Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The New Androids ❯ Destruction ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
TGSS5: Okay, here Roxus and Lazarus fight Darkside.

Disclaimer: I do not own DBZ.

TGSS5: Oh, yeah, if you've read the My Story series you know that I ended up being a wanderer through the multiverse. Hint, hint.

Roxus: He's gonna make a cameo pretty soon.

TGSS5: It starts now!

------------------

"___": speech and quotes
'___': writing and mid-speech quotes.
CAPS: lip reading
~~~~~~~~: POV change
*___*: thoughts

------------------
Chapter 2
Destruction

Everyone flew away from Dr. Gero's backup lab, quickly reaching the area Roxus' scanners detected the other android. Lazarus looked around and said, "All right, split up. If you find Darkside, shoot a ki blast straight up." Everyone nodded and moved off in different directions. After a while he came across a dark-skinned woman wearing black clothes. Feeling suspicious, he asked her, "What's your name?"

The woman turned around and snickered. "Do you really think you stand a chance with me?"

Lazarus shook his head. "No, not that I care. Now, what's your name?"

The woman shrugged and said, "Diana. You?"

Lazarus didn't let his guard down, knowing she could be lying, and guardedly said, "Lazarus."

"Unusual name," the woman commented.

"In this part of the world, so's yours," Lazarus retorted. Then, taking a big risk, he said, "Cut the charade, Darkside."

"Diana" nodded. "All right then, you're right. I AM Darkside." She looked up. "Now, how did you know about me?"

Lazarus simply shot a ki blast straight up, as he had said would be the signal. A few minutes later, with Darkside glaring at him the whole time, all the others arrived. Roxus stepped up beside Lazarus and pointed at her questioningly. "Yes, Roxus, she's Darkside," the smaller android informed his brother.

Turning to actually look at Darkside, Roxus said, "All right, what are you planning, Darkside?"

Darkside smirked. "Oh, androids, huh? I can tell from your voice," she said. "Anyway, to answer your question, I plan to destroy those who defeated the other androids."

Together, Roxus and Lazarus said, "We won't let you."

Darkside smirked some more. "All right, let's see what you're made of, boys." At that, Roxus and Lazarus rushed her, quickly engaging her in surprisingly even combat.

As they fought, Roxus asked, "Why don't we have files on your existence?"

Darkside smirked even more. "Simple. We're the physical embodiment of Doctor Gero's conscience- two good, and one stronger and evil." She glanced at Lazarus. "I take it Lazarus here is an android, too?"

"Yeah, that's me," Lazarus replied half-absently. The three continued fighting for quite some time, quickly adding ki blasts to their fighting.

Eventually Darkside got tired of fighting them and blasted Roxus full force. All that lasted long enough to land was his head. Gohan went Super Saiyan 2 and rushed in to replace the fallen android. "Leave him alone!" he shouted.

Their fighting lasted quite a while, but eventually, between Gohan's might and Lazarus' ingenuity, they managed to wear Darkside down. Just before they could finish her, though, she said, "Bye!" and flew off.

Gohan and Lazarus landed from where they had been fighting the android and gazed dejectedly at Roxus' head. "Poor guy," Gohan said. Everyone nodded and started to walk off.

"Wait... A little help here..." Roxus' head called out. "Hey! LAZARUS!"

Lazarus stopped and turned. "Well, so he isn't quite totalled!" he said before going to pick his brother up. After that they carried him back to Capsule Corp and had Bulma and Dr. Briefs work on repairing him.

After a few weeks, Roxus, Bulma, and Dr. Briefs walked out of the lab. "He's back!" Bulma announced to everyone who had waited on him, which was basically everyone but Piccolo and Vegeta. "And I found and fixed some flaws in his design that were so obvious that they had to be deliberate."

Roxus nodded in agreement. "Performance has increased 50 percent," he stated.

Lazarus jumped. "That's a big boost! Hey Bulma, could you check me, too?"

Bulma shook her head. "Considering all the flaws I found in Roxus' design, I think I'd probably have to dismantle you to get rid of all the problems."

Lazarus shrugged. "Considering how far behind I was against Darkside, I'd only be cannon fodder. Do it, whatever it takes." Bulma nodded, and the two entered the lab.

Roxus glanced around as he said, "I kinda wonder where Darkside is right now..."

"Why? Do you like her?" Yamcha joked.

Roxus glared at him. "Are you an idiot or do you not realize how dangerous she is?" He looked towards the door. "She's here..."

