Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Heart Is A Lonely Hunter ❯ Alone ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I own like four videos and I think their voices changed like once per video. and The Heart Is A Lonely Hunter is the title of a novel by Carson McCullers, this fic. has absolutely nothing to do with that story but I thought the title fit this story too well to pass up.

It was a cold night. There had been nothing but cold nights since he had gone. She sighed as she turned over in her too large rickety bed.

"Goku..." she whispered into the unanswered air that filled the room.

Off training.....always off training..... That seemed the only thing her beloved husband could do nowadays, she thought bitterly as she shivered under the thin material of her blanket. She couldn't remember the last time he had been tender with her. Given, her Goku had never been a romantic, but he had always treated her with a certain gentleness that would make her heart melt. Now he was.well....

She supposed he took her for granted. He would float back home every now and then looking for food and would leave as quickly as he had come as soon as he had finished eating.

Not that she minded cooking for him. On the contrary, she had loved her role as house maker for the first few years of their marriage. It was like some beautiful dream that seemed would never end, just her, Goku and then after a few years there was the addition of their little Gohan. He was her pride and joy.

But her dream world was shattered the day he went off to see his old trainer, Master Roshi. He had said it was just a reunion of the 'old gang', she believed him but decided against going herself, she was never really part of their clique. She should have remembered that whenever they all got together something happened...if only she hadn't been so naïve.

She wasn't told in so many words, but Goku as it turned was an alien and his brother had shown up to collect him. Upon her husband's refusal, the alien kidnapped Gohan and Goku went to save him. She cringed remembering the rest of the story, Gohan was saved but Goku had.died. Nothing was the same after that even after he had been wished back things weren't the same.

Gohan began training, Goku began taking Gohan to exotic places to fight and train, leaving her behind. She was left there to worry and obsess over the horrible things happening to her beloved family. She was strong, but every woman, no, every human being had their breaking points. Namek was hers; he didn't come back to her. He let her believe he was dead for all those months and then when she found out he wasn't dead, he still refused to come back. He just expected her to wait. She did. Like a dope, like some fool who still believed everything was salvageable.

Even after all this heartache she still just wanted him to love her the way she loved him. Was he too simple to realize what it was he was doing to her? Her mind said no, her heart begged for it to be true.

She sighed and turned onto her back. The ceiling danced with shadows cast by the bright moon and trees outside. She needed something...anything...just something to tell her she was still alive. Because at the moment she could be dead for all the world cared and all that she cared.

Maybe she should have explained better what marriage was to him all those years ago or at least.

She didn't know anymore, She was too tired to think and too tired to sleep. Still she shut her eyes and tried to force sleep upon herself, trying to invoke dreams of happier times.

*********************************************************** *************

"Dammit Vegeta! All you do is get in my way! Now move if you ever want this lousy gravity machine working again!" Bulma growled as she attempted, once again to fix, what many would consider the unfixable.

Vegeta sighed, too tired to argue with her for once and left the room. He was sick of her and sick of this planet but he was unsure of leaving. He knew he had lost his edge, all this earth bound living had made him soft, he wouldn't be able to survive out in space and be happy.

He looked back at the blue haired onna as she worked on the gravity machine. How he loathed her and at the same time felt bound to her. He remembered how it felt the first time they had mated, the thrill of the hunt. Their game of seduction had gone back and forth for weeks before the night he closed in and made her his. She had needed him so desperately. He was her knight in shining armor. He liked the importance he had taken in her mind.

He clenched his fists, but over a fairly short span of time; she'd changed, hardened. She didn't need him anymore. Not since that brat had come along. That's what he desired, he needed to be a savior. To be needed so passionately by someone that he ached to fulfill their desire.

Now he was simply there for the onna's convenience...or inconvenience.

So why did he stay? For Trunks? The boy would be fine...actually, better off without his influence. Sex? Partly, and the gravity machine and maybe the idea that she needed him still.

He lowered his eyes from her figure and grunted at the weakness of his last thought. The only thing that woman had ever given him was poorly colored spawn and a headache. He was lost for the first time in his life the prince of all Saiyajins was lost.

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_ +_+_+_+_+_+_+

Author's Notes: Well there's the beginning of my Vegeta/Chi-Chi fic. I can't believe I actually got it out! It took me sooo long. As a warning to all you out there and if you're not into the whole Odd couple thing well either give it a fair chance or.quit reading because this ain't no Vegeta/Bulma fic. Alrighty...I think that's it, for now.