Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Kaioshin Saga: Story 1: Silver Wishes ❯ Chapter 3: Meeting a God ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Silver Wishes

Disclaimer: I do not own Dragon Ball Z or any of the Dragon Ball Z characters. They are owned by those who own them. I do, however, own the original characters (if any), and the fic all of this is in. That is all.

Author's Note: Okay, I wasn't so clear on the last part. First, this fic takes place before Shin (or whatever else you want to call him) is even born so the East Kaioshin in this fic isn't him. Secondly, this is a prequel to A Truth Untold (it's already up on FF.N...check it out), but it won't interfere with the plot of it. It will, however, clear up something someone asked me about it when I was writing it, so that will help that. That's all for right now, so enjoy this chappy.

Chapter Three: Meeting a God

I felt the wind whip across my face as I attempted to keep my eyes open against the wind which was harder said then done. I had never known any one that could fly like this, and possibly never thought that person was the one that took me from my home. It wasn't like I had a home to go to or a family that would be waiting there for me. No; I was all alone now, my mother's death leaving a deep hole in my body that would possibly never go away. I didn't want the pain to be there nor did I even want to be there. I just wanted to crawl up into a hole, and die there. Maybe no one would notice that I was gone.

I wondered exactly where this person was taking me. I had looked down plenty of times during the course of the trip, and saw nothing but wilderness underneath me. It was possible that this planet was probably isolated, and very under populated if that much. Or just so remote that no one would ever find it; or could find it for that matter. I wouldn't have known since I hadn't gotten much of a education about the universe when I was on my planet because of the wars. I had been taught things here and there from my family, like how to survive, but that was little and scarce. It didn't matter to me anyways since I'd probably never would use it in my life anyways.

"You are awfully quiet for a child your age despite the fact that you must have been through hell in the last week or so," The stranger told me as I held my arms around his neck while he held a single arm around my waist.

"You would be too if you lived on a planet that had wars raging outside of your house every day of your life," I muttered, keeping my eyes straight forward as best as I could.

"Do you know how long the wars were going on?"

"Though you knew it since you probably know more about my planet then I do, and I have been living on my planet for my whole life."

"Not really. I've only been keeping an eye on it for the last few years." The stranger glanced down at me before turning his gaze back up to see where he was going. "Your planet has been in war for a long time, and it had only been isolated to the species that is on your planet. Just a few months ago, however, there was a new kind of species that entered; by will, mind you. They weren't directly involved, but had some of their own troops in there."

"What do you mean? If they weren't directly involved, then what?"

"You could say that these troops were possessed."

"Possessed? By ghosts, you mean, right?"

"No, by powerful wizards called Majins. These creatures may be small and frail, but don't let their size let you think otherwise. One alone has enough power to possess many people by their magic."

I shuddered at the thought of having someone possess my body and mind. It would probably be a experience that would haunt me for the rest of my life, but I already had things that wouldn't leave me anyways. Perhaps being posses wouldn't be such a bad thing after all. Maybe it would take some of my memories away, and some of the pain.

"Don't worry, though. I doubt you'll ever encounter one of those in your lifetime, kid. If you do, just try to get away as fast as you can before they can do any harm to you." He looked down at me again, this time a little bit longer. "So, getting off the subject of wars and such, I can't call you 'kid' the whole time you are on the planet. What's your name?"

"What does it matter to you? You'll just kill me when we get to wherever you are taking me to," I snapped, my eyes now staring at the stranger's face.

"Kill you? HA! Kid, if I wanted you dead, I would have left you on the planet to die."

"But, how do I....."

"Listen, I don't kill children. It's not in my nature to do so. Besides, I wouldn't be on this planet nor would I hold the position I have now if I was a killer."

"Kibito. My name is Kibito," I replied hastily, narrowing my eyes at him. I still didn't trust him at all, and telling my name was something I might regret later in time. "And, if you want to know more, I'm eight years old. Are you happy now?"

"See? That wasn't so hard, was it?"

"I'd like to know who you are, though. I can't be talking to someone whom I don't even know the name of."

"I'm the East Kaioshin."

"So, what do I call you then? Sir Kaioshin or something like that?"

