Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Road to Destruction ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

In a nick of time everything can change. The past is fading away and the future is arriving, the future that we're already familiar with. The future that we have to fight in order to survive.
But when you know that you can't lose fate, it's the most difficult quest to keep it.
I looked through the window my attention fixed on the surroundings of my compound. Lately I've found myself more on this spot. It was a feeling that I got when I looked outside when I saw him training. Each time I wanted to force myself not to care. Somehow that seemed impossible. My eyes followed his movements, every one of them filled with determination and grace.
Suddenly he stopped, my heart fell. In a blink of an eye I looked away terrified that he would catch me. My breathing quickened the thought of that he actually caught me was too much to handle. He couldn't know that I held some sort of fascination for him.

My eyes pulled me back at him, hoping that he was gone or that he began his training again. But none of them were true, he stood there as quiet as a statue. The only thing moving was his chest because of his breathing, though it looked more quick than normal. Probably because of his training. I sighed one last look and I walked away
I strolled down the stairs heading to the kitchen. My eyes widened noticing the figure at the table. Just a minute ago he was standing outside and now he was already here. His eyes followed me observing every movement that I made.

`'Vegeta'' I said finally to acknowledge his appearance while I walked to the counter. My posture stiff as he still had his eyes on me. He probably would catch it like a sign of fear. When it actually was complete the opposite. `'Woman'' he replied.

I poured myself a glass of juice, trying hard to keep the jug as still as possible. Exactly at that moment my mother came in storming, surprising me with her calling my name. My concentration broke which caused the jug to fall.

`'How clumsy of you Bulma'' my mother said giggling. I didn't replied to her and I looked down to the ground seeing the mess I made, broken pieces of glass now decorated the floor. I bent down to pick up the big pieces.

`'Mom, would you go get the cleaning bot from dad'' I asked. `'Of course, sweety'' she said cheerfully as she left the room humming a song to herself heading to the lab.
`'Damn it'' I yelled as my finger cut through a glass piece. My pale finger was slowly covering with my own blood. I stuck my finger in my mouth and sucked on it hoping that the stinging of the cut would go away. The taste of blood overflowed my senses. Disgusting.

I looked up and saw him staring at me which caused me to jump. A smirk was growing on his face he thought it was enjoyable seeing me this uptight around him.
`'What?'' I snarled at him trying to cover my uneasiness. `'Do you like to see me bleed, it's probably satisfying for your bloodlust isn't it?!'' I continued.

He silently stood up from the table, closing the large gap between us. With every step that he took I could feel my heart beaten faster. He bent down on one knee and grabbed my face surprisingly tender making sure that I looked him right in the eye. His hand went to my mouth wiping the red of my blood away. The small movement seemed to set me on fire. When I was sure that his hand was forever frozen on my lips his hand moved to my jaw stroking it while his gaze was fixed on my eyes.
After what looked like minutes he closed his eyes. He sighed and he opened his eyes slowly a sudden look of anger flashed through them. He stood up with his attention fixed on my finger.
`'A simple cut won't do, Woman'' he said looking up to my face making sure that I'm still reminded with his evil past. Which I was only not enough to behold me from him.