Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Price Of Power ❯ Chapter: 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]


The Price Of Power


" rrrr " Speech

< rrrr > Thoughts

<<rrrr >> Telepathy

<>rrrr <> Telepathy


A/N: Hello folks, this is an alternate story line for my story " The Legendary ". I always wondered how the worlds of DBZ & He-Man (The new version) would react to each other. So I decided to write a fic to satisfy my own and possibly others curiosity. This story line in NO WAY goes with my other story. The only similarity is the use of some of the characters. Well, enjoy !!


Chapter: One


<><><><><><><><>


Prince Adam, heir to the throne of Eternia sat lazily under a tree enjoying the beautiful day which bestowed itself on the kingdom. He sat without a care in the world, or so he thought.


" Adam! Why must you be so lazy? Asked Teela, captain of the Eternian Royal Guard.


" Hello Teela, how are you this fine day? " He said completely calm not surprised by her sudden appearance, as it seemed she always had a knack for catching him in these situation's.


Giving him a look of disgust she answered his question. " I'm doing fine no thanks to you I might add. Why are you just sitting here? Skeletor could attack any moment, we and especially you being the Prince have to be prepared! "


" And how do you know I'm not? Just because I choose to actually enjoy a moment of peace and not be such a worry wart like some people who shall remain nameless, doesn't mean I'm not prepared. " He said a bit annoyed.


" Prepared, humph I fail to see how being a lazy dog is prepared." She said obviously upset with his apparent carefree attitude.


" Dog ... Well, I'd rather be a lazy dog then ... " Lowering his head, Adam bit his tongue. He didn't want to start a fight, but at times she just got under his skin.


" Then what? "


" Forget it Teela ... I don't want to fight "


" No! Tell me what you were going to say. "


Teela wasn't sure why she was so hard on him lately. Everything was going fine up until two weeks ago. Their relationship was going through some changes that were new and scary to her. Adam had become a whole lot more aggressive lately, not only in word but also in action. He flirted with her openly and without fear. It unsettled her, and left her confused at how to respond.


Adam looked up and saw the scowl on her face. He still thought she was beautiful but her attitude was becoming worse and worse as the day's went on.


" Look, captain ... don't you have duties to perform or something? Or in other words leave me alone! "


" What?! ... " Teela just stared, he never got so formal with her. Something defiantly was happening to their relationship she noted.


" Bastard ... " She turned and began to walk away after the insult.


" Witch ... " Teela, stopped dead in her tracks. Adam's words were just a whisper, but they came across as if he yelled them.


" What did you call me?! "


Adam recalled when his feeling's for her had begun to change from that of a childhood friend to that of a man to a woman. It wasn't a big climatic event that caused it. Just one day as she was passing by he kept on looking. Her figure, and scent became hypnotic. Since this was the first time something like that had ever happened to him he sought to be very 'playful'whenever around her. But right now he had no intention of being playful.


" I called you an uptight no life having witch. " He said in an eerily calm manor.


" Witch ... Witch!! "


An enraged Teela ran up to the Prince who even though seeing her charge continued to sit in the same casual position Once she reached him, Teela raised her staff and swung aiming right for his head. Adam seeing this ducked, tumbled rolled a couple feet away and tried to leg sweep her. Teela, leaped over his attempted sweep and swung her staff back in an attempt to catch him off guard. Adam seeing her strike, did a backward roll to avoid the strike. Teela reacted by charging with her exceptional speed which caught Adam off guard. She swung her staff again and this time connected with his jaw sending him reeling back a couple feet.


" Ow!!, that hurt! I never knew you witches ... could hit so hard. " His statement only seemed to infuriate Teela more as she charged at him again.


" I'll make you pay for insulting me!! " She yelled.


" Like you should talk. Who insulted who first Teela?" Replied Adam as he unsheathed his sword.


" Shut up!! If you weren't such a lazy good for nothing I wouldn't have to insult you! Some Prince you are ... "


Teela hoping the last part would shame some sense into him, didn't have long to contemplate if it did or not as their two weapons met with a resounding clang. Adam being obviously stronger pushed her off which sent her back a few feet. Deciding to give Teela a taste of her own medicine. Adam charged taking a swipe at her feet with his sword. Teela responded by back summersaulting a few feet away. Adam not being deterred by his miss charged again this time aiming for her torso. Teela being the more skilled fighter easily blocked the strike with the top of her snake staff. Using the other end of the staff she took out Adams legs sending him to the ground butt first.


" Hmph, prepared are we? ... If I were Skeletor you would be dead right now. " She said with a disgusted look on her face.


Smiling, Adam responded. " Well, I don't see you wearing a hood and having a skeleton for a face so I presume your not him. But ... it wouldn't surprise me to find out tha ... --" He was interrupted by another strike from her staff across his jaw.


" Shut up you bastard! You have no right to insult me! " She said with glossy eyes.


Seeing this Adam smirked that her pride was hurt a little. " What happened? The brave bad warrior princess had her feelings hurt? ... If you can't take it, then don't start it Teela. Why is it that you must constantly berate me? I never do that to you. "


Angrily she responded. " Because you need to take your responsibilities more seriously! If you were a real man like He-Man you wou ... --"


" And what would you know about being a real man? " He said while raising himself from off the ground and dusting himself off.


