Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Kaioshin Saga: Story 1: Silver Wishes ❯ Epilogue: A New Beginning ( Epilogue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Silver Wishes

Disclaimer: I do not own Dragon Ball Z or any of the Dragon Ball Z characters. They are owned by those who own them. I do, however, own the original characters (if any) and the fic all of this is in. That is all.

Author's Note: If you are wondering (if you aren't, that's fine too :P) if there should be a 12th chapter to this fic so that it could explain a few things, then you are correct in assuming that there should be (if you aren't, skip the rest of this Author's Note and read the rest of this part then). However, if you take a closer look at two of the earlier chapters, you will notice how short they are compared to the rest of the other chapters (which are usually between 5 and 9 pages a piece at a 10- to 11-point font without being put into .html format. Or, as a few have pointed out to me, there isn't really anything really going on in them). When I wrote those chapters, it was during the period of time that I had stopped writing this fic and when I had started it up again. Even so, a 12th chapter isn't really needed since it would be too short to actually put up on the various sites that I have this fic on. In any case, read the ending and enjoy!

Epilogue: The New Beginning

Six Years Later

The years had gone by swiftly like the wind, going along with the endless flow of Time itself. The universe had changed little in the mortals, that dwelled in the Lower Realms, eyes but there were noticeable changes to those that had always watched over the planets that stretches across the dark abyss of space. Several planets themselves had been destroyed, either by natural causes or by some other force, as new planets were created in their place. Powers came and went like the passing of a long life, withering away until there was nothing before new and great powers came into being. Little was done about it since many were of no concern to those that were the guardians of the vast void. Very little else had changed in the deepness that was the universe; at least, from what little the Lower Realms knew of.

I knew what was going on even if I wasn't a Kaioshin; a God that was of the highest order of beings that oversaw the universe as a while and knew just about everything that went on in their realm and beyond. I had served one for many years, from the child of eight years to what it seemed like the present moment. I wasn't as old as many people would assume that I was; in the basic universe years I would probably be around the age of thirty, give or take a year or two. If I had lived anywhere else in the universe other then the sacred orb of Kaioshin-Kai, I would have probably been a mere memory in someone else's mind. Millions of years had probably passed since I had left my home that was a remote, uncharted planet, yet it somehow didn't feel that long at all.

I supposed my aging process had slowed down on Kaioshin-Kai many years ago when I was surprised at how fast everything else had changed without me aging more then the twenty-two years that I had lived on the planet that was supposed to be the center of the universe. None of the Kaioshins, including the Dai Kaioshin himself, could explain it to me properly without having to drop the subject in order to think about it further. Even then, they still could not come up with a correct answer to my question that I had asked so many years ago. I had almost forgotten about that until six years ago in which everything changed. Six years that had passes since I knew he was gone and even then there wasn't anything that I could do about it.

It had happened so suddenly that I hadn't had any time to prepare for it mentally, physically, or emotionally. I knew I was supposed to protect him at all costs, ,but what happens when the bodyguard fails his charge? Allows something to kill him? What then? Does he kill himself in order to make things right? I had tried that several times, reliving the days that I had wanted to die quickly as a child, yet none of the remaining four Kaioshin would let me do that. The West said that she had spent too many sleepless nights in the past and in the future, counseling me in order for myself to fall asleep. The North disputed that he spent too many fishing trips to show that life was fun and something not to be missed. The South assured me that death wasn't an option to someone that still needed to learn things about life itself. And the Dai; the one person that oversaw everything in the universe and was the highest known deity to live at the present time. He broke down and cried at my feet, stuttering that if only he allowed the East to have this one pleasure without much thought that he would still be alive. The Dai allowed me to stay upon Kaioshin-Kai until there was a new Kaioshin in the East for me to protect. Until then, I was alone.

I can't remember all the details surrounding the Kaioshin's death, but there was one thing that I did know that the other's overlooked so many times. That one thing that kept me going was that I had a feeling that he was still alive somewhere out there and that everything was going okay for him. He had disappeared one night without me knowing or alarms going off in my head, but I knew where he had gone, and I didn't care. I dropped my feelings for him even after I confessed to the love-felt strings that were thrown at him but he had not known about until then. Instead of at least accepting the fact that someone else was going after his heart, he burnt the strings that were attached to my heart without much thought. After that, any emotions that I had felt towards anyone else were neutral with the thought of getting hurt again the one thought that I didn't want to have to think about ever again.

Now, as I stood in the inner circle of people half my size with a cloak overtop my garments and a hood covering my face to shield all those that were around from who I really was, I watched helplessly as a small creature kicked what was left of a body. I knew what the small creature was: A Majin. A Majin that I loathed and feared at the same time. Loathed because I knew what the destructive power of the wizards could do to innocent people; feared them because of that certain power that only a few could withstand. As for which Majin it was, I couldn't tell at the distance that I was at, but there was something that I didn't like about this situation. And that something was about to happen in the middle of all of this.

