Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Story of You and Me ❯ CHIBI PAST I ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

disclaimers: Do I really have to? Sigh. I do not own DBZ....:(

This is Yaoi, boyxboy love. Dont like then please leave! Flames will not be tolerated for if you flame me than you are a narrowminded kisama. With that said...

Warnings for this chapter: Sigh, this has a cute, fluffy scene between Chibi Goten and Chibi Trunks. I'm sorry if this innocent display offends you. Give me a break. I just want to write a great fic! ^_^

THE STORY OF YOU AND ME

"Trunks! Trunks!" came a high-pitched voice from a nearby forest. Running, with a small dinosaur tagging along side was a small child of around eight. Huge, bright brown eyes stared at the taller, older, lavendar haired boy. The elder smirked, jumping from his place on the swing, relief clearly written in his cerulean eyes. The now nine-year old Trunks approached his best friend since infancy.

"Goten! I wasn't..wasn't sure if you were going to make it." Trunks bit his lip to prevent from crying at the sheer joy that spread through his entire body upon seeing the ebony haired boy. Today was his birthday and it had seemed Goten wasn't going to show, his mother not liking Goten spending his time around Trunks family, most notably his father Vegeta.

"Of coures I came! Onissan let me after telling Mommy that he was going to run away and drop out of school if she didn't." Goten blushed, producing something from behind his back that he had kept hidden from Trunks' view. He handed it to the curious boy, advoiding the intense stare. "I brought this for your birthday. It..It's a token of our friendship. I have one too and if we both have one then we'll be friends forever!"

Trunks opened the perfectly packaged box, about the size of his palm. It was clearly shown that Chichi had wrapped the gift from the detailed bow to the non-creased wrapping paper. Trunks's eyes went wider. Sitting in the box was a ring clasped to a necklace. He and Goten's initials were carved inside. Tears flecked in the older boy's eyes as he wrapped his arms around the smaller frame. Goten tensed for a few seconds and then gave into the embrace, mimicking Trunks. Trunks sighed against the raven locks, tears rolling lazily downside his cheeks to spill into Goten's hair. Finally, in a shaky voice, he said, "Thank you so much Goten....." He nuzzled Goten affectionately. "I love you so much Chibi."

By now, Goten was crying too. The prince held his friend closer, going to sit on the swing again. Trunks cradled the boy to him. Speaking, Goten in a shaken voice, "Does it really mean that much to you Trunks?"

"It does Chibi...so much!" He gave Goten a squeeze.

Goten snuggled into Trunks arms, whispering. "I love you too Trunks. Trunks...we won't ever stop being friends, will we? I mean, we will be together forever, won't we."

"Of course we will Chibi. I promise."

"I promise too. Happy Birthday Trunks." Goten tilted his head, surprised to see the tears still flowing from Trunks eyes. Two small fingers wiped the offending drops aside, leaving Trunks shivering in the wake of the tender touch. "Don't cry Trunks, please. I'm sorry if I did something wrong? What was it?"

"Nothing Goten...I'm just really happy right now." Goten merely smiled cheerfully, cuddling against Trunks neck. Trunks closed his eyes, resting his head against Goten's. "Chibi," Trunks whispered. Goten raised his head, staring into Trunks eyes. He had always been fascinated by the color, so mysterious. For several minutes, neither moved or spoke, merely taking the essence the other brought. Trunks lowered his head, their noses almost touching. He wasn't sure what was prompting him to do this, not sure why, but if just feel so right for the moment. Trunks brushed his lips against Goten's, the younger boys body trembling slightly. A chaste kiss was planted on Goten's lips, as if to always remind the other of their bond. Trunks drew Goten into his lap, resting against the back of the swing, holding his best friend tightly as if he let go, then all would be nothing more than a dream. He held onto Goten, wanting nothing more than to spend the rest of his birthday with the younger boy in his arms.