Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Scheme ❯ [Insert clever title for chapter 1] ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Argh! How much food can you eat?!" Buruma cried, exasperated. "It's a good thing I redesigned the engine, it never would have taken off with all this weight!"

Vegeta put the last crate of food capsules on the ship and smirked. "I can eat a hell of a lot of food, onna. When are you going to get the new engine in?"

"Should be in tonight," Buruma said, smiling sweetly. "I'll be sure to hurry it up so I can get rid of you faster."

"Thanks," Vegeta replied, barely listening as he walked off.

Buruma growled at the prince's rude behavior as she started work on the engine.

Hours later, she wiped the sweat from her brow as she finished installing the engine. "Kami, I'm thirsty. Vegeta won't miss one of his drinks..." She decided, as she strolled back onto the main deck of the ship. She grabbed a SoBe from a box buried in back. (A/N SoBe... Bliss... :p Greatest beverage ever!) She cracked open the lid and read aloud the cap*. " 'Lizardball Z'... Don't get it..." She shrugged and was about to raise the drink to her lips, when suddenly she saw movement out of the corner of her eye.

A creature was scurrying into the small room with all of the important systems set up in it. Buruma ran over to the room to get the animal out before it could damage any equipment, when she tripped and fell headfirst into the small compartment. With a wicked grin, or as close to a grin as a small, furry creature can get, the ferret that led her there spread sleeping powder around to knock Buruma out, then punched in a passcode to close the door on her.

<(x_x)>

The next morning, Vegeta came out to the ship after a silent breakfast.

*I wonder where the woman is... Oh well, doesn't matter as long as the new engine is in*

After spotting the old engine on the lawn for verification, Vegeta determined that it was okay to leave... To the delight of the furry little onlookers...

<(O_o)>

Hours later, Vegeta was heading to the kitchen of the ship after a smooth takeoff. As he was preparing to choose a meal, he heard a strange thumping noise from the back of the ship. He was about to ignore it and return to the food when he heard another noise. A muffled voice cried out, "Where am I?!"

Vegeta went to the back of the ship and opened the compartment, and to his shock, he found... boxes?

"Ow... my head..." said the wall of the closet.

Vegeta thought this was extremely odd, until he realized there was another closet adjacent to his current location. When he opened the door he was greeted by...

"VEGETA?!? Where the HELL are we?!?"

"Kami, woman, I can hear you!" Vegeta complained, rubbing his ears. "And if you'll look around, we're on the spaceship.

Buruma stared at Vegeta in shock for a moment, then promptly fainted again.

Vegeta caught Buruma before she hit the cold metal floor of the ship, and carried her to the bedroom quarters of the ship, mumbling, "Weak, baka, human onna..."

<(@_@)>

Buruma woke up in the bedroom about an hour later, rubbing her head as she looked around. When she remembered where she was, she no longer noticed the throbbing headache she had as she marched towards the exit of the room.

"VEGETA!"

The Saiyan no Ouji winced from his place in the kitchen, where he was eating instant noodles for lunch.

"Gods, Onna, must you be so damn loud?"

"Must you be so damn rude?" Buruma mimicked. "Why the HELL did you launch the ship, baka?"

"Because you said it would be done last night, and I assumed you would be out of the ship by that time."

"Nani?" She blinked in shock. "Last night? When is it now?"

He scowled, and told her, "It's Tuesday, about 12:30 PM or so."

Buruma gaped in shock for a moment. 12:30 *Tuesday*? She had just finished installing the engine at about 6 on Monday! How could this have...

"That compartment! I must have fallen in there and hit my head, or something... I don't remember anything after I finished the engine and got out a SoBe..."

"YOU TOOK MY SOBE?" Vegeta roared.

Buruma looked at the enraged prince, hiding her amusement at his rage. "Er, no. I brought one on with me."

Vegeta eyed her warily for a moment before deciding she was probably telling the truth. He nodded at her before turning back to his noodles, which he shoveled down quickly despite the fact that they had gone stone cold during their conversation.

Buruma watched the Saiyan eat for a bit, marveling at the speed with which he downed the food. *He eats just like Son-kun, except a lot neater. His food actually gets in his mouth most of the time,* she thought with a chuckle. *I guess it's because he's royalty, even Saiyans must have some standard of table manners.*

This train of thought was interrupted when she heard her own stomach growling. She realized she hadn't eaten since about the same time the previous day. She got up and walked over to the fridge to get a frozen pizza out.

"Hey, Veggie, want some pizza? I won't be able to eat it all myself."

"Don't call me that."

Buruma took that as a yes, and started to unwrap the pizza. "What kind of pizza do you like, Veggie? Veggie?" she asked with a grin.

Vegeta shot her a glare, then started to walk off. "I'm going to train," he said simply before he slammed the gravity room door.

~The Ferret Council~

"Status report."

"We have achieved objective one. The ship has departed, and we have our operative aboard to prevent hassles."

The ferret sitting at the edge of the table then did a very strange thing for a ferret to do. He put his hands together Monty Burns-style, grinned, and said, "Excellent."

*If ya don't know, all SoBes have weird little sayings on the caps that have to do with lizards or SoBe. One time my friend got "Dude, where's my SoBe?" :p It was great!

A/N This is my first fic! Please review! And please no flames, even if I am a bit of a pyro.

<(^-^)> ^(^-^)> <(^-^)^ <(^-^<) (>^-^)> <(O_O)> <(x_x)>