Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Kaioshin Saga: Story 1: Silver Wishes ❯ Chapter 2: A New Fate ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Silver Wishes

Disclaimer: I do not own Dragon Ball Z or any of the Dragon Ball Z characters. They are owned by those who own them. I do, however, own the original characters (if any), and the fic all of this is in. That is all.

Chapter 2: A New Fate

Two Days Later

It had been a rough couple of days, but it wasn't something I couldn't handle. After all, with growing up with the wars and all, I was used to hiding. Used to being tucked away without much thought to what I felt. Course, that was then, and this was now. Then I had a place that felt safe. Felt like it was at home. Felt just right. Now, there was a dead, cold feeling to the place where my mother and I hid. There was barely any warmth that came from the dying torches as both of us tried to keep them burning for as long as possible. That way, I could at least see what my last hiding place would be, and where my mother was at all times. She was my last comfort on the planet, and I did not want to lose her as well.

During the last forty-eight hours, the voices that we had heard before had come back every so often, probably to see if either one of us had come out of the cave. My mother kept herself far enough back from the ramp where they could not see her, but kept close to me even though I lingered near the front of the hiding place. I had no fear of them like I had the first time around. No one that was coward enough to taunt a child and a woman was not worth the effort to be afraid of. I tried telling her that they would not come in, but mother would not listen. The way I figured it was that they knew that we were down there, and wanted to see if we would come out in plain view so that they could capture us for whatever reason that they had.

I was ready to get out of there by the time the third morning arose. I had awoken a little bit before the sun shone down the ramp, my dreams shattered by the nightmares that were plaguing my mind. It seemed like every time I closed my eyes I could see the house blowing up, the sound of whatever blew it up ringing in my ears. No matter how many times I tried to shake that image out of my mind, I couldn't do so. It was becoming more impossible to remember what a dream actually was as nightmares racked my sleep. It was going to the point where I didn't want to go to sleep anymore, but mother kept ordering me to do so before I became too tired to do anything else.

I looked over at her as she continued to sleep under the light blanket near the back of the cave, her chest moving up and down with every breath that she took as she kept her head on the pillow. She had spent the last twelve hours under the blanket, refusing to come out from underneath it unless she had to do her business. We managed to find moments to rush out of the cave every so often to do what we had to do, being quick about it without being caught. There were moments when one of us almost didn't make it back into the hideout before sounds of the wars around us came back. It was those moments that left a feeling of fear course through my veins before that disappeared with the passing wind.

I sighed, throwing my own blanket off of my body as I stood up, the tiredness of having not a lot of sleep slowly sinking in. My gaze moved towards the ramp, the sunlight barely seeping onto the rock from the hole that lead up above. It was becoming harder and harder, as the moments ticked by, to keep myself from walking up that very ramp, and walk out into the open air. I was ready to leave the confines of yet another hiding space, feeling cramped like a caged animal. I wasn't supposed to be hiding from something that I knew would eventually catch up with me. Why not face whatever was waiting for me above the ground rather then hide beneath it? It was a concept that I had enough thought over for the last few moments, and I made up my mind at that moment. I wasn't going to wait forever for the wars to end. I had enough with hiding, and it was time that I let myself be free.

I took in a deep breath, my mind attempting to calm what little fear there was left in my body. I had to admit that I was somewhat afraid of what was going to happen to me as I started to walk towards the ramp, my bare feet moving along the cold rock. I knew I was about to go into the world above me, alone and without any protection from anything. It really didn't matter anyways as my stride quicken along with my pulse, my eyes dead set on the freedom I was about to touch. As I got to the ramp, I heard a low moan coming from the place where my mother was still asleep. I stopped just as I was about to ascend up, my head turning towards where she was. Mother's body began to stir slightly, her eyes fluttering for a moment before her body became still once again. That's when my hands started to shake and my eyes went wide, my thoughts questioning what I was about to do. Was I really sure as to what I was doing? Did I want to do this and hurt my mother like so?

Those questions went out of my mind as I shook my head, turning my gaze back up towards the glistening sunlight. I set my lips into a line, my face into a determined expression, and ordered my legs to start moving along the ramp, but I couldn't stop my hands from shaking. It didn't matter anyways, the rays of the sun slowly falling onto me as I continued my journey up, awaiting for the moment of pure freedom. And that moment came as I felt the full force of the sun hitting upon me as I stepped out of the cave and into the warmth of the air that swirled around like a current of water. I smiled at this, tilting my head up towards the sky, closing my eyes to get the full effect of this feeling. I even allowed a small smile to come upon my lips to show how this moment made me feel.

The freedom didn't last long as I felt a pair of hands rip me from the moment, and pull me upwards. Snapping my eyes open, I began to struggle in the grasp, kicking and flailing my arms before I felt something sharp being pressed against my neck. I let out a small gasp, my body becoming calm as fear came into my eyes as I turned my gaze back towards the one that was holding me. It was a man, of course, with a white scar going across one eye, and a pissed off look on his face. He was wearing just plain peasant clothes instead of the uniforms of the soldiers that fought in the wars, but he had a scent to him that made me wonder who or what he was. And he didn't look like of the same species that I was or that I had seen from the windows of my home many times before.

