Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Therapy ❯ Krillin ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I think you get it by now.

A/N: Good Dende, am I ever suffering! Everyone I know has writer's block, so right now no writing or reading! Well, at least no writing except in Chem. class.

*******

Krillin, Krillin, Krillin. What more can I say besides Krillin is Krillin. He is in my mind, the lovable Charlie Brown (who I also don't own) of the Z-senshi. Everywhere he goes, trouble follows. Poor guy.

Needless to say, Krillin is another patient of mine. A short, joking, luckless cutie who, understandably has some issues. Not only does he have issues, but he causes issues, which is another story all together. Here is just an account of one of his many visits to my office.

*******

On this particular day, I had plans, something very unusual for me. I usually either go to school, or sit at home on my tushie all day, and since we got the computer and Internet service, I live on it as well. (Some of you reading this can testify to the truth in that last statement!)

It was summer, so I didn't have school (unlike right now) and no one needed me at home, so I made a phone call and then informed my mother of my plans as I walked out the door.

"I'm going to Teasha's! I have a cell phone. No talking to strangers. No drugs, unprotected sex, or alcohol, and I promise I'll try to be nice. I'll be back my morning, bye!" If you guys only knew Teasha, you'd see the humor in all this. In town there are no strangers, Teasha's never seen, much less none drugs or alcohol. Her family gets a kick out of my mean streak and the only males for miles are her grandfather and a few animals. (Ew!)

When I arrived at Teasha's, she was waiting for me. At that moment, I realized something was going on that I most likely would not enjoy. I knew Teasha had given in too easily to the idea of my coming to visit!

"Mar!" She was beaming as she walked to my car and gave me a hug, a bit too enthusiastically to my tastes.

"What's going on?" I asked.

Teasha responded with, "Nothing," and lead me to the back yard. There was most definitely something going on. There is nothing in her backyard but a rusty old riding mower, a pasture, and a shed full of junk. Well, she sure didn't led me to the pasture and she never wants anything to do with the mower, so the shed it was.

"Um, what exactly are we doing back here?" I inquired as Teasha opened the shed door, revealing a room filled with cardboard Avon boxes. At that moment, I figured out what she had in mind for the day, but I wasn't about to let her know I knew.

Teasha turned to me, beaming. "Remember that garage sale?"

"Yeah."

"Well, I thought we could go through all that stuff I have piled in the shed."

"I knew it! You gave in because you wanted to put me to work!" I exclaimed.

"No! I um…I wanted you to keep me company while I work!" Teasha attempted a quick recovery. Of course I wasn't about to buy it. She had wanted to put me to work all along and had tricked me into coming over because she knew I would get irritated watching her try to do things all wrong. She knows me way too well. Maybe I should find a new therapist who won't use the information they learn about me during sessions against me at later dates.

I decided I might as well just give in and help since I would sooner or later anyway. I climbed in the shed and handed a box to Teasha. "Take this in the house." She obeyed and I grabbed two more and followed her inside.

Eventually, we had the entire living room filled with boxes, our hair filled with dust, and about three boxes sorted. Things were not going quickly. This was most definitely going to be an all day task.

Just as I pulled the fifth box out and opened the lid, we heard a knock at the door. Since Teasha was surrounded by boxes and unable to move an inch, and I practically live there anyway, I got up to answer.

"Hi," I said as I opened the door. I looked around and didn't see anyone.

"Who is it?" Teasha asked.

"Um…I don't see anyone."

At that a voice said, "Look down here."

I complied and low and behold there was a short little cutie pie there! It was Krillin! The shortest case I'd ever had! (No pun intended of course. Okay, so I can't help the short jokes. It's just too easy!)

"Hey! K-man! What's up (Obviously not him!)?!?" I asked. Of all my patients, I have to admit that Krillin and I probably get along the best. I wonder if it's because he gives me a boost (Get it?) of self-esteem or what.

"I, uh went to your house and your mom said you were over here. Are you too busy for a, um chat?" Krillin asked self-consciously.

"Teashabamon, can you handle things by yourself for a little while? I think I have an unscheduled session that needs my attention," I told Teasha. (Teashabamon is a name another friend gave Teasha because she loves Digimon and we honestly think it stinks, so she was making fun of her.)

I heard a noise, saw a few boxes fall, and then a small voice called out, "I'm fine! No, really, just use my room. I'll see you in a little while, if I can get out!" Unfortunately, this was no surprise to me. Teasha is always doing things like that, and to think that she's my therapist. What am I doing to these poor guys and gals? Whatever it is, it can't be good.

"Thank you Teasha. We'll be back in a little while and if you haven't found your way out by then, we'll help," I called laughing my booty off as I lead Krillin down the hallway to Teasha's room.

"Here we are. It's really nice in here even though Teasha would argue with me about that, and I'll show you something cool," I told Krillin as I walked to Teasha's entertainment center and turned one angel figurine two degrees to the left. "When she comes in here, you'll see something really funny. She thinks her room is a mess, but if you move one thing the slightest bit, she'll notice and freak! I love torturing her!" I was getting excited thinking of the show Teasha was sure to put on later when she finally got up and into her room.

