Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The New Androids ❯ Activation ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The Great Super Saiyan 5: Okay, yet another DBZ fic. In this one, there's TWO MORE androids who were programmed to be activated when all the other androids were either dead or defective.

Roxus: Greetings.

TGSS5: That's one of them. ID is RX-1000, codename Roxus. He's got a brother that calls himself Lazarus.

Lazarus: LAZ-105 at your service.

Roxus: We were programmed to help the people who beat the other androids.

TGSS5: Well, here goes! This story will follow both Roxus and Lazarus for the most part and will switch between them without warning.

------------------

"___": speech and quotes
'___': writing and mid-speech quotes.
CAPS: lip reading
~~~~~~~~: POV change
*___*: thoughts

------------------
Chapter 1
Activation

Gohan and Cell had been fighting for a long time by their standards- almost ten minutes. Gohan was fighting well despite one arm being temporarily paralyzed, and Cell was almost in perfect condition. Eventually they got down to the final conflict. "Ka...me...ha...me..." Cell started.

Gohan moved his one working arm into position as he said, "Ka...me...ha...me..."

After both of their attacks were ready, they both fired, shouting, "HAAAAA!"

Their contest lasted for a short time before Gohan's friends started blasting Cell from behind. When Cell got distracted, Gohan put everything he had into his Kamehameha all at once, overwhelming Cell and disintegrating him.

~~~~~~~~

In Dr. Gero's backup lab, two pods were beeping steadily. Suddenly, the beeping stopped, and the pods opened. Two men climbed out of them, one about 6 feet tall with a breastplate, a body suit, and blue hair, the other around 5 foot 6 with a black shirt, blue pants, a bandanna, and black hair. Both had the same dead blue eyes. The taller one looked at the smaller one and broke the silence in the lab: "It seems the other androids have been beaten, LAZ-105."

THAT IS CORRECT, RX-1000. WE MUST COME UP WITH ALIASES SO WE MAY FULFILL OUR PROGRAMMING, his companion replied.

"It appears that my audio reciever is faulty. We must find someone who can repair it." RX-1000's face opened, and he took out a pair of machines from the ear areas and reclosed his head. "If anyone asks you, my name is Roxus."

LAZ-105 nodded. AND I WILL BE CALLED LAZARUS. Roxus nodded back, and together the two androids walked out of the lab.

They flew to the nearest city, and Lazarus asked one of the local policemen, "Excuse me, but my friend here is deaf. Could you tell me a place that could help him?"

The man nodded and said something to Lazarus, who grabbed Roxus and started dragging him along. When they finally stopped, they were in front of a large building that said 'Capsule Corp' on the front. The cop pointed it out, facing away from Roxus, and after a second Lazarus nodded and pulled his brother inside.

Inside, they found several people, one woman with bluish green hair, one man with flame-styled black hair, a grey-haired man with a mustache, and a blond woman. "Excuse me," Lazarus said.

~~~~~~~~

"Excuse me," a deep, emotionless voice said. Everyone jumped at that, then turned to look. A man with black hair wearing a black shirt, blue pants, and a bandanna was standing in the doorway next to a slightly taller blue-haired man wearing a breastplate over a body suit. The smaller man said in the same voice they had heard, "We need a little help."

"What kind?" Bulma asked.

By way of answer, the taller man walked up and placed two small machines in her hand. "My brother is deaf without those machines he just gave you," the small one said. "However, it seems like they've got a glitch- they don't work at all."

Bulma nodded. "All right, I'll get to work on it right now."

"Wait." Everyone turned to Vegeta. "There's something odd about these two. What are you here for?"

The tall man pulled a chalkboard and some chalk from out of nowhere and wrote, 'We want to help the people who beat the androids.'

"Why don't you go find Hercule? They say he's the one who beat Cell," Dr. Briefs said.

Both strangers looked at him like he was an idiot. "Do we look stupid to you? We know he isn't the one who beat him," the smaller one, apparently the speaker between the brothers, said. The tall one just glared at the suggestion.

"Okay, nevermind," Dr. Briefs said, flinching.

Turning back to Bulma, the smaller man said, "Anyway, when can you have those done?"

Bulma shrugged. "Dunno. Depends on how bad the defect is."

The smaller man nodded. "Well, please go check, okay?" he asked. Bulma nodded and went to her lab with the machines.

A few hours later, which the smaller stranger used to extract a little info from those who remained, Bulma came back and triumphantly said, "They're done! Why don't you go try them out somewhere?"

