Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The New DBZ ❯ A New Ally ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: I know that it's been a while since I updated this story and I'm sorry. I've been very busy finishing Hells Rising. Go ahead and check it out. It is now one hundred percent complete so go check it out. Also, I haven't been so inspired to write for this story lately. So until I get inspired then this story will be on a short break. I have recently finished reading Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix. It was great. I was inspired to start the squeal to Hells Rising because of it. Go ahead and check it out. It's called Harry Potter and the Adventures from Hell. So sit back, relax, and enjoy.

"Normal Conversation"

< Telepathic Conversation >

~ Thinking ~

:: Bond ::

Chapter 3 - A New Ally

"I'm sure that your father would be alright Gohan." Says Videl who is being carried by Gohan away from the battlefield.

"Yeah he's the best. No one can beat my dad." Says Gohan even though inside, he knew that this was not true. He and Krillin abruptly stop in mid air and looks in the direction of where they just came from.

"What is it?" asks Videl.

"The battle has started." Says Krillin.

Over at the battlefield, Goku and Vegeta have indeed started their battle. The two Saiyans seems to be even in strength and skill but Vegeta is slowly gaining the edge over Goku. Vegeta then unleashes a powerful attack at Goku. Goku's eyes open wide in surprise but quickly turns to a look of concentration.

"Kaioken!" Goku's strength and speed jumps up and he manages to dodge Vegeta's attack. Vegeta just looks at him with a smirk.

"Well Kakarot. I can't say that I'm not surprise about that technique. I didn't think that you, a third class Saiyan, is capable of such a technique."

"So your impressed about my techniques huh?" says Goku who is also smirking.

"Hardly. I'm merely saying that I'm surprised that you could actually do such a technique. I'll have you know that I've faced stronger opponents than you with a similar technique and I still crushed them."

Vegeta then powers up a bit and moves so fast that Goku doesn't even see his punch coming. Vegeta punches Goku hard into the gut, and sends him flying through a nearby mountain. Goku slowly gets up sporting new cuts and bruises all over his body. The top part of his gi is torn so badly that it falls off as Goku gets up.

"Nice one. I didn't think that you'd be that fast. Oh well." Goku then focuses on concentrating. "Kaioken times two!" Goku charges at Vegeta again but is thrown back by him. Goku is slowly loosing and Gohan and Krillin can feel it.

"I can't take it anymore!" exclaimed Gohan. "I've got to go help my dad."

"I know bro but your dad said to stay away. We will only get in the way if we go back."

"I don't care what my father said. He needs my help whether he likes it or not." Gohan then hands Videl over to Krillin. "Do me a favor and take care of her Krillin.

"WHAT! No way. I coming too." Yells Videl.

"No your not." States Gohan calmly. Krillin decides to intervene before a full-blown fight breaks out.

"Sorry bro but I'm siding with Videl here. If you go back then I'm coming with you, which means Videl will also come. Unless of coarse you want to abandon her here, in the woods, in the middle of nowhere."

Gohan looks back and forth between Videl and Krillin's faces before bowing his head in defeat. "Oh all right. We'll all go."

Videl starts to cheer while Krillin just chuckles a bit. With Krillin still carrying Videl, they start to fly back in the direction that they came from. When they were about a mile away Gohan speaks up.

"Hey Krillin. You stay with Videl and make sure that she is a safe distance away. Only jump in if we get into any trouble."

"Sure thing bro." Replies Krillin. Videl knew that she would have to agree with Gohan on this so she stayed quiet. Just as they reach the battlefield, Krillin and Gohan land on a small mesa. "We'll stay here bro, unless in gets to be too dangerous."

"Alright, thanks Krillin." Just as Gohan is about to leave, Videl grabs his arm. "What is it Videl?"

Videl looks down at the ground with a unshed tears. "You just be careful Gohan. I know that we just met but I already feel like we're best friends and I don't want to loose you too today like I lost my mommy."

Gohan wraps his arms around Videl's small form in a gentle hug and quietly whispers into her ear. "Everything will be alright Videl. I will come back. You just make sure you stay safe with Krillin." They stay like that for a minute before Gohan breaks away. He turns around and flies off in the direction of his father and Vegeta. Videl's tears finally start to fall as she watches Gohan fly away.

"Tell me the truth Krillin sir. Will Gohan be alright?" asks Videl quietly.

Krillin is startled by the sir part but quickly answers her. "To be honest Videl, I don't know. Before, when we were fighting the Saibamen and Nappa, Gohan was too afraid and too weak to do anything. Since you showed up though and Nappa threatened to kill you, something inside of Gohan just snapped. Now he's even stronger then me, and he's only been training for a year whereas I've been training for decades. I wouldn't be surprised if he surpasses even his father someday." Videl doesn't say anything else as she sees Gohan reach the fight.