"No, no. East would do just fine," He laughed with a twinkle in his eyes. "There's five of us Kaioshin, and it would be kind of confusing around four of us."

"Huh?" I asked, blinking my eyes. I didn't quite understand what he was telling me. Then again, I didn't understand what was going on anyways. That is, until he explained more to me.

"I see that you do not understand, young Kibito," He chuckled, "and a lot of people would not or don't. Actually, I should say the whole universe doesn't know."

"Why is that?"

"Well, it's hard to explain, really, and I don't know if I should tell you as the Kaioshins are more or less a kept secret." He then stared straight ahead, his face becoming serious. His lips then moved into a thin line, and I could tell he was trying to decide whether or not to tell me his secrets. I didn't want to press the matter any more by asking the East Kaioshin more questions. I wanted to know the answers to my questions, but was afraid to ask them. I had always been silenced whenever I had asked too many questions before, and this was probably one of those times that I might be silenced or suffer a worse fate at that even.

I didn't even know if this guy was telling the truth about who he was. Hell, I didn't know what a Kaioshin was. I had never heard of one until the stranger explained more, which he seemed hesitant to do so. There seemed a lot of uncertainty about him, and why he did pluck me from my home planet. Or, what was left of it by now. Maybe, I thought to myself, he as to keep it a secret. Maybe because it will endanger his life he does tell me.

"Do you really want to know, kid?" He asked suddenly, not faltering his gaze from the horizon in front of him. A part of me wanted to knew the truth about him; then again, a part of me didn't. What should I tell him?

"I.....I....." I stammered as I looked down at the ground, trying to hide my confusion.

"I understand if you don't want to ask any questions. I sense that you are trouble from the events that have lead up to this day. However, if you want information, then you must as the right questions, and answer the ones that are given to you."

"Yes....I do want to know what these.....creatures are...." I managed to choke out before I sniffed. I gulped down, hoping that I wouldn't get smacked or worse from the stranger that was carrying me.

"Okay, then. Hold on tight. I'll take you to someone that would explain a lot more then what I can."

****

For the remainder of the trip, both the East Kaioshin and I were quiet, each deep in our own thoughts. I managed to hold back any emotions that ran through me, biting my lower lip every time that I had the urge to cry out for my mother. It wasn't my place to say anything or show any kind of weakness that was inside of me for I didn't know how he would react to such a thing. For most of my life, I've seen more things then most other's wouldn't see in their worst nightmares, and I had to suppress most of my emotions because I had no one to turn to besides my family. Even then I was sometimes shrugged off because no one had the time to listen to what I had to say. It was those times that I learned how to suppress any emotions, and send them away to a place where they would sometimes escape, and return to me when I really didn't want them at the moment.

I didn't know what was going to happen when we got to where we were going, but I felt like I had spent all night awake and alert. I could barely remember what had happened last night through the blur of plain that shielded my vision. It was even harder to concentrate on the strangers face, and that was almost right in front of mine. Perhaps it was pain, sorrow, and tiredness all mixed together that was making my eyes heavy. Perhaps it was just the pain that hindered my sight. I didn't know anything anymore. Everything was happening so fast that I couldn't tell what was the truth or what was right anymore.

"We're here," The East Kaioshin said blandly, pointing straight forwards with his free hand. I tilted and turned my head to a point where I could be comfortable and see what was ahead of us. From the vantage point that I could see, a mansion-like castle loomed in front of us as the Kaioshin started his descent towards the plush green grass. It stood taller then anything that I had ever seen before, the outside of it looking like it was made from a mixture of marble and stone. It was even bigger when he landed, and placed me upon the soft ground. It was then I was able to turn my whole body around to get the full picture of the palace that stood before us.

"Is that where you live?" I burst out, my eyes half way wide.

"No, no. I don't live there, but I wished I did," He chuckled, placing a hand upon my shoulder. "I live in something a little bit smaller then this, but just as roomy."

"Well, who does live in it?"

"The highest deity that you will ever meet so be polite when you meet him. He may be nice and kind, but there's always two sides to everything."

"I've found that out the hard way," I grumbled as I was pushed forwards. As I moved towards the mansion, I glared up at him as he walked straight behind me. "You didn't have to do that."