"If you stay still, kid, then I won't harm ya," He growled into my ear, pushing the sharp object that he held at my neck a little bit closer to into my skin. "Maybe we'll even spare whoever else is in the cave. It all depends on how you act."

"Please, don't hurt my mom," I wailed, sniffing. "We didn't do anything wrong."

"You did something wrong alright," He hissed. I felt him move his neck just a bit before saying something in a language that I could not understand nor did I want to. I then heard the pounding of feet coming towards me as another skidded to a halt next to the one that held me.

"Yes sir?" The other asked, saluting him.

"Check the cave. There is another that is there. And make sure you don't kill this one, okay? Let me do that if need be."

"NOOO!" I screamed out, trying to wiggle my way out of his grasp, hoping that my neck wouldn't be cut in the process. I didn't care. If anything should happen to my mother......

"Kid, stay still. We won't kill you if you corporate with us." Those words were hissed into my ear, the hotness of his breath grazing my ear. Despite the warmness to it, I felt a cold feeling wash over me as I shuddered. I just wanted to be put down, and be safe again, like I was before I had to leave the home that I had lived in for the last few years of my life.

There was nothing that I could do about it as the same pair of footsteps stomped down the ramp that lead down into the cave that my mother slept. Maybe she would be alright if I just stayed calm, but that would be a feat all in it's own. I couldn't stand the thought of someone hurting someone else just because of something that they didn't do. We were both innocent, guilty of only wanting something better in our lives, and that was freedom. Freedom from the wars. Freedom from the killing, the slaying, and the endless bombardment of fire power that was just outside our walls. Why couldn't we have it? It was so simple that probably even the most cold hearted soul would be able to give even a fraction of freedom to anyone who asked.

A scream from downstairs made me wiggle even more, and my captor seemed to become even more impatient with me. He hissed something else into my ear, but I didn't understand what it was. For all I knew, he could have been telling me he was about to kill me or that he was going to do something else that would probably be ten times worse then death. I just didn't care what he did to me as long as my mother was spared for the rest of her life.

A few moments later, the figure of my mother appeared, her face tear stained and fearful as the other stranger followed closely behind her. Once she saw the position I was in, she immodestly started crying, her eyes wide with hatred and fear.

"Let him go. He's just a kid," She sobbed, dropping to her knees as the other creature smirked. He pulled her up by the hair, yanking her to her feet as she cried out in pain. My own tears started to trickle down as I stopped wiggling in a attempt to make them stop hurting her.

"Please, don't hurt her. I'll do anything you want me to do!" I shrieked out as I felt the pointed tip of the sharp object move from my neck. I was softly placed onto the ground, but held tightly by the back of my tattered shirt as my mother was pushed towards me. I reached out to touch her, but she was pulled far enough away from me to keep me from the slightest touch of her fingers yet close enough so that I could see the rivers of tears that flowed from the base of her eyes.

"Kibito, my child. Don't worry about me. I want you to live, and not be on this hell forsaken planet," My mother whispered, turning her head around so that I wouldn't be able to stare at her pain. "You need to live. Find some way to leave this place, and never return."

"Mommy......." I sobbed, now pushing both of my arms out to her in a vain attempt to touch her arms. I wanted her to hold me close to her like she had every time I had a nightmare. I wanted to be safe in her arms, and never be let go.

"He won't be living much longer. You know what the penalty is for leaving a restricted area?" The creature that held me demanded, nodding over to his partner as he brandished out a blade from a sheath that laid upon his back. He then forced my mother to kneel back upon the ground, her head not turning one bit. I didn't want to see the face of my captor for I knew it was a wicked and evil one. "Killing you should be easy. Do it."

I screamed out in horror as the other raised the sharp blade in the air, a smirk coming upon his lips. As he swiftly moved it down towards her neck, a single fireball zoomed past me and my captor, coming within millimeters of the blade. This caused the creature to miss my mother's neck, instead barely grazing the top of her head. The blow wasn't enough to kill her, but it was strong enough to bring about blood from her head. In the confusion of the moment, I managed to free myself from the one that was holding me, running straight to my mother. She held me the best way that she could, placing her check upon the top of her head as she sobbed. She held me like that for a few moments as the smoke cleared, then she raised her head to see who had saved her from certain death. I turned my upper body around so that I could look as well, my curiosity getting the better of me.

"What the hell was that?" Both cried out as they turned their attention behind the creature that had been holding me. Standing there was a man, his left hand extended towards us. He wore the clothing of a species that I had never seen before, his light purple skin glowing in the sunlight. He stood about a foot shorter then the other two men, his light hair cut in a mowhawk fashion, and a pissed off look on his face.

"Let them go," He said in a deep voice, his ebony eyes staring straight ahead as he lowered his arm down to his side.

"What are you? Some kind of freak?" One asked, chuckling to himself.

