that can only think of death."
"They make that choice because they have a strong desire to live, so they choose the "next best thing". But becoming a ghost isn't that much better. Ghosts have jealosy of the living too, and somtimes it's much worse then the "zombies". They pull you into darkness, and torcher your mind and body. And there emotions can become so out of control, that they become the very thing the're feeling. The're apearence changes, and they eventually don't look like they were even human once." Herro explained grimly.
Pan looked around and noticed the tall pillers.
"What are those?" pan asked pointing at the pillers.
"I really don't know. The're probobly somthing of an old ruin. They used to have a ton of 'em in the jungle."
After a few minutes of resting, Pan and Herro got up. "So where next?" pan asked strechting. Herro looked out and scaned the jungle.
"I don't know." he said flatly.
"What?"
"I don't know. I've only been to the jungle once as I can remember. And even then, I didn't stick around to long." Herro said, looking around. pan sighed, and sat down.
"This is great. I'm cursed, and I'm stuck in a jungle filled with ghosts and demons... How can it get any worse?"
"It can. This part of the jungle is wolf demon territory." Herro informed.
"Wolf demons..." Pan whispered, remembering the time she was attacked by wolfs. She wouldn't had made it if Herro hadn't taken care of her.
Pan looked at Herro, and remembered the times he had saved her so many times. First he saved her from the snake demon, when she first entered Teigra. Then he treated her injurys the wolf demons gave her. Then he practicly fought the bird demon by himself... but Pan saved him from bleeding to death that time. Then when Pan became ill from the curse Herro had taken care of her, and even found her a doctor. And now Herro had rescued her from that skeleton.
"Herro?"
"Hm?"
"This is kinda hard to say... but I wanted to say thank you for all those times you saved me."
"Huh?"
"You know! You saved my life five times already! It's just... I hate being taken care of like a child. That's the whole reason I came to Teigra, to get stronger, so my family won't have to come to my rescue all the time. But if you wern't here I wouldn't be either... so thanks." Pan had to say it, but she felt weaker after saying it.
"I'm not taking care of you. If I were taking care of you, that would mean you wouldn't be able to do anything. You saved my life alot Pan."
"Huh?"
"You see, when I go "Super saiyen" I... lose control. But when I killed that bird demon, I think I was about to go on a rampage. But you stopped me."
"How?" Pan asked.
"I... heard your voice, and heard you crying. So I stopped. And I'm pretty sure if it wern't for you, Nyoka would have killed me."
"But you could have turned into a super saiyen."
"True... but I would have lost control again." Herro shivered a little. "But when you were about to be taken by that skeleton... I couldn't save you by my regluar strengh. So... I went super saiyen again." Pan blinked. "But that time, I didn't go crazy. All I could think about..." Herro cupped Pans cheek. "Was to save you." Pan blushed, she couldn't belive what she was hearing. Herro leaned in closer to Pans face. "Pan..."
"Herro..." Pan whispered, leaning in too and blushing deeply. There faces were closing in, there lips just an inch away from eachother. Pan closed her eyes, waiting for his lips to touch hers, but it didn't come.
"Hey, whats taking you so long?" She asked impaitently. Pan opened one eye, and saw Herro glaring at somthing behind her. Pan turned around and saw, a giant white wolf. It was the size of a small school bus, had many scars on its face, and had deep blue eyes.
"You look as angry as always, Herro. But I see you have grown up, since the last time we met." She said, her jaws turning into somthing like a sly smirk.
"Shut up, Tala!" Herro yelled blushing deeply. Pan blushed too, but remained silent. "What do you want anyway?" Tala laughed.
"I just came to see who intruded in my jungle." Tala said lying down.
"It's not your jungle. Other demons live here too." Herro said, his anger begining to boil.
"I know that, boy. But they all know, who's the boss around here." She said smiling. Herro growled at her. "So, what are you two doing in here? There are other, more romantic spots in Teigra, if you two want to make out." Tala said smirking again.