"Um, that's great," Krillin replied half-heartedly. Now that was weird. Krillin is a bit of a practical joker himself, that's why I had moved the angel in the first place. I had figured he would get a kick out of it, but he was acting like he had something dire on his mind.

"Hey, K-Man, what's on your mind? (Not much on it, but there sure is a lot above it! Sorry, I really just can't help myself!)" I asked with concern as I sat on the bed in front of Krillin, who was sitting cross-legged on the floor.

"Nothing much, I'm just a little depressed that's all," he replied. Okay, why do all my patients have to fight me? No matter how many times they come to see me or what dirt I have on them, I have to drag out whatever it is. Why can't they for once just friggin' tell me what's bugging them?!?

"Well, why are you depressed? You usually hang around Goku and I can't see anyone staying depressed around him. Irate maybe, but depressed, never."

"Goku's the person I'm mad at!" Krillin replied rather forcefully. This I just couldn't understand. Goku and Krillin are best friends and they usually get along so well. What could have possibly happened to cause Krillin to be so angry with Goku?

"What did Goku do?" I asked.

"It's not just what he's done, but what he hasn't done either."

I was really starting to get confused. Goku did something to make Krillin upset, but he didn't do anything and that made Krillin upset. I know that at times I sound like a blonde, but in truth I'm a brunette slightly on the red side, so I'm no idiot. Not that blondes are idiots (One blonde made me feel really stupid the other day.), but I'm just making a point. If I have hurt your self-esteem or just plain offended you, just send me an email or let me know in your review and we can have a session. Free of charge! (I'd never charge anyone for the things I'll do to your mind because you'll need the money when you seek professional help to correct all the damage I will cause!)

"Would you care to elaborate, Krillin?" I had to know what was going on with the wee man. (There I go again with the short jokes.) If Goku had really done something, I was probably going to be seeing him too before much longer.

"It's just that Goku gets everything! He always wins, always saves the day, and he gets the girl! He's a complete buffoon and everyone loves him! He's a Kami *censored* glory hog, that's what he is!" Krillin shouted at me like I was the cause of all his problems.

"Wait a darn minute!" I replied to him a bit loudly, I'm sure, since my head was filled with a ringing from his previous outburst. I then acted like Goten and "cleaned out" my ears in an attempt to regain some of my formerly perfect hearing.

"Teasha is in the next room. If you don't want her in the middle of this, you had best keep it down. Secondly, this session is brought to you courtesy of my golden heart, so if you yell at me again, I'm going to go into *censored* mode and kick your *censored* out of here and you can forget about any future sessions."

Krillin looked at his hands, which were folded in his lap. "I'm sorry about yelling like that. I really appreciate you listening and everything. I'm just so upset at Goku."

"Why don't you just tell me what all has happened. Believe it or not, I might have a little advise for you. I've never led you astray before, have I?" I braced myself for what I knew was coming. I had left myself wide open for that one and I knew it.

"Well, there was that one time when," Krillin started before I cut him off.

"Okay, so I gave you some bad advise one time! Will you get over it?!? One friggin' time! And it wasn't like it was something important or anything! No, it was dating advice. How was I to know she was allergic to roses? It's not like I did it on purpose or anything. I wish you'd just drop it already!" I exclaimed in frustration.

"Okay, I'll forgive and forget. You wanted to know when all the problems with Goku started….Well, that was back when we first met and were training under Master Roshi. Goku found the rock, and I tricked him and stole it, so I got supper and then supper turned out to be inedible! Goku won that round. And then there was," Krillin rambled on and on as my eyelids dropped, so I just scooted backward on the bed until my back was against the wall, tuned back into Krillin's story to see how far along he was, and seeing as how he was just getting warmed up, took a nap.

When I awoke, Krillin had moved on to more recent happenings. "Then at the end of the day, after having won the tournament, he gets married! I couldn't believe it! He didn't know what a wife was and he got married! I know what a wife is, I even know what you're supposed to do with a wife, but who gets married first? Goku!"

"Krillin, I'm really having fun listening to your life story and all, but please tell me what the latest thing Goku did was. I'm begging you! If you tell me one more ridiculous story about what happened at the Kame House, I'm going to tear your tongue out and shove it down your throat! Understand?" I hated to be so harsh, but enough is enough! I couldn't take anymore. I looked up at the clock and realized Teasha had been in there alone for about and hour now, and knowing her, she was still trapped beneath the multitude of boxes which had cascaded down on her earlier.

In reply, Krillin swallowed hard, took a deep breath, and started. "Well, we were fighting a really bad Saiyan named Vegeta. Now he was an awesome fighter with more power than I had ever dreamed possible! Well, when Gohan and I arrived, Goku was pretty much out of the fight, so it was up to us to save the day. Thankfully, we were up to the task."

Once again growing impatient, I cleared my throat signaling to Krillin I was getting upset once again.