" The way you talk about He-Man at times I would say your in love with him. " He said angrily after being compared to his alter ego.


She hesitated slightly not entirely sure how to answer. " Whether I love him or not doesn't matter .. What matter's is the fact that the Prince of Eternia is a lazy good for nothing! "


" If you only knew Teela ... If you only knew. "


Now standing only a few inches away from Adam, Teela responded. " Know what? How Lazy you are? As I said a real man ... like He-Man would take his responsibilities more seriously. "


" Shove it Teela, if you love He-Man so much why don't you go offer yourself to him and become his whore. Or are you afraid he won't take you? ... Better yet, why don't you go groveling to him on your knee's? I'm sure a guy like him loves a woman to be in that position begging like she's an animal ... Surely then he won't refuse you. " Adam stated as his voice was dripping with malice and contempt.


The sound of flesh hitting flesh. The result of Teela's punch to Adam's jaw could be heard all through out the courtyard. Adam put his hand to his jaw shocked at what just happened. But what happened next was a surprise to both as Adam back slapped Teela sending her reeling to the ground.


Teela sat on the ground not really hurt physically by the blow but more emotionally. Adam in all the years they've known each other had never struck her. Not through all the insults not through anything but now that had changed ...


" How could you Adam? ... " She asked with tears welling up.


" How? ... "


Adam was in complete shock at what just took place. Teela his childhood friend, the woman he secretly loved. Sat flustered on the ground on the verge of tears after what he just did. But he didn't regret what just happened a part of him enjoyed doing that to her. A little revenge for all the insults through the years. His shocked expression soon turned to one of satisfaction at his handy work.


< No! I mustn't think like this. I can't fool myself into believing what happened was right. >


" Teela ... I ... I'm sorry. I'm sorry for what I said and even more for what I-I did ... "


He said extending his hand trying to help her up. But she would have none of it. She slapped away his hand and backed away from him like he had a deadly plague.


" Don't touch me ... Don't touch me ever again you bastard!! " She said running off into the Palace.


Adam stood completely dumbfounded, never would he of thought that this day which started out so beautifully would have ended up being such a disaster. He contemplated whether or not to go after her but his train of thought was interrupted by a voice coming from behind him.


" It's best to leave her be for now Adam. If she saw you so soon after, it would only make the situation worse." Recognizing it as Man-At-Arms, Adam prepared for what he thought would be a scolding or worse from Teela's father.


Seeing the worried look on his face Duncan tried his best to reassure the prince. " Don't worry Adam, I'm not upset with you. I'm not condoning what you did but ... she did need some sort of attitude adjustment. I just wished it wasn't such a harsh one."


" I'm sorry Duncan ... I really don't now what got into me, something in me just snapped." He said lowering his head shamefully.


" As I said don't worry about it to much Adam. In time Teela will come around, just give her a few days to calm down and get herself together. "


" I'll try ... I feel like such a heel. But I'm sure your right, you've never stared me wrong and it would be foolish for me to start doubting you now." He said giving Duncan a slight smile.


" Good, now onto the real reason why I came to see you. The Sorceress has been having visions of late. Disturbing visions of a possible crisis to Eternia."


" Crisis, what kind of crisis? " Asked the now startled prince.


" She isn't sure. The vision's aren't very clear but from what she's seen it has something to do with a man with a tail and great power. "


" Man with a tail? Great power? What kind of power would have the Sorceress worried?


" I also thought the same thing. Unfortunately she doesn't know much. All the Sorceress could tell me was every time she tries to focus in and get a clearer picture of what possibly could be on it's way, the share magnitude of it makes her recoil."


Stunned that anything could affect the Sorceress like that Adam understood the concern. " Wow ... This must be something incredible to effect her like that. "


" Adam ... I must go inform the other Master's, but there is one peace of info I shall only bestow to you as to not panic the others. Even though what the Sorceress knows is very vague, there was something she could clearly tell. Whatever this power is ... can destroy Eternia ..."


" Destroy Eternia ... that's impossible ..." Said an even more shocked prince.


" I thought so to, but she was insistent on that. And given her tone as she was telling me all this I'm inclined to believe her until proven otherwise. I'm sorry to worry you Adam but considering your our best hope if this force is evil I saw no other choice then to inform you as quickly as possible."


" I understand Duncan, I also see why you want to keep that part a secret from the others. What about my father does he know? "


" Yes, as King I had to alert him to the possible danger. He is making preparation's even as we speak. It's time that I go ... better if the others are informed as quickly as possible. "


" So long Duncan."


After saying their goodbyes, Adam tried to let everything he heard sink in. Never in all his years did he ever think that Eternia would be in danger of being destroyed. But nonetheless he was He-Man the most powerful man in the universe. There was nothing he and the other master's couldn't handle, or so he hoped.


<><><><><><><><> ;


A/N: Well, I'm curious to know what people think. DBZ shall come in the next chap. Please review it will help to inspire me. Also, if anyone has any suggestions feel free to tell me. I believe the key to writing good crossovers is not to focus on making one world better then the other. Instead just try and make them fit together like pieces of a jigsaw puzzle.