Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Valentine's Game ❯ The Valentine's Game ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Note Pt. 1: HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY! This is definitely one of my most favorite days of the year. So filled with love :D Anyhoo, here is my first Valentine's Fic. Of course it's a one-shot. I hope you will enjoy it! This story takes place right after the Androids have been defeated.
Disclaimer: Yeah well, you already know that I don't own Dragonball Z. I do have all the episodes though, lol. So does that count for something?
The Valentine's Game
Vegeta crossed his arms as he walked the streets of Satan City. He decided to take a break from his training since they defeated the Androids six months ago. Thee times of peace were certainly better than the very hectic and stressful times that have plagued them, still they were very boring. Although times have been laxed, Vegeta didn't spend very much time with Bulma or his son. Most of his time was spent training. He also used this time to think. He had feelings for her the moment he laid eyes of her when they were on Namek and those feelings continued to grow as they began living together. Of course he never admitted this. He would never forget their first intimate night together. It was a stormy night and Bulma was upset over her recent break-up with that weakling human male, Yaumcha. She needed someone to console in and for that one night, he put his pride aside and comforted her. This was the same night that Trunks was conceived. Bulma had been in love with him even before that night according to her. He never understood that emotion. He also thought that it could make you weak. But in all honesty, although he was on of the most powerful being in all of the universe, something so simple as her smile could bring him to his knees. Recently, he had been trying to tell her how much he cared for her by coming around more and spending time with their son, but she never got the hint and they always ended up arguing. That what he gets for always being so sarcastic with her. He used to be the one to initiate the arguments because he liked getting her all angry, but this wasn't the case anymore. How could he possibly tell her how he felt without saying the actual words?
Vegeta continued walking into the shopping district to see lots of heart balloons and stores done up in the colors of red, pink, and white. What the hell was this? He walked into one of the stores to be greeted by a rather chipper older woman covered in the hideous colors.
“Hello Sir.” She gave him a very toothy grin. “Happy Valentine's Day!”
“Valentine's Day?” Vegeta turned his head in confusion. “What the hell is that?”
The old woman laughed. “Oh, don't be silly. Everyone knows about Valentine's Day. It's a day for saying `I Love You'. Do you have a special someone that you are shopping for today?”
Vegeta just looked at her clueless. She sweat dropped.
“Well,” The old woman said thinking. “What does she like?”
“How in the hell am I supposed to know!
“Ok. Don't worry, you're the typical man. Let me show you what we have.” The woman took Vegeta by the arm and started dragging him around, showing him things from teddy bears, to nighties, which he liked very much, and the last stop was in front of a huge bouquet of red roses.
“So, did you see anything that you think she would like?”
Vegeta glared at the woman. “I'll take one of everything in your store.”
“Excuse me?” The woman said shocked.
“You heard me. And I want those weeds you have right there.” He said, pointing to the roses.
“Wow, you must really care about her. She is definitely one lucky lady.”
Vegeta humphed and watched the lady pick the items out. He didn't know Bulma's exact size, so he got her a small. She would look good in it either way.
“Sir, would you like one of these cards to go on the flowers?” She said as she put the finishing touches on his package. She put a few small cards in front of him and he looked them over carefully. They all had little messages on them, but there was only one card that said `I Love You' and he picked it. “Would you like to write something on it? Perhaps your name?”
“There is no need. She will know who it is from.”
Vegeta paid for his purchase and decided to go home. Bulma would be home from work soon and he wanted to see her face when he presented her with these gifts.

Bulma sighed as she walked through the door to her home. She decided to take a short day at work. Today was Valentine's Day, a holiday that she had long forgotten and it almost made her sick to see all of the love going on around her job. Employees were getting flowers, gifts and phone calls from their significant others. The saying for today was definitely `I Love You'. She was sure that she would only hear those words from her parents, and that's only if she ran into them. If her baby could talk, he would surely say it. She didn't even think about Vegeta. That man didn't have one emotion in his entire being other than hate. Her thoughts went back to Trunks and she decided to go check up on him. His nursery was just outside of her room. When she walked in, she noticed that he was alone and sleeping. Her mother was supposed to be watching him. Maybe she went to get something to eat from the kitchen. That would be her next stop.
