Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Sister Saga Revised ❯ Preface ( Prologue )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: I do not own DragonballZ or any of the characters contained therein. I do, however, partially own Mikomi and Asuke. If you want to use them (for some unknown reason), please ask permission first.
 
A/N: This story has been posted for a long time on this site, seeing as how it was my first ever DBZ fanfic. I decided it was about time I rewrote it, and made it comply with the site's standards. I haven't really changed any of the content, just the presentation.
 
When King Vegeta decided to rebel against Freiza, he had pods made to allow the royal children and leading minds of his race to escape if the rebellion failed. Shortly afterward, his wife gave birth to their youngest and last child, a preemie girl.
 
It was only a matter of months after their daughter's birth that the rebellion failed and Frieza was preparing to destroy Planet Vegeta. The pods were loaded and several dozen managed to get into space. Unfortunately, debris from the planet's explosion destroyed all but one of the pods.
 
The tiniest little princess's caretaker, Okara, was able to maneuver the pod behind a large moon which protected them from the blast. After their narrow escape, they flew away, hoping to get far enough to be safe from Frieza's galactic domination.
 
Eventually, as their fuel began to get low, Okara spotted a peaceful looking planet and decided to take the chance of landing. Fortunately, the inhabitants of Planet Muse were a peace loving people who did not want to harm any living creature. Instead of fighting with one another, they were able to focus on their art and science.
 
When the Musians heard Okara's terrible story of the destruction of Planet Vegeta, they were both sympathetic and a bit frightened. What if a threat like Frieza came to their peaceful planet? It was decided that since Musian DNA made their race a mostly timid and peaceful one, having a royal Saiyan around would be a good strategy for self-defense should anyone seek their destruction. A large home was built, complete with training facilities for the princess and Okara.
 
When Princess Vegeta was three, she began school with all the other children of the planet, as was their custom. There she learned much about art and science, but when she came home, her real training began. Okara knew if Saiyans or another strong race were sent as shock troops for Frieza, little Princess Vegeta, or Mikomi as the Musians called her, wouldn't stand a chance without intense training resulting in a significant power increase from that of her late father, the king. So, they trained daily in hopes that if/when an attack came, the princess might at least give the Musians time to escape as she herself had done years earlier.
 
By the time she was eight, Mikomi had become a formidable warrior. She had even bested her loyal servant and teacher, Okara. Still, she continued her training, becoming stronger and stronger, nearing a warrior's perfection by her people's standards.
 
One day, Okara looked as though he was not feeling particularly well. Mikomi had faith the Musians would be able to save his life, but Okara refused. He then proceeded to tell the princess the story of exactly who she was and her origins. He also told her legends to make your head spin, especially one about the legendary Super Saiyan as his final parting gift, giving her new heights for which to aspire.
 
Shortly after Okara's death, news of Saiyans in a nearby solar system reached the Musians. In a last attempt to save their race, the Musians began preparing for an escape, while Mikomi intensified her already rigorous training.
 
A few months later, a rumor, saying Frieza was dead, reached Planet Muse. Everyone was ecstatic, but it was decided that everyone must stay prepared to flee, just in case the rumor proved false. Being far from the supposed location of Frieza's demise, the information could have been distorted over the many years it took to reach the planet, making a mere defeat become his death.
 
The Musians decided to send a small scout group to find the Saiyans who were reported to have defeated Frieza. According to rumors, they had narrowed the location of the Saiyans' home base to a nearby solar system.
 
The first person chosen for the mission was a very bright scientist by the name of Asuke. Asuke was very quiet and shy, but absolutely brilliant and completely reliable. She was chosen to pilot the ship and gather all possible data about the strange solar system she was to explore.
 
Even though Asuke was more than capable of handling the mission of data collection on her own, it was decided she would need means of protection, should she come under hostile fire from natives of the system or the Saiyans residing there themselves. The obvious choice: Mikomi. Not only was she a warrior and very intelligent in her own right, but it was a chance for her to meet others of her race and she wasn't about to let anything or anyone get in her way of finding out more about her past than a dead language and fairy tales.
 
So, with lots of fanfare and well wishes, Asuke and Mikomi started out for the adventure of a lifetime, or maybe even two.
 
A/N: I wasn't exactly sure where to fit this bit of information in, so I thought I'd just add it on here. Musians look like humans if humans had angelic wings, funky hair colors, cat-shaped ears and tails. Asuke herself has blue hair and purple eyes and her clothing is always covered by her trademark white lab coat. I just thought I might add that in before signing off. One last thing: if you are interested in seeing the original, check out http://www.mediaminer.org/fanfic/view_st.php/14891