"WE WERE NOT GOING TO MAKE OUT!" Pan and Herro screamed. Tala laughed at there embarresment. "Our busisness here, is our own." Herro growled.
"Herro!" Pan started. Pan grabbed his ear, and bent him over to her hight.
"Ow! What!?" Herro asked in anger and in pain.
"Herro. Tala knows the jungle better than we do, she could help us."
"No way!"
"Yes way! Now deal with it!"
Tala watched as they argued with each other, untill Pan had yelled at Herro so loudly, all Herro could do was mumble and kick the dirt in frustration.
"Um... Tala? You see, me and Herro met this demon snake guy, named Nyoka." Tala raised her eyebrows at the name. "And well you see, me and Herro got this curse. So me and Herro are here to find this temple, fight this guy named Indivar, and have the curse taken off of us." Pan explained.
"You met with Nyoka? Don't tell me, he promised you power if you defeated him, right?" Tala asked. Heero and Pan nodded, then Tala laughed.
"What?!" Heero asked. Herro wasn't in the mood to deal with Tala, and her arrogance.
"You two are such fools. You can't trust Nyoka as far as you can throw him... but I guess concering you two and your strengh, I guess you *had* to trust him." Tala laughed at her own joke, but Pan and Herro wern't entertained.
"Talking with you always gets me tired." Herro sighed. "You now know why were here, now go away!"
"Herro!" Herro grumbled as Pan started to yell at him again. After Pan was done, she faced Tala. "Ms. Tala, would you help us find the temple where Indivar is? We don't know where to go." Tala scratched her ear.
"Why should I? What's in it for me?" Pan and Herro were thinking of what a giant wolf would want from them.
"I'll give you candy." Pan said holding out a small handfull of candy in front of Tala.
"And kill me? Those poisons you humans put in your mouth are dangerous for me to eat.
"Money?"
"I have no use for money."
"Capsules?"
"What are capsules?"
"My backpack?"
"No."
"This rock?" Pan asked picking up a rock from the ground.
"Don't be a fool, girl!" Tala barked.
"If you help us, you'll never me in Teigra again." Herro said flatly.
Tala was silent, seemingly in deep thought. "Alright, I help you. And if you defeat Indivar, I'll bring you two to the edge of Teigra, where you two will leave. But if I ever see you in Teigra again boy, I'll kill you." Tala proposed seriously. Herro nodded, and Pan kept switching her gaze from Tala to Herro.
'What just happened? Why did Herro promise that? And why is Tala taking it so serious?' Pan asked herself.
"Well, what are you two waiting for? Get on my back, I'll bring you two to the temple." Herro sat on Tala's back and Pan sat behind him, they were on Tala like she was a horse. Tala began to walk into the darkness, and began to move quicker every seconed. And soon enough, Pan found out she was faster than any horse. Tala was moving through the jungle, silently and fast. Hopping on the tree trunks and jumping over many branchs. They passed many old buildings, statues, and pillers, Pan thought were anchient ruins. As they ran, many creatures passed them and got out of Talas way. Pan couldn't tell what they looked like because the lack of light, but she was sure she really didn't want to know.
Hours passed, and the sun had set, bringing more darkness into the jungle. Tala began to run up a tree. Pan covered herself to protect herself from leaves and branchs. When they got to the top Pan gasped. They could see the jungle tops and its old buildings plain as day. (except for the fact, that it was night.) Trees, and temples. That's all Pan could see, Pan tried to look over Herro, and saw a large river, in the middle of green.
"You never told me the jungle had a river."
"I didn't know it did." Herro confesed.
Then Tala howled so loudly, pan and Herro had to cover there ears. Seconeds after she howled, Pan and Herro had heard more howling from a distance. Then without warning, Tala began to run again, hopping from tree top, to tree top, heading for the river.
Minutes later, Tala had jumped off of the tree, and fell towards the river. Tala landed on a boulder bigger than she was, and started to jump on one after another. Ten mintues later, they were back in the jungle. This part was much more clear of trees, and its building were more in tact. Soon they had started to run up a long stone stairway. Tala running slowed down, as she started to enter a large building.