Goku is getting his butt kicked by Vegeta every which way. Right when Vegeta is about to deliver a strong blow to his head, Gohan comes out of nowhere and sends Vegeta flying with a kick to the head.

"Dad, are you all right?"

"I thought I told you to stay away from here." Says Goku sternly.

Gohan suddenly finds the ground more interesting to look at rather than his father. "I know you did dad, but you weren't doing to well. You need my help. I can't loose you twice."

"Gohan."

"Well isn't this a touchy moment." Vegeta is back on his feet with his arms crossed and smirking on the father-son duo. "You two are pathetic. This planet has made you weak. You are a disgrace to your Saiyan heritage. Saiyans don't show compassion or mercy. Emotions like those make you weak."

"What you see as a weakness Vegeta, is actually our greatest strength." Says Goku.

"Yeah. We are strong because we have a purpose in fighting. We fight to protect our friends and family. We have no reason to be ruthless or uncaring. You are the one who is weak Vegeta!" yells Gohan as his power starts to increase. Right beside him, Goku's power also increases.

"We are stronger because we have our friends and family to support us. All you have is nothing and because of that, you can never defeat us!" Yells Goku. By now, Vegeta is absolutely livid.

"How dare you say that your prince is weak!"

"YOU ARE NOT OUR PRINCE. WE MAY BE SAIYAN BY BLOOD BUT WE ARE EARTHLINGS BY HEART!" Both Goku and Gohan are yelling this. Pretty soon, Goku and Gohan's combined power is far greater than Vegeta's and deep down, Vegeta knows that as well.

~ How can this be! I am the prince of all Saiyans. How could a third class Saiyan and his brat be stronger than me? There is just no way. No matter, I am still a better fighter, and I have an ace up my sleeve. ~

Vegeta then charges at the father-son duo powered up at his mask. He starts throwing punches and kicks to both of them and seems to be holding his own. Slowly but surely, Vegeta starts to loose his edge. After Gohan blocks one of his punches, he and Goku fires a ki blast simultaneously into Vegeta's face. When Vegeta gets back up, he has blood all over his face and he was even more pissed off then before, if that is possible. All of a sudden though Vegeta starts to smirk.

"Why are you smirking Vegeta?" asks Goku without getting out of his stance.

"Yeah, if I'm not mistaken, we're the ones who are winning." Says a confused Gohan.

"You two are fools. I have yet to show the full extent of my abilities. Kakarot. You could thank your father for this ability. After all, he was the one who invented it." Vegeta forms a bright silver ball of ki in his hand and throws it up into the air. Vegeta looks up at it and starts laughing as he can feel his body start to change. After a minute, Vegeta fully transforms into a five-story ape with Saiyan arm. (A/N: I'm not sure that I mentioned this but Gohan, Videl, and Goku, do not have their tails.)

"What the-" Before Goku can finish his statement, one of Vegeta's paws grabs him and his son and starts to squeeze the life out of them. As their ribs start to crack, they let out a scream of pain. Over on a far off mesa, Videl looks on in fear before turning to Krillin.

"Isn't there anything you can do?" Krillin looks at her with surprise and fear in his face. After a minute though, it is replaced with a look of concentration. "If I can cut off his tail, then he will revert back to normal. Stay here Videl." With that, Krillin flies to a mesa that is closer to the battle but is still behind Vegeta's back. "DESTRUCTO DISK!"

He fires the razor sharp disk right at Vegeta's tail. Right before the disk was going to connect to the tail though, Vegeta jumps up, and the attack goes right under him. Krillin looks on with horror as Vegeta turns around to face him.

"You know, these large ears of mine aren't for decoration you know. They could hear a pin drop from a mile away so don't think that you could sneak up on me." With that, Vegeta fires a blast from his mouth and hits the mesa where Krillin is. Krillin manages to avoid the direct blast but is still severely injured.

"Hahahahaha. Now no one is left to save you now." Vegeta stops laughing as he hears Videl calling out to. ~ She could be a problem. Better take care of her now and not risk anything later. ~ Vegeta opens his mouth and releases another blast that goes straight at Videl. Videl is frozen in her spot due to the intense fear she is feeling as the blast comes closer to her. Gohan seems to sense her fear and manages to look in her direction only to see a blast heading straight at her.

"VIDEL! GET OUT OF THERE!" screams Gohan but Videl is still rooted to her spot. Just as the blast is about to hit her, a black blur comes out of nowhere, scoops her up and gets her away as the blast hits where she was standing just a few seconds before.

"What the hell!" exclaims Vegeta. "Who did that? Who's still out there?"