"Very well then. If you would like to challenge me," The Majin answered to words that I had not heard as a small child stepped forwards, getting into a fighting stance so that she would be able to fight him. My eyes darted from the child to the Majin, thoughts raging in my head as I attempted to step forwards in order to stop the child from doing what too many had already lost their lives over, yet was pushed back by another.

"Are you crazy? Do you know what that thing is?" The stranger hissed towards my ear as he held onto my arm so that I would not be able to go forwards. My eyes moved towards him, keeping the edges of my sight directed towards the creature in the center as he started to chant something under his breath. The one that had held onto me started to move out of the way, screams of terror washing over me as they reached my ears. Just as the child's body started to convulse with he spell of the Majin, a young boy of similar age reached out to pull the girl away. I did not think nor know what I was doing as I rushed over towards him, pulling the boy away from her seconds before his eyes rolled up into the back of his head and became limp in my arms. Then everything became eerily quiet.

My first thought after that was to drop the child where I was standing, but my eyes darted up to the girl, who was now lying on the ground in a heap in stillness before my hidden eyes moved up towards the Majin. He at the sight of two, perhaps three if the boy had been caught in his path, dead people as his gaze fell upon me. At that moment, just as I pulled the boy into my arms more, I felt dizzy to a point where I thought I was going to faint myself. Yet, I held my ground firmly without dropping the boy down onto the ground. I could feel the creature move into my mind, probing for anything that it might use in order to make me his puppet or even worse. Then, just as easily as he had come into my thoughts, he left as the world around me came to a slow halt.

"I know who you are," The Majin hissed, narrowing his eyes as he stared intently at me. "An assistant to a dead Kaioshin." He then kicked the body next to him gleefully. "Well, take a good look at what was once that certain Kaioshin."

My eyes moved quickly towards the one that was lying there, motionless and dead. I didn't move an inch to see if it was true nor did I falter in my stance as I turned my gaze away, unable to believe words of a wizard puppet master. No it is not, I thought to myself, knowing full well that the Majin would be able to read my thoughts no matter what I did to prevent it. The Kaioshin may have vanished from Kaioshin-Kai, but he is not dead. Not now.

"Your thoughts betray you," He mused in a thoughtful manor as he stared towards the body of girl that he had killed with one chant. "As does your actions that I would figure you would take. I would never suspect that someone would willing go up against the things that he hated the most in order to save the ones that he despised."

"What things? I hate nothing," I countered forcefully.

"I've read the dying bastard's thoughts. I know what he was thinking. Do you know what his last thought was before I took his final breath?"

"I don't care or do I plan to. I do not know who this person is as I have never seen him before." I turned around with those words, ready to leave with the boy in my arms before the Majin's voice stopped me.

"Even though you do not care, I will tell you anyways. He thought of the bodyguard who's love he had betrayed six years ago."

I stopped before I could transport myself and the boy back to the scared planet of the Kaioshin, unable to believe what I had just heard. I felt like gasping out, yet I remained poised as I always had been, ever thankful that the hood was covering my face. The feeling of crying washed over me as I bowed my head down towards the boy that was now sleeping peacefully in my arms. Is what that damned creature really saying the truth? It can't be. Majins are known to lie to get what they want, I thought bitterly to myself, ignoring the feeling of my mind being probed from the only other creature that was there. And, yet, no one but the East Kaioshin himself knows of what I felt towards him.

"I don't appreciate being called a damned creature as you are to blood shed," The Majin growled, his hissing voice ringing in my ears. "Even though we Majins are prone to lying at certain points in order to get what we want, you can search the poor thing's mind yourself. You will know then for yourself."

"No, I rather not," I answered, turning my head towards the Majin. "I am surprised that you haven't killed me yet."

"You have nothing to live for. I can tell that by the way you speak. I will get to you and the boy in time. Certain things must be done in order to do things later," He stated without much thought to his words. "However, I do want the boy for my purposes. Give him to me. He is not your concern anymore."

"What does a Majin such as yourself want with a boy that can do no harm?" I asked lightly, remembering the trouble that the East Kaioshin had gone through to protect me from the Majins that had wanted to take me away so long ago.

"That boy can't live! I will not allow it!"

"Then that gives me all the reason to take him myself," I said with what little bravery I had left in me. I turned by head forwards, ready to move off the planet so that I would never have to step on it again.

"No! I, Bibidi, will not let the order become complete again!" The Majin screamed out just before I felt my body moving out of existence, towards the place that I now called home.

****

"Who is this child?"

"Why did you bring him here?"

"What made you go there?"