Inside, everything was mess. Once was Pan suspected as a throne room, now lie in ruin. A tall chair in the middle at the end of the long hall, was broken in half. Paintings, and rugs were covered in dust and ripped. Tables, and other furniture, were broken and looked like many were bitten, and used as scratching posts. To the right of the room, was where a wall once stood, now was knocked down, and scorched as if a boulder of fire rammed through it.
"This place, was once a palace. And this place isn't as much detroyed as the other buildings." Tala explained. Pan and Herro got off of Tala, a little dizzy from the ride. Then they heard a low growl from behind them. Out from the shadows, wolves came out, growling. They were smaller than Tala, but were still bigger than Herro and Pan. One of them approched Tala.
"Mother, why did you bring humans here?" It asked.
"Relax. These two are our guests." Another wolf came walking up to Tala.
"Mother, the small one is..." It's voice trailled off, and it looked at Pan greedily. Pan was nervous, these wolves were the same ones that attacked her.
Herro grabbed her hand and pulled her behind him. Pan looked at Herro, and blushed a little. Herro must have known too.
"As I said before, these two are out guests. So if one of you take even a nibble out of them, I'll ground you." Tala warned. Pan tried not to laugh. Tala was these wolves mother, and since they were wolves, they probolly didn't use the word "ground" like humans did. "Grounded" probolly meant somthing more serious, because Talas pups began to whines and shiver at the word.
"Upstairs should be bed rooms. You could use those for tonite. But don't expect to be treated like royalty. This place is a palace, but it's been abondoned for years."
Pan and Herro walked up the stairs, and walked down the hall. Pan opened a door, revealing a large dusty bedroom. And across hers, was another. Pan turned and looked at Herro, and Herro did the same. They looked at eachother but didn't say anything.
"Well..." Herro started, trying to figure out what to say.
"Well..." Pan started as well.
"Uh..."
"Mmm..."
"Goodnight." They both said rather quickly, and entering there rooms.
Inside her room, Pan walked to her bed and dusted it. After the bed was clean (or clean enough) she lied down, and pressed her face against a pillow and moaned in frustration.
'Why is everything awkward with Herro now? I mean, we almost kissed, but we really didn't...' Pan stopped thinking for a moment.
"We... *almost* kissed?" She asked herself. A few seconds went by silently. Then it hit her. "WE ALMOST KISSED!!" She screamed blushing beet red. Pans mind was in red alert as her mind was racing. "Of course everything is awkward- WE ALMOST KISSED! B-but we were so close, and he just tilted his face towards mine and- WE ALMOST KISSED! It's not that I minded or anything- WE ALMOST KISSED!" Pan panted after her screaming was done, and she calmed down some. "But if Tala wasn't there... would we have kissed? Would I have kissed back?" Pan asked herself. She imagined Herro and herself kissing eachother, and blushed deeply.
Herro was in his room cleaning his bed up, when he heard Pan screaming. Herro had started to run to the door when he heard, "Blah blah blah- WE ALMOST KISSED! Blah blah blah- WE ALMOST KISSED! Blah blah blah- WE ALMOST KISSED!"
Herro stopped, blushed a little and went back into his room slaming the door.
"I wish that idiot would shut up. Why's she freaking out so much about it anyway?" Herro grumbled. Herro started to think about what had happened earlier. Everything was awkawrd now. Herro growled, and lied down on his bed. "I hope I didn't mess up..."
Herro sat on his bed thinking hard, 'Damn it, why did I do that? Pan is the most infuryating, annoying person I'd ever met. But there's somthing else there too... Her smile mkes me feel happy, and hearing her laugh almost makes me want to laugh. And I guess she... kinda cute...' Herro blushed, and stopped thinking immeaditly after he had thought that.
"Screw it." Herro lied down and pulled the covers over himself. He decied to worry about it in the morning.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------