Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Pre-Teen Life Of Son Gohan ❯ Chapter 1 Homecoming ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Pre-Teen Life Of Son Gohan
Author's note
Hi! I'm a hardcore fan of pre-teen Gohan .I decided to write this story because I think that it was too rush for the producers of DBZ to skip directly into buu saga after the cell games without showing much on how Gohan's life was after the defeat of Cell .Worst of all, he became a nerd ! There's no way I'll make the Gohan in my story to be so . Anyway , this is the alternative plot representing my idea of what could have happened . I sincerely hope that rewriting some parts of the original anime will not be a stab against the show . Please enjoy !
Words in italics thinking ( usually Gohan's )

Disclaimer
I do not own Dragonball Z .
Chapter 1 - Homecoming
“Okay , guys ! This is the new beginning of our lives !” announced Son Gohan , the eleven-year-old boy who had just saved planet Earth from the fate of destruction after winning a gigantic kamehameha duel against the `immortal' android , Cell .
The hero slowly descended from the edge of the holy lookout and took flight into the clear , blue sky . His actions were followed by Krillin , Yamcha and of course , the time-traveling saiyan , Trunks. The four warriors flew straight down passed Korin's tower where the sacred cat and its fatso partner , Yajirobe were waiting . The duo waved and congratulated the warriors for their effort in defeating Cell once and for all as they sped past .
As Gohan and his friends reached a certain `breakpoint' , they bade farewell to each other and began to took off towards the directions of their respective homes . Gohan , without a doubt , was heading to his house located on the peaceful Mount Paozu where he was sure that his over-protective mother , Chi Chi was already waiting anxiously for his return .
The harsh wind danced the hybrid's little yet well-built body , causing his tattered purple gi to flap vigorously in the process as he cut through the air with amazing velocity . Realizing that he had forgotten to ask a new set of gi from Piccolo , young Gohan halted his flight and took a good look at himself .
The hero chuckled to himself as he found that his gi was in a terrible mess . The left side of the sleeveless shirt was completely incinerated , revealing his muscular chests and abdomen .He remembered that it was when he took an immense ki blast from Cell which was originally meant to kill Vegeta , the prince of all saiyans . As for the right side , the remaining fabric was permanently stained with his crimson blood from countless wounds he had suffered in the battle against the killer android . His purple pants also had several large tears on them .
Gosh , mom's definitely gonna kill me .After a while , Gohan recovered from the lost in his own thoughts. Knowing that it was not an ideal time to continue his little daydreaming , he focused his energy and continued to move on towards his destination .
It took him about ten minutes of high speed flying before the youngster could reach the `nature-coated' Mount Paozu . Birds were heard chirping cheerfully as if they were welcoming Gohan's return to his homeland . Slowly , the eleven-year-old powered down and landed on the hard earth which was several steps away from the main entrance of his house . As it was a hot day , the searing heat of the `eye' of the heaven caused drops of perspiration to roll down Gohan's small body while his tattered gi hung damply onto him.
The boy slowly walked his way along the smooth pavement towards his house . However, upon reaching the front door , a troublesome thought came across his mind .
Wait a second ,what should I say to mom later? Hi? Hello? More importantly , how am I gonna tell her about dad's death and his decision to stay in the Otherworld ?
Young Gohan started to feel stressed as he could not think of a suitable solution to overcome the situation . Panic-stricken , he stood there motionlessly as if he were petrified by a spell or curse .
All of a sudden , the door before Gohan sprang open and caught the unsuspecting boy by complete surprise . The person who had opened was his beloved mother , Chi Chi . The moment Chi Chi saw her son standing just before her , tears of joy escaped her eyes .
“My baby!” Chi Chi cried aloud and without warning , the elderly woman wrapped her arms around Gohan's sturdy body , giving him a bone-breaking hug . The pain was so intense even to a half saiyan's body that Chi Chi could have killed her own son if he had not been healed by Dende earlier at the lookout or if he were just an ordinary eleven-year-old boy .
“M-mom, ... can't … breathe ..” Gohan forced the words out of his mouth will all his strength . Realizing that she was suffocating Gohan , Chi Chi released the child from her `iron grip' and wiped away the tears blocking her vision . Upon escaping from his mother's `embrace of love' , Gohan took a deep breath and try to say something . Unfortunately for him , Chi Chi started her little speech before he could even speak .
“Oooh , Gohan ! I'm so glad you're okay! Is your left arm okay ? Did Dende heal you? Are you hungry ? And , before I forget , WHERE IS SON GOKU ? I'll bang him with my new frying pan because I had told him not to involve you in the fight with Cell !” the woman was filled with mixed feelings from happiness to anger .
“Gee , maybe this is why dad didn't want to come back ,” Gohan giggled while scratching the back of his head like his father always did .
“Come on , Gohan . This isn't funny ! Where is your dad ?” Chi Chi demanded . Knowing that the fun would not last any longer , the hero decided to tell his mother the truth .
“Dad's dead , mom…” said Gohan with a sad tone.
“He's what ?” Chi Chi was startled by her son's answer .
“My Goku's dead !? How could that be possible ? ” the woman continued as she began to weep once more . There was a few moments of silence as the woman refused to absorb what Gohan had said to her .
Mustering all his inner courage , the young saiyan braced himself and began to tell his mother about everything that had taken place at the Cell Games arena .
“It all started when dad commenced his battle with Cell……..”

Well , that's the first chapter for you ! I know it's quite boring because I only prolonged the scenes which had taken place in the show . The AU part may begin soon in the coming chapters as I may insert new enemies , battles , or trainings centering around Gohan . Anyway , kindly write a review and tell me what do you guys think about this chapter . I thank you . =D