"Um, then everyone was out and Vegeta was crawling to his pod. I picked up Yajirobe's sword and was about to put an end to Vegeta's tyranny when Goku started talking to me inside my head. Just as I was about to stab Vegeta, Goku told me not to! I couldn't believe it! After all Vegeta had done and all he had sworn to do, Goku wanted me to let him leave!

"Being the good friend I am, I agreed and let Vegeta escape, and you want to know who got all the credit for the fight? Goku! I would have been the one who saved the world this time had it not been for Goku. He stole my one time in the limelight! I hate him! For once, I want to be recognized for my contributions! Just once instead of Goku taking all the credit!" Krillin poured his heart and soul out to me.

Poor Krillin, he just wanted some R-E-S-P-E-C-T. Who could blame the little guy? He works just as hard as everyone else, he can't help it if he was born a human instead of Saiyan like Goku. Now, what to tell him? It's not like I can really do anything about it, and there's nothing anyone can say to make him feel better. I know, because there are plenty of times I feel overworked and under appreciated. What to do?

"Listen to me, Krillin. I know that you work real hard and it seems like no one ever gives you the credit you deserve, but I personally appreciate what you do and so do plenty other people. Besides, you didn't do everything for the praise; you did it because it's right. That's more important any way and the people who really matter know what you do and they appreciate everything."

I was racking my brain for a solution. Anything to make Krillin feel better about himself, when an idea came to as if sent by Kami himself!

"Krillin, hang on for a minute. I just remembered I have a phone call I need to make. I'll be back as soon as I'm done," I explained as I grabbed Teasha's cordless phone and headed outside to make my call.

As I passed through the living room, I was happy to see Teasha. Not only could I see her, but she was completely free of the boxes, sitting on the couch watching television.

"Hey! It's good to see you again. I didn't think you'd be out yet," I called as I walked past.

"I'm okay, really," Teasha replied. "How's the session going and where are you going with my phone?"

"I have to make a call and I don't want Krillin to hear. It's a surprise," I answered her.

"What are you planning?"

"I'm going to have everyone tell Krillin how much they appreciate him, that's what I have planned. It's for someone else's good, so back off." I went outside to the backyard and dialed Bulma collect. She's rich enough; she can pay for a collect call from me.

We talked for a few minutes as I divulged the details of my plan. When I was finished, I walked back inside the house, told Teasha I was almost finished, and went back to her room where Krillin was waiting patiently, I might add, for my return.

"I'm back. Look Krillin, you need to quit worrying about what other people think of you and just do what you think is right. That's all that matters. Let the past go and look forward to the future. There are people who appreciate you and there will be more in the future, so cheer up little pal!" I said as I walked in, trying to end the session so I could get finished helping Teasha and take a nap. I rush my patients a lot so that I can take a nap, don't I? Does that make me a bad therapist? Well, doctors rush their patients so they can go play golf; I guess it's about the same.

"I think I'll be okay now. I feel better just having told someone how I feel." Krillin did seem happier and much more content. We had come a long way is such a short period of time.

"By the way, while you were out making that phone call, Teasha came in here and freaked out! She took one look inside the room and ran over to straighten that angel. Is that what you were planning on happening?" Krillin asked. Honestly, I had forgotten all about that angel, but that was exactly what I had known would happen. Teasha just can't stand it when something in her room is misplaced, especially by someone else.

"Yeah, that's what I figured she would do. She's kinda funny like that. Anyway, I think you need to get back to Master Roshi's island and continue your training, and if you ever need my help again, you know how to reach me," I said, rushing him out the front door. I was really eager for that nap. I wonder if it could have anything to do with my staying up all night on the computer writing and chatting? Well, chatting mostly. I think that's also why chapters seem to be coming much more slowly now than they were.

As soon as Krillin was out the front door, I closed and locked it before turning to answer Teasha's questions.

"What exactly was all that about?" she asked first off.

"Krillin was feeling under appreciated, so I called in a favor to Bulma. She's over at Master Roshi's with what's left of the gang, planning a party for Krillin, just because they care. I think it'll show him people do care about him and the contributions he makes to the Earth's Special Forces. That's all he really needs right now anyway. I think he'll be just fine," I related the session to Teasha, who wasn't paying the least bit of attention to me because Hamtaro was on. I can't believe she watches that show voluntarily!

We spent the rest of the day sorting boxes and cleaning up the living room, and yes, I did get my nap. I'm sure everyone out there was real worried about that too.

Well, the next day I got a call from Bulma saying the party had been a real success and Krillin was doing great. I was so glad to hear it. Once again though, I knew my patient and knew he'd be back and most likely with a worse problem, one a party wouldn't solve. Then what would I do? Oh well, I'll get there when the time is right.

*******

A/N: So, what did you think? Leave me a review and let me know. To be honest, I'm not one hundred percent sure who will be next. I do plan on writing a Mirai Trunks session, but you'll have to give me time for that one. I have some ideas for sessions with Goku and Bulma, Videl, Puar, and Hercule. If anyone has any requests, tell me and I just might give it a whirl! Also, if you would like an email whenever I update, let me know. Review, now and until next time, Peace and Out.