~~~~~~~~

Lazarus nodded and took the audio recievers. Then he grabbed Roxus and pulled him away where they couldn't be seen or heard. After the recievers were reinstalled he asked, "Can you hear me now, brother?"

Roxus nodded. "Yes, brother, I hear you." Then he winced at how metallic his voice sounded.

Lazarus nodded back. "Good. Maybe you shouldn't speak around these people, though- your voice would give us away." Roxus nodded, and together they walked back to the others. "They work," he announced.

"Good!" the woman who fixed them- "Bulma," according to their data banks- said. "I'm just wondering how you'll pay for it."

"Got any jobs available?" Lazarus asked.

Bulma nodded. "Two, but they're both in R&D. I doubt you could both qualify for it."

Lazarus shrugged. "Try us."

A few weeks later, everyone dropped by for a visit. Lazarus chatted around for a while, but Roxus stayed silent until he noticed one person. "18..." he said unconsciously. Everyone stopped talking and looked at him strangely. "What?" he asked, confused.

"Oh, great, more androids?" Gohan asked. "I've already beaten Cell, so how much more do you want me to do?"

Roxus shrugged. "We're not here to kill anyone. In fact, we came to help you."

"Why should we trust you?" Vegeta demanded.

"Simple- we could've attacked you anytime we wanted, but we didn't," Lazarus replied.

Vegeta didn't listen, of course, and tried to attack Roxus, but he simply caught the first punch and squeezed a little. "Ow! Let go, damn you!" the Saiyan Prince snarled.

Roxus held on for a few more seconds before letting Vegeta's fist go. "Please don't do that again. I don't want to have to hurt you."

"Let's see here, I have a few files on you two," 18 said. "They say that you were designed to help whoever defeated us, but they never said where you were."

"Doctor Gero's backup lab is about ten miles west of here. Don't worry, we're the only androids that were in there," Lazarus informed them. "Hey Bulma, care to see?" Bulma nodded, and everyone went outside. Everyone who could fly flew, while Vegeta carried Bulma.

After a short time they reached the front door of the lab. Vegeta set Bulma down, and together the entire group walked in to see what was inside. About a hundred feet in they saw two pods like the ones 16 through 18 had been in when they first saw them, both open. "These are the pods we were 'born' from," Roxus announced.

Bulma blinked. "Does that make you two 18's brothers?"

Lazarus nodded. "Yes, it does. We won't give you our model ID's, though," he said. "People might get suspicious if they hear them."

Bulma nodded. "Good point. So, what else is in here?"

Roxus and Lazarus continued to show everyone around until they came to a third empty pod. "This isn't good..." Lazarus said.

Roxus stared. "I was not aware that there was another in here."

"Neither was I."

"What's wrong? Why are you two so scared?" Krillen asked.

Roxus walked up and read the inscription aloud. "Darkside... this thing is called Darkside... But that would mean..." He then turned his scanners on, keying them to androids, and quickly found three others. "He's somewhere over that way," he said, pointing directly out the lab entrance.

"We're gonna have to stop it, then," Krillen said, suddenly serious.

------------------

TGSS5: Okay, we'll be going full throttle next chapter!

Roxus: Who's gonna kick whose ass next chapter? Are we gonna lose, or will she?

Darkside: I bet you can guess.

TGSS5: Next chapter: Destruction!