Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The New DBZ ❯ How the Mighty Have Fallen ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Sorry for the long wait people. I have been busy these last few weeks working on this huge project for school. I got an A+ on it too. Anyway, someone asked me if Gohan and Videl are going to go Super Saiyan in this battle and the answer is no. They will not reach that level . . . yet anyway. So sit back relax and enjoy the show.

"Normal Conversation"

< Telepathic Conversation >

~ Thinking ~

::Bond::

Chapter 2 - How the Mighty Have Fallen

"Ahhhhh!" Gohan and Videl are now side by side, powering up to a level that the earth has yet to see before. Their power surged causes Vegeta's scouter to explode in his face. Nappa, to say the least, was getting a little freaked out when their combined power starts to push him back a little. He quickly turns to Vegeta.

"My Prince. What is going on? How are they so strong?"

"Isn't obvious you fool. The two of them are obviously Saiyans. They are Saiyans who will eventually bond with each other when they are older, by the looks of it. You obviously pissed the girl brat off, which in tuned pissed the other brat off. They want to kill you Nappa. And they will probably succeed since together, their power is greater then yours."

"WHAT?! There is no way that two brats barely out of dippers are stronger then me. I'll prove to you that I am stronger." With that Nappa lunges at the two kids. Vegeta smirks to himself.

~ You always were a fool Nappa. Always charging in headfirst without thinking and not opening your eyes to the truth in front of you. Although it is strange that the two brats are so powerful at such a young age. If properly trained, they might be strong enough to help me destroy Freeza! ~

Nappa reaches the kids, and starts to pummel them. He starts punching them, kicking them, and then he throws them into a nearby mountain.

"You see my prince. Those two brats couldn't handle me. Hahahahaha, uhhhh!"

Out of nowhere Goku shows up and punches Nappa in the face, sending him flying back.

"How could you do that to two innocent kids. Don't you have any heart?"

"Ah, you must be Kakarot. I've been wondering when you would show up." Says Vegeta.

"My name is Goku." That pisses Vegeta off. (A/N: Is it me or is everyone getting pissed off here.

"How dare you disgrace your Saiyan heritage Kakarot. Do you have no pride as a warrior?"

"I may be a Saiyan by blood, but I am an earthling by heart. And I will do everything I can to protect my planet, my home, from people like you."

Goku's speech is cut short though as the crumbled mountain explodes, revealing two-pint size demi-Saiyans. The two takes one look at each other and then charges at Nappa. Everyone is in too much of a shock to do anything to stop them. As they reach Nappa, they start to throw punch after punch, each landing a solid blow on some part of Nappa's body. Nappa takes a wild swing at them but misses as the two jumps back to dodge it. Nappa just smirks.

"Ha! I got you now! Prepare to DIE!" Nappa then fires a large ki blast at the two whom are frozen in fear because they know that they can't stop the ki blast alone. Goku is to far away from them to help them, but Piccolo was only a few meters away. Without even thinking, he jumps in between the kids and the blast. The kids are spared from the blast but Piccolo is not. He falls to the ground tattered and beat up with blood coming out of multiple wounds. Gohan slowly walks up to Piccolo, his and the girls anger suppressed during what has just happened.

"Mr. Piccolo? Are you all right?"

"Hey kid. That was some display of power that you and that girl did just now." Piccolo then coughs up a bit of blood. "I just want you to know that I am proud of all that you accomplished in this last year. Yo-you were the first friend that I ever had." With one small final smile, Piccolo dies and his body disappears.

Up on the Lookout, Kami heard the entire thing. ~ I knew that you had some good in you Piccolo. I'm just happy that you found it before you died. ~ Kami then looks over to Mr. Popo. "It's my time to go Popo."

"What? Kami no, don't go."

"I am sorry old friend but as you know, Piccolo and I are one, and if one of us dies, then so will the other. I will miss you Popo. Please take care of my Lookout while I am gone." With one final smile, Kami too, disappears.

Back on the battlefield, Gohan is a mess as he remembers the things that happened in the last year. Nappa is laughing his head off and making fun of what Piccolo just did. The girl walks over to where Gohan was kneeling, where Piccolo once laid and put a hand on his shoulder as an act of comfort. Subconsciously though, she is transferring all of her newfound power into Gohan. That, mixed with the rage that is growing within him, Gohan starts to power up to levels he has never reached before.

The ground around the two starts to shake as Gohan makes his power's presence known. Gohan is engulfed in a white-hot flame of ki. The heat radiating from him could be felt for miles around but it seems to not affect the two kids. As Gohan finishes powering up, he opens his eyes and sends a death glare straight at Nappa. Nappa reeled back a bit in fear but quickly composes himself and charges for Gohan again. Only this time, Gohan fought back.

As Nappa goes for a punch, Gohan catches his fist long before it reaches him. A small boy catching a large man's fist was quite an odd sight. Gohan then jumps and performs a roundhouse kick to Nappa's face, sending him flying. Gohan quickly catches up to him and starts to beat the living shit out of Nappa. By the time Gohan gets tired of hitting him, Nappa is covered with cuts and bruises. By the looks of hit, he also has some broken bones and internal bleeding.