Bulma leaned into baby Trunks' crib and smiled as she watched him sleep. He was the perfect picture of innocence and serenity. She softly touched his cheeks. He would be two years old soon. Trunks had her eyes and Vegeta's features. He was definitely going to be handsome when he grows up. She laughed to herself as she almost forgot that she already saw his future self. He was such a caring boy, so unlike his father. Bulma noticed him waking and she gently picked him up into her arms and bounced him lightly.
“Hey there my little man.” She cooed. “Why can't your Daddy be more like you?” Bulma sighed. Guess she would never know.
Mrs. Briefs walked into the kitchen just as Vegeta set the glass vase full of red roses down on the kitchen table.
“Well hello, Vegeta.” Mrs. Briefs said ever so bubbly. “My, those are some beautiful roses you have there. Are those for Bulma?”
“Who else would they be for?” Vegeta said rather impatiently. “Where is the Woman?”
“I think she's still at work. Well, let me get back to my adorable little grandson. He's sleeping right now and I don't want him to wake up alone.” She said and walked over to the kitchen counter. She picked up two plates full of food and set it down in front of him. “I made you some lunch. Eat up!” With that, Mrs. Briefs left the room.
Vegeta sat and ate in silence for about five minutes when Bulma walked in. She walked past him like he wasn't even there and grabbed a diet coke out of the refrigerator. Her hair was hanging in its short bob with bangs just stopping just below her eyebrows. She was wearing a white blouse, a knee length khaki skirt, and high heel sandals to make her look taller. When she turned around, he noticed that her shirt was only buttoned halfway buttoned, revealing some of her creamy chest. He couldn't wait to see her in that red nightie.
Bulma turned around to see Vegeta and her heart skipped a beat. She mentally cursed at herself for still having such strong feelings for him. He was looking at her with a hint of lust in his eyes. Why couldn't he look at her in any other way? She was taken aback by the beautiful red roses also sitting on the table.
“These are so pretty.” Bulma said, as she carefully fingered the soft petals and smelled the nice scent. “Whose are these, Vegeta?”
Vegeta stared at her in anger. “There yours, Woman.”
“Mine?” Bulma said surprised. “Interesting. I haven't received a Valentine's Day gift in so long. I wonder who sent them.” She noticed the card that read `I Love You', and got even more curious.
“Are you fucking serious!” Vegeta said shocked.
“Yeah. I wonder. Hmm…”
Vegeta gritted his teeth. Surely she wasn't that clueless.
As Bulma was thinking, her Mother walked into the room.
“Hi, Bulma dear. I see you're home early. Did you see the nice flowers that-”
“I got it!” Bulma interrupted, snapping her fingers. “Yaumcha.”
“What?” Mrs. Briefs and Vegeta asked in unison.
“It was Yaumcha who sent these flowers.”
Mrs. Briefs blinked twice. “Oh, no honey. You're wrong.”
“It's gotta be. I mean, who else could it be? Vegeta?” Bulma laughed hard. She laughed so hard that she had to walk out of the room. “That was hilarious!”
“Oh dear.” Mrs. Briefs said, putting a hand to her mouth. “I'll go tell her that the flowers were from you.”
“No. Don't bother.” Vegeta said as his lips formed into a smirk. “I'll play this little game for a little while. Just let her think that idiot brought her these. She'll find out soon enough. Besides, it will be worth it to see how humiliated she will be when she finds out.”
“Well, alright, Vegeta.” Mrs. Briefs chimed. “Ahh to be young and in love.” She spaced out for a moment, but was brought back to reality by a loud scream coming from Bulma's room. Both she and Vegeta went to see what was wrong. Mrs. Briefs looking concerned and Vegeta was smirking.
Bulma was leaning on her closed door when they reached her.
“What's wrong, sweetie?” her Mother said.
“Did you let him in here?” Bulma said through clenched teeth.
“Who?”
“C'mon Mom, don't play. I'm talking about Yaumcha. Look at what he did to my room!” Bulma opened the door and Mrs. Briefs gasped at how Bulma's room was filled with all sorts of Valentine's Day trinkets. Many of them saying `I Love You'.