"Who or what I am does not concern you, however I can say that I rather have peace in my own quadrant rather then seeing two grown men bulling a child and his mother."

"Damn you. If you haven't noticed already, we're in the middle of an very important matter," The other calmly stated, but I could tell he was trying to hold in his anger the best way he could. "Now leave so that we can get back to what we were doing before."

"Very well then. I can see that I'll have to take this to my level." In that instant, the new stranger vanished from the spot where he once stood. Gasps went around as both creatures turned around, looking for the one that disturb them. Just as quickly as he had disappeared, the stranger re-appeared, right in front of my mother and myself. I stared up at him, my eyes wide.

"Don't hurt us!" I sniffed, burrowing my head into my mother's shoulder. I felt her hands move off of me as my body was lifted from her as I tried desperately to hold onto her. I was too weak to do so as my hands slipped from her body, and I was taken from her yet again. "Put me back! I don't want to leave her!"

"Kibito, go with him. I now understand completely," She said meekly, her face going soft as I was pressed against the stranger's chest. She seemed to be smiling at the one that held me, but I couldn't be sure as I felt my body being lift from the ground. I didn't care if she wanted me to go with a complete stranger; I wanted her to be with me.

"Damnit, the kid stays or the mother gets it!" A angry shout from below ordered the stranger. I felt as if I was going to be sick when those words were screamed from below, my eyes tearing up even more.

"Take me back! Don't let them kill her!" I shouted as I started to kick my way free, my small body trying to wiggle my way out of the grasp of my new captor.

"She knows she wouldn't be able to survive even if I saved her. I've told her already that I can only save certain ones from the planet. I'm sorry," He whispered to me, as he stopped, and hovered over the site where my mother still kneeled down, her eyes full of sadness. "Take one last look at her before I take you to my home."

What happened next would haunt me for the rest of my life, and make me hate the last command I was given then. Just as I moved my eyes to meet my mothers, the blade that the strange man held in his hands came down upon her neck, severing her head from her body. I choked at that moment, my screams never reaching her ears as my head was pulled away at the last minute. Everything seemed to be going in slow motion then, my sobs racking my body as I tried desperately not to throw up upon the stranger. I wanted to die at that moment, the last remaining person in my life had died in front of my eyes, and I couldn't do a damn thing about it.

"Damn you for not letting me take his mother with me," I heard him growl under his breath as he held me closer then before. Then, in an instant, we vanished in the air, leaving the planet for the first time and possibly not the last.

****

It probably hadn't been more then a couple of seconds when we had left my planet though it had to seemed longer then that. As soon as my new surroundings came into view, I didn't bother looking around at the new sights. Instead, I started cry and scream at the one who had taken me away from my mother, the last person alive who I had. Now she was gone, killed in front of my eyes like she had been nothing. Now I wanted to go and destroy the ones that took her away from me.

"Don't cry, little one. You'll be safe here," The stranger whispered, stroking my hair gently. "No harm will come to you now."

"No! You let her die! How could you?" I screamed out, hitting on him as hard as I could, but the pain I felt for losing her was too great, and overcame my small body. My arms flailed around for a moment before I became totally still as I buried my head into his shoulder. I cried then, sobbing for what had happened, angry for what had been taken away from me, and hurt that I had to see it being taken away. "I want her back! She's the only thing I had left!"

"I know, I know. But I couldn't take her with me. It was impossible for me to do so."

"Then kill me. I don't want to live anymore."

"Harsh words coming from a child," He said harshly as I raised my head up to see his face. He had a soft smile on his lips as well as a soothing expression on his face. I felt more calm then I had ever been before, and I felt scared about that feeling. I didn't want to feel like that. Not at all. "But I can't tell you what to say or how to feel. You need to do so."

"Where are we?" I asked, wiping a tear from my cheeks.

"We are at my home planet, Kaiooshin-Kai, which is far away from any other planet. In fact, there are a few that even know it exists."

"Why is that?"

"You'll see in time. I sense something even greater in you then I did when I saved the others."

"The others?" I felt a hopeful twinge growing inside of me, hoping that he had saved at least one of my brothers or my sister.

"Yes. I've saved many across your planet in the last couple of days, and many of them have already found new homes among the stars." He noticed my wide, hopeful eyes, and his smile faded when he did. "I'm sorry, but you're the only one I could save from your village. I couldn't save anyone else because I came too late."

The answer didn't seem to affect me as much as it should have as I rested my head upon his shoulder once again, the hope leaving my heart and soul. There was a knot that formed at the pit of my stomach that started to grow, and form into a dead feeling inside of me. Everything was taken away from me execpt for my own life, and I wanted to get rid of that like anything. I felt sick at that moment, and tried to keep it down for the most part, but I felt like I couldn't much longer.

"I don't feel so good," I muttered, sniffing.

"Okay. I'll take you back to my palace so you can rest," I heard him say as I closed my eyes tightly. The wind around me started to flow at my back, and I figured he had started to fly once again.

Wherever he was taking me, I was just glad that I was safe for the moment.

To Be Continued......