The black blur suddenly stops on another mesa and it is revealed to be a sixteen year old man, wearing nothing but black cloths and a black trench coat with a red dragon that looks like Shenron on his back. He smirks at Vegeta for a moment while setting Videl down. Then he decides to speak up.

"You know, for someone with such great hearing, you seem to miss a lot of noise that is going on around you."

"What are you talking about?" Before Vegeta could continue though, a look of realization comes across his face. He quickly turns his head just as Yajirobe slices his tail off with his sword. "NOOOOOO!"

Vegeta starts to revert back to his normal self and soon starts falling down towards the ground along with Goku and Gohan. As Vegeta is still transforming back to normal, Goku and Gohan take a quick glance at each other and nod. Goku brings his arms to his right side while Gohan raises his arms above his head.

"Masanko…"

"Kamehame…"

"HAAAAAAA!" They both release their attacks at the same time and both of their attacks explode just as they come in contact with Vegeta in a massive explosion. All three warriors fall to the ground, battered and beaten. Yajirobe on the other hand has dropped his sword and ran back into his hiding place. Vegeta looks up to the sky in disbelief. He starts to talk to himself very quietly and Gohan seems to be the only one who hears him.

"How can this be? Me, the prince of all Saiyans have been beaten. I must get out of here and heal myself. The dragonballs on this planet may have been destroyed when that green bean was killed but I know there has to be another set on his home planet. I must gain immortality so that I can defeat Freeza and avenge my family and my people." Vegeta then pulls out a small controller and pushes a button on it. After a few minutes, his pod lands besides him. Just before he starts to crawl over to it though, a battered Krillin appears above him with Yajirobe's sword in hand.

"The only place you're going Vegeta is the next dimension." Krillin raises the sword and just as he is about to impale Vegeta with it, Gohan yells out.

"STOP! DON'T KILL HIM!"

"What, why not? He deserves it. After all he and his friend did." This time, Goku interrupts Krillin.

"Listen to Gohan Krillin. Do not, under any circumstances, kill Vegeta."

"Why not?"

Gohan slowly gets up just as the man that saved Videl flew down and put Videl on the ground. She quickly goes over to help Gohan stand. "Because we do not stoop to his level and I know that there is some good in him."

"How can there be any good in this heartless monster. His partner killed all of our friends while he watched with a smile on his face and he himself even tried to kill you, your father and even Videl. IF it weren't for this guy then Videl would be dead, and Vegeta wouldn't be distracted long enough for Yajirobe to sneak up and cut off his tail."

"I know all that Krillin, but you didn't hear what he just said a minute ago." Gohan then limps over to Vegeta with Videl's help and starts talking to Vegeta directly and clearly. "Who. Is. Freeza?"

"What's it to you brat?" says Vegeta with malice.

"You said you wanted to avenge your family and people by defeating Freeza. I want to know who this Freeza is."

Vegeta thinks this over for a minute before replying. "Not that it isn't any of your business but Freeza is currently the most powerful being in the universe. He has destroyed countless number of species just to obtain their planet to sell it to the highest bidders. If he sees any potential threats to him he will destroy it. He saw the Saiyans as a threat, so while they were all back on Planet Vegeta for the mating ritual that happens once every eleven cycles, he destroyed the planet with a single blast."

Everyone stays silent after that. No one even seemed to notice the man who saved Videl has disappeared. All of a sudden though Goku speaks up.

"Join us. Let us help you."

"What? Never. I would never join a third class idiot and a weak human." This angers Gohan though.

"Would you put your stupid pride behind you? You cannot defeat Freeza by yourself if he is truly that powerful."

"I can if I have immortality!"

"Wishing for immortality will just make you weaker than you already are. You did not loose this fight because we were lucky. You were stronger, faster, and more skilled then all of us. You lost because you were alone. You had no one to help you when you need it most. You do not have friends in whom you could trust with your life. Think about it. A year ago, Raditz was stronger then all of us. It was because of our friends that we just barely managed to beat him. Then we all trained with our friends for the last year, and look at how much we improved. Now, I will ask again. Will you join us? We will help you defeat Freeza."

Vegeta thinks this over for a moment before sighing in defeat. He pushed another button on the controller, causing his pod to close. He then looked up to Gohan and the others.

"I better not regret this brat, or I will kill you."

"Don't worry, you wont." Gohan then looks off into the distance. "Bulma, Master Roshi, and my mom are coming this way. They'll be here to pick us up soon." Gohan then looks around for a moment. "Wait a minute. Where did that guy who saved Videl go?"

A/N: Will Vegeta truly join the Z-Fighters or will he betray them. And who is this mysterious man who saved Videl from certain death. To find out, tune in for the next installment of The New DBZ. (Whenever that may be. ^_^ )