Gohan lands next to the girls, breathing heavily. As she is checking on him, Goku and Krillin comes over to the two as Nappa, crawls over to Vegeta very slowly.

"Yo bro that was awesome. When did you get so strong huh? Are you holding out on me man?" exclaims Krillin.

"Hello son." Says Goku.

"Hi dad. I've missed you."

"I missed you too Gohan. How's your mother Gohan?"

Gohan blushes a bit and puts his hand behind his neck in classic
Son fashion. "Actually dad I'm not to sure how mom is. I've been training under Piccolo in the middle of nowhere since you died."

"Oh man. We're going to be in a lot of trouble when we go home." Goku just then notices the girl that is Gohan's age that is standing next to him. "And who's this young lady?"

Krillin then notices the girl too. "Oh hello there. I almost forgot about you. So Gohan, is she your girlfriend?" Krillin then realizes something. ~ Wait a minute, if that really is Gohan's girlfriend then that means he'll have one before me. . . Now that's just sad. ~

The girl blushes a little but Gohan is just clueless. "What's a girlfriend?" The three just falls over anime style.

"Oh man son. I think were going to have to have a little father and son talk when we get home."

"Oh okay. Anyway, I don't think she's my girlfriend, whatever that is. In fact I've never met her before." The two adults sweat drops at this.

"Are you sure man. The way that you two been acting out there made it seems like you two knows each other pretty well."

For the first time the girl speaks up. "Actually he's right. We've never met before, but it seems like I just know him. My name's Videl by the way."

"Hello Videl. My name is Gohan and this is my father Goku and his best friend Krillin."

Videl stares at the two adults wide eyed. "Are you two the same Goku and Krillin that competed in the World Martial Arts Tournaments a few years back?"

"Yea I guess so." Says Goku.

"Wow! You guys are so great in the old tapes that I've seen. My papa says that everything you do were just tricks but I know that he's wrong because I've seen mama do the same things you guys can do."

The three raise their eyebrows at this. "And just who is your mama Videl?" asks Goku.

"Oh she's just . . ." Videl then goes quiet and some tears start to form in her eyes. Gohan quickly moves over to her.

"What's wrong Videl?"

"That man, that big bald man killed my mama. She died protecting me from this shockwave thing that was coming for us when we were leaving South City. I don't know how I know. I just know that he was responsible for it."

"Don't worry. He got what he deserved. Now all we have to worry about is his friend over there." By then, Nappa has reached Vegeta.

"Ve-Vegeta. You have to help me. I-I un-underestimated their power. Please help me."

"Pitiful. You have disgraced your Saiyan heritage by being beaten so easily by a half blood. Get out of my sight." Vegeta then grabs Nappa's arm and throws him up into the sky. He then launches a ki blast at him, instantly killing him.

"How? How could you do that to one of your own?!" yells Goku.

"Ha! He was merely a servant to follow my orders. It was his duty to live up to his prince's expectations and he failed."

"So you're a prince huh? Well that doesn't matter. You shouldn't have killed him."

"SHUT UP! I am Vegeta! Prince of all Saiyans! I will show you what a true battle should be like." Vegeta then starts to power up, shocking those who can sense ki.

"Oh man. He's a lot stronger than Nappa was and the only way we beat him was Gohan getting pissed off." Says a scared Krillin.

Goku keeps his eyes on Vegeta as he starts talking to Krillin. "Krillin, I want you to take Gohan and Videl and get as far away from here as possible."

"But dad!"

"No buts Gohan. You will only get in the way if you stay here. I wont be able to fight with my full power if you're here."

"But Goku! You're going to need all the help you can get fighting this guy."

With a tone in his voice that has never been heard before Goku speaks up. "This is not open for discussion. I want all of you to leave NOW!"

"Alright Goku. We will leave."

"But-"

"No buts bro. If your dad says that we should leave then we should leave. Besides, I've known Goku long enough to know that he wouldn't be this calm unless he knew that he could win."

"Al-alright. Come on Videl we're leaving." Videl nods as Gohan walks over to her. He then scoops her up and flies after Krillin who went on ahead. Videl gasps a little when she realizes that they are now flying.

"Um Gohan?"

"Yes Videl?"

"Do you think that you can teach me to fly too? You see, right before mama and me saw the fireballs in the sky, she promised to teach me how to and well."

"Say no more Videl. As soon as all of this is over, I'll teach you everything I know. Granted, most of what I know, I've learned in the last six months with Piccolo. And he was a little rough with me. But I'm sure that I can teach you too."

"Thanks Gohan."

A/N: Well there you have it. Again, sorry for the delay of the completion of this chapter. There might be another delay before the next chapter of my story. As soon as school is over in June, updates will be coming faster. So how will the battle between Goku and Vegeta play out? And will Gohan, Videl, and Krillin stay away like they said. You may yet be surprised by the outcome. So stay tuned for the next installment of The New DBZ. (I still need a better title for this story. Also check out my other story Hells Rising. It's almost done.)