“Nice.” Mrs. Briefs said more to Vegeta.
“No, Mom it's not! Look at this!” She held the skimpy nightie in front of her Mother's face. “OOH! I'm gonna get him for this! I'm going to go over there right now and give him a piece of my mind. She looked at Vegeta and noticed his smirk. He loved it and she was hating it.
“I don't know why you are grinning. You would never do anything like this!”
“Really?” His smirk growing more and more. He crossed his arms across his chest.
“Yes, really. Stop throwing it in my face that you don't care about me!” Bulma brushed past the two and ran out the door.
“She's pretty upset, Vegeta.” Mrs. Briefs said.
“She'll come around soon enough.” Vegeta humphed. “I can't believe she thinks that fool is doing all of these things for her.”

Bulma got into her car and sped off in the direction of Yaumcha's house. She was going to make him take all of that shit out of her room. This had to be the worst Valentine's Day ever. It would be different if those things were from Vegeta. She laughed again. Vegeta would NEVER do something like that, although she wished that he would. She didn't know how he felt about her, if he even felt anything at all. She had been in love with him as soon as he started living with her and that was over three years. She told him, but he never said it back, and he had been avoiding her for so long. Maybe he really didn't care. She shook all of her thoughts as she pulled into Yaumcha's driveway. She got out of her car, practically ran to the door, and started knocking frantically.
“Yaumcha! Open up!” she yelled. Finally he opened the door with a towel wrapped around his waist.
“Bulma! What's up? I haven't seen you in a while.”
“Oh, don't give me that!” Bulma fumed as she poked him in the chest.”
“What's wrong?”
“Don't act stupid. You know very well what's wrong! Why did you put all of that crap in my room today?”
“What crap?” Yaumcha said confused. What was she talking about?
“Does this look familiar?” she said as she held up the red nightie, causing him to blush. “You Perv!”
Yaumcha shook it off. “Bulma, you're wrong. I've been here all day.”
“Yeah right!”
“C'mon, Bulma. We've been broken up for so long, why would I do something like that. Besides I'm dating someone.”
“I still wouldn't put it past you.” She rolled her eyes. She knew that he was telling the truth because he really seemed confused. If he did do those things, he would have gave up this charade by now. “So if you didn't do it. Then I wonder…No. It couldn't be. Surely he wouldn't.” she gasped.
Yaumcha eyes her curiously. “Why couldn't?”
Bulma's shock turned to pure happiness. “Never mind.” She said as she kissed him on the cheek. “I gotta go! Nice seeing you again, and Happy Valentine's Day!” With that, Bulma jumped in her car and drove off leaving behind a very confused Yaumcha.
“Women. I swear I'll never understand them.” He shook his head and closed his door.

Vegeta laid in his bed flipping through channels on the TV. It was getting late and he was getting rather bored with this little guessing game that he was having with the Bulma. He turned off the TV and shut off the lights. It was 11:50 and this blaster would be over soon enough.
A few minutes later, there was a knock at his door. He ignored it, thinking that it was her annoying Mother and growled when it opened. He sat up when the lights came on and he smirked when he saw Bulma standing in his doorway in the red nightie he purchased for her earlier. It fit her perfectly. She gave a seductive grin and lunged at him. She ended up on top of him and captured his lips. He responded almost immediately by slowly entering his tongue and wrapping his arms around her waist. She broke the kiss and looked him in his eyes. “I love you too, Vegeta.” She smiled.
He ran his hands through her hair. So she finally got it.
“I'm sorry I doubted that it was you, but you have to admit, it was very uncharisteristic of you.”
“Oh shut up, Woman and enjoy the moment. I was trying to do something `nice' for you.”
Bulma smiled and hugged him. “I do appreciate it.” She said as she drew circles on his bare chest. “Let me show you how much I love you.” Their night would be very eventful.
This was the best Valentine's Day ever!
The End.
Author's Note Pt. 2: Aww :) So what did you think? Please review and have a safe and wonderful Valentine's Day! I know I will. Oh! And while you're reading, check out my new fic, Forbidden and tell me what you think.
Ja!
SP