"Well, he doesn't like to be kept waiting at times. He's a busy person. After all, he does have all of us plus the universe to look after."

"And why are we going to see him?"

"Everyone that I have taken from your planet needs to go see him. I've, ah, been a little too open with them. That's why I'm hesitant to tell you any more then what you already know, and I think I've told you quite enough already."

"Whatever," I muttered as I was swiftly lead under the archway that lead inside of the palace, my heart racing like anything. Questions stirred in my mind as I wondered what would happen to me after this. Would I be sent to another planet away from this one? Will I be alone? What will this deity person do to me? I didn't want to find out these answers to the questions, and I didn't want ask anything. Perhaps everything would get answered at a later date, but as of now, I was too nervous to do anything.

As soon as we passed through the entrance to the palace, my eyes went wider then ever before. The floor consisted of marble tiles that shone like the sun above. Pillars held up the ceiling above us, which was also made of marble. A set of marble stairs lead up to the next level, and a single person stood at the bottom of the stairs. He was kind of heavy set, his eyes half way closed with his hands placed behind his back. He gave a half smile to the East Kaioshin behind me before moving his gaze down towards me.

"Is this the boy that you went after today?" He said in a half plain, half worried tone as soon as the two of us stopped in front of him.

"Yes, sir. He is the one," The stranger behind me replied, moving his hand off of my shoulder. Then, in a low voice, he muttered, " Are you sure you want to send this one off planet? I mean, he's had a harder time then the rest of them."

"I don't care what he has been through. We can't allow anyone to know that this planet exist much less anyone know who we are," The other pushed, raising his gaze back up to the other.

"I know that, but I think he should stay for a few days. Just let him rest from the hell he has been through."

"Well, I......"

"Um, excuse me?" I interrupted, shrinking back some as the other put his gaze back upon me. "I...I...don't want to be a bother to anyone here, so you can send me to wherever you want to. I.....I won't tell anyone that this planet exist or who you are. I promise. I'll just be by myself mostly. No one will even notice that I am there."

"You don't think too positive, do you?" The new stranger asked, knelling down in front of me with a frown.

"No, sir, I don't. I haven't had too much positive stuff in my life to do so."

"Well, you are going to have to be a little bit more positive if you are going to survive in this universe."

"Why should I have to survive when the universe doesn't want me alive anyways?"

"Little one," The other started, placing a hand upon my shoulder, but a second later he jerked it off with a weird look on his face. He got up from the kneeling position, and glanced up at the East Kaioshin. "Who is this boy?"

"His name is Kibito, and he is eight years old. That's all I know from him so far, and from watching him in the last week or so, I'd say he'd had a pretty rough time."

"Perhaps you are right." The other looked down at me as I took a step back. I didn't like the look that was on his face nor did I like the way he had gotten up so quickly. Was there something wrong with me for him to do such at thing?

"Right about what, sir?"

"We should keep him here for a couple of days. Perhaps you could teach him a few things, ne?"

I felt a tingling feeling inside of me that started to grow. At that moment, I had to smile at that point, the tingling feeling going away, and a happy feeling taking it's place. I didn't know why I was happy all of a sudden, but it probably had to do with the fact that I at least had a place to be for a couple of days before they sent me to some other forsaken planet. Or maybe they would let me stay indefinitely. I wouldn't get in the way of things. They probably wouldn't know I was even there.

"Are you sure you want to do that?" I heard the East Kaioshin asked, sounding just as surprised as I was.

"Yes, I do."

Both fell silent for several moments, their eyes locking into each others. I looked back at the other Kaioshin then back forwards as I noticed both Kaioshin's had a set expression on their faces. I didn't know what they were doing, but when the East Kaioshin grabbed me by the arm, I was startled by that.

"Now we are going back to my palace where you will be staying for a couple of days," He told me he bowed down to the other, instructing me with his hand to do the same. I complied, and bowed down. I tried to hide the rest of my smile, but it was kinda hard to do so as I straightened my back and turned around. I followed the Kaioshin out of the same entrance we had come through, my eyes shinning happily.

To Be Continued......

Author's Note II: I know this chapter is short, but please bare with me. I do have idea's for this fic, but it's all coming together slowly. Everything shall be finished eventually. I promise. ^_^;