As Roxus walked outside, Darkside was saying, "Ah... I thought you were here. Gotten repaired, have you?" She smirked. "Where're your little buddies? You're only at 66 point 67 percent of my strength- I determined that in our last battle."

Roxus smirked back. "I haven't just been repaired- I've been upgraded," he announced. "I no longer need the others to beat you."

Darkside shrugged as she continued smirking. "Tough talk. But can you back it up?" Roxus grabbed her by the throat and flew off, landing a short ways from the city. There he set her down and stepped back a few paces to fall into a fighting stance. "Okay, your speed's improved, but how about the rest of your abilities?"

"Let's find out," Roxus suggested before charging her. Between the suddenness of his attack and his new speed she barely managed to block it. She quickly retaliated with a kick that would have taken Vegeta's head off, but Roxus blocked that readily, apparently having expected it. After that all bets were off as they fought harder than the previous time, each one trying to find an advantage they had over the other and quickly getting countered by an equal advantage. Roxus' punches were stronger than his kicks, while Darkside's kicks matched his punches in strength as her punching strength lagged behind. Each began relying more and more heavily on their melee attack of choice as the fight dragged on.

Eventually Roxus got tired of the fight and crossed his arms. Before Darkside could react, he took his hands off and pointed the remaining stumps at her. "What the hell?" Darkside demanded.

"HELL'S FLASH!" Roxus shouted, blasting her with everything he had. When the dust and smoke cleared there was no sign of Darkside. He scanned the area, though, to make sure she was dead. When he was satisfied he put his hands back on and flew back to Capsule Corp. When he arrived Dr. Briefs said, "What happened to you? I heard you just saw some girl called Darkside."

Roxus nodded. "I had to fight an android. I destroyed her, but I need some repairs."

Dr. Briefs nodded. "All right, I'll take care of that. Follow me," he said before leading Roxus into the lab.

When they saw Bulma and Lazarus Roxus couldn't help asking, "How is it so far?"

Bulma looked up from the blueprint she had downloaded from Lazarus and said, "He's even worse than you were. I'd have to say he was an older model."

Roxus nodded. "He is. He's the prototype for my model."

"That would explain it."

"Well, I need some repairs so I'll see you in a while."

Bulma nodded as Roxus and her father walked to a different lab table. "Is he always like that?" she asked Lazarus quietly.

"Yeah. He's always honest to a fault- seems to go against his programming to lie or exaggerate," Lazarus replied, just as quietly.

"I meant caring for others."

"Oh. Yeah, from what I've seen he always puts others' welfare before his own," Lazarus said. "You know, he's kinda like Goku in that respect."

Bulma pulled back from looking at the blueprint. "Well, I found about a thousand different flaws in your design, so I think I'd better get to work on them."

"Thanks... Bulma."

"What for?" Bulma asked, surprised.

"For... for everything. Giving us a place to stay, something to do... everything." Lazarus looked down at where his legs had been taken off. "Especially the upgrading and repairs. Thanks."

"No problem. If you plan on guarding us you need to be at your best, right?" Bulma said.

Lazarus nodded. "One more thing I need to thank you for. Thanks for accepting us."

Bulma paused. "You're good people. You made a good first impression, but your second impression wasn't all that great."

Lazarus smiled ruefully. "At least you know why Roxus over there never talked until he saw 18."

Bulma nodded. "Yeah, with a voice like that who could mistake him?"

Roxus called over, "I heard that."

"It's true!" Lazarus called back.

"I know. Just messin' with ya, bro." A few hours later Roxus walked into the area Bulma was working on Lazarus in. "So how long do you think he'll take?" he asked.

"All factors considered, I'd say at least a month," Bulma replied.

Roxus put one hand under the other arm and rested his chin in the other. "Not as long as I thought. Getting started soon?"

Bulma nodded. "I've had a long day. I'll start tomorrow."

Roxus smiled. "Good. I'm glad that my brother will get the power he deserves- he's always been a few steps behind me in combat performance."

"Well, come back here in a month and he should be finished."

------------------

TGSS5: Next we skip to the World Martial Arts Tournament just before Buu.

Roxus: Two androids in addition to Goku, Gohan, Vegeta, and the Supreme Kai... Scary thought.

Lazarus: Hey TGSS5, you make a cameo next chapter, too.

TGSS5: Okay, well, next chapter: Where'd He Come From?