Those questions and more were being thrown at me at a fast rate by the West, North, and South Kaioshins as I walked into the Dai Kaioshin's palace, the boy still in my arms and my hood down. I hadn't been back upon Kaioshin-Kai for more then two minutes when three of the four remaining highest deities known came rushing at me from all sides with questions that I didn't know how to answer. At least, not in a way that they wanted me to answer. I didn't care what they wanted to know or how they asked it as I had other plans for the child that I knew I should have left there but didn't.

I sighed as I stopped at the foot of the stairs that lead up to the rest of the palace, the Dai Kaioshin already waiting for me there. He stared at my face for several minutes, trying to read my facial expressions without dabbing into my mind before his eyes moved down to the child that was in my arms. The three Kaioshins behind me stopped their constant questioning as the Dai leaned towards the boy with an expression of wonder that I knew all too well.

"This boy," The Dai started before he looked up at me with the same look, "will probably end up like his father. Don't know yet until he grows up."

"I knew you were going to say that, sir," I replied dully. "He's gone."

"I know. I knew six years ago that he was lost forever, mostly in part of his own stupidity as well as mine."

"What is going on here?" The South Kaioshin demanded, looking solely upon the Kaioshin that stood before me.

"This is the boy that the East created. He is now heir to the Quadrant," The Dai answered, his wonder leaving his face. "And the girl? Where is she?"

"She is also gone," I told him, wanting desperately to show the sadness that was being held in my throat, but held it back from them. I knew how this child would feel as soon as he found out that his sister and mother were dead. My own family had been killed without much thought to it and that made feel empty inside once again. Not because of what had happened but that it happened to another child. "The Majin?"

"Majin?" The North asked in an almost demanding way.

"Not again," The West groaned, her shoulder's slumping. "What happened?"

I turned my head towards her, proceeding to explain to her and to everyone else how exactly everything came to be, but the Dai Kaioshin help up a hand to silence me. I glanced back at him, my own wonder coming upon my face.

"No. Not here. Take the boy to the East Palace. There he will recover from this shock before he is introduced to Kaioshin-Kai," He answered, nodding to me. "He will be trained as the East Kaioshin. Kibito?"

"Yes, sir?" I asked, a little afraid of what he was going to say or ask.

"Will you train him?"

"Yes, I can. I can also look for a bodyguard for him as well."

"Very well then. Make sure both are done before....." The Dai started before the West Kaioshin started laughing hysterically. All eyes turned towards her as she giggled insanely. "What is so funny?"

"Kibito is," She mused, her laughter subsiding slowly as she wiped a laughter tear from the base of her eye. "Does he really think that he has to go all over the universe to try to find a new bodyguard when he is standing right there?"

"I can't take the position," I snapped, shaking my head. "I know that it was offered to me before, but I just can't take it."

"And why not?" The only female Kaioshin demanded, putting her hands upon her hips. "You know how long it takes to train a bodyguard. You went through with it yourself. You are already trained to protect someone, so why not take it?"

"But, I can't. Once a new Kaioshin comes into power, he or she must have a new bodyguard."

"And where exactly does that rule exist? I may not remember all of them, but I know for certain that one doesn't exist," The Dai wondered, looking thoughtful. My eyes turned towards him with interest, a little surprised at that question. "She is right, you know. It would take some time to train someone new. Time that I don't think should be taken. Not while there might be a Majin problem like this one or would make you to have to take time away from training him. So, will you take it?"

"Sir, I...." I started, looking down at the boy. Did I want to do this? Did everything that I hate lay sleeping in my arms? I felt calm when the boy's innocent face looked at me in it's slumber stat that even I surprised myself with my next words. "....will take it, I suppose. But don't expect anything."

Cheers from the three Kaioshin's came from behind me as a defeated look came onto my face. The Dai nodded his approval, a small smile coming upon his lips. I knew that this was a decision that I made on myself, but at what cost? I knew I should have a life outside serving Kaioshins, but was it a life that I wanted? More importantly, was it a life that other's wanted? I felt so comfortable on Kaioshin-Kai that I really didn't want to leave it. Not now, at least.

"Do you know what hell you are going to put me through once you wake?" I asked the sleeping child hours later once I had left the Dai's palace after going through some details on the child's training and other things. I found that I didn't care what would happen during his lifetime or the things that would put me through much more then I was accustomed to. Perhaps it would be for the best, both for me and the child.

A new chapter of my life was beginning and, for once, I was happy that it was a new day.

The End

Author's Note II: This is the end of Silver Wishes, which also ties some of the beginning of A Truth Untold into it as well. Why? Because Silver Wishes is the first of the trilogy (this fic, A Truth Untold, and A Truth Untold II: Blue Moon) that I had no idea that I was writing until I actually wrote Blue Moon. But, anyways. I hope everyone enjoyed this fic (even though it doesn't show it in the reviews, but I have long since abandoned the thought of any more review for this fic and I don't care either). Thanks for reading this fic!