Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Thrown Away ❯ TA<>6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Y'all probably really hate me for the cliffy, but me, I couldn't resist! So read on, and enjoy!

Also, this fic is not nearing its end. It's getting there but, it ain't there yet! Seeing Vegeta again and (maybe) setting the record straight isn't enough to end the fic on!

X|-|X

"You," Vegeta accused, staring hard at this half-brother. For once slightly fearful, Bulma stepped out of the Prince's way as he advanced on the slightly younger Saiyajin.

"If you two are going to fight, you had better take it outside. Are you even listening to me?" Bulma ordered, a bit flustered by their apparent lack of attention. She rolled her eyes and folded her arms beneath her breasts as she leaned back against the door.

"What the heck is she going on about?" Suteru questioned in Standard. Vegeta ground his teeth at the obvious attempt to belittle him by not speaking in their own language.

"She wants to know what filth like you is doing beggaring in her home. I suggest we go somewhere more private to talk, ne? Since she obviously doesn't enjoy your presence…" It was Suteru's turn to grind his teeth as he tried unsuccessfully to slough off the injurious words.

"I'm just surprised she puts up with a worm like you…" Vegeta smirked at this.

"Oh, she more than puts up with me…" He let the sentence hang, letting Suteru fill in the blanks for himself.

Vegeta led the way outside, calmly ignoring Bulma's questions. By the time they had reached the outdoors though, he was fed up and spun to face her. "I'll explain everything to you later, just leave me be for a moment! Great Kami…" He took flight, Suteru flying up beside him.

Upon reaching a satisfactory altitude they stopped, hovering in midair and glaring venomously at one another. Releasing a snort, Vegeta rolled his eyes and floated flat on his back, one ankle atop the other and his hands behind his head.

"Why are you here, boy?" Vegeta questioned in Saiyago.

"How in all eight hells are you still alive? I came to see what you said right before you died at Frieza's hands, and maybe train with Kakarott. I think I liked you better dead…" Vegeta sighed in annoyance.

"Most people do, it seems. This planet has an eternal dragon, it grants wishes. Someone deemed me worthy enough to be wished back. End of story. Quit hating me, I've never done anything to hurt you."

"Never done anything to…What about when you abandoned me on Nidon? If you didn't want me to come you could of at least thought of a nicer way to say it." Suteru looked at the ground, feeling childish.

"A nicer way, like the truth? Well gee, I don't want you to come with me because I'm actually enslaved to a bloodthirsty maniac, who regularly beats the living crap out of me, and every word out of his mouth is another way to try and weaken and break a seven year old boy. Please, Suteru, just stay here, while I go back to hell. Do you really think you would have listened to me?" Vegeta was shouting now, angered that his brother could be so naïve as to believe all the lies he'd fed him on Nidon. Had the boy been completely oblivious to what Frieza had been?

Suteru looked in shock at Vegeta, who was visibly calming himself, looking almost sheepish at how open he had been. Suteru had no doubts that what his brother had told him just now was the truth, and immediately felt an idiot for not seeing it earlier. He had been so depressed on Nidon that Vegeta's brazen remarks had cut deep, deeper than he might have wished. His brother had changed since then, so much that Suteru found himself saddened by the fact.

"I'm sorry Rothbrin, I've been a fool." Vegeta heaved another sigh.

"You had no way of knowing… For Kami's sake, would you raise your power level a bit, you look ready to pass out!" Suteru obeyed without hesitation, grinning widely at the sudden energy that flooded him. As Vegeta headed back towards his home, he threw one last question to his younger brother.

"So what should I call you?"

X|-|X

Wrinkling her nose in disgust, Bulma valiantly tried to ignore the stench emanating from her son's rear as she quickly changed his diaper.

"Boy, you stink," she informed Trunks, who chortled, seeming to smirk knowingly at her with one slightly raised eyebrow. "Che, your father…I hope you don't end up the nutcase that he is," she told him, a smile on her face now that she was applying a fresh diaper. The fan she had installed in the nursery was built to dissipate toxic fumes in a chemical lab, but it served quite nicely in Trunks bedroom.

In the quiet of the house she heard the back door open and then close, two similar voices bickering loudly. "Men," she muttered, and, having put Trunks pants back on, carted the child into the kitchen where she could hear Vegeta's voice above that of his companion's. She stood in the doorway listening for a few minutes before she gave up on trying to understand what was obviously spoken in another language.

"Vegeta," she called, her brow furrowing when he ignored her. "Vegeta," she tried again, a bit more forcefully. "VEGETA! I. WANT. ANSWERS!!!" She shouted, and the two fell silent even as Trunks began crying at all the loud sounds assaulting his ears.

"What is it?!" He shouted back. " I can't give you an answer without knowing the question."

"Fine," she replied, "One, who is he? Two, is he here to kill anyone? And three, does he just not speak Japanese, or do you guys prefer your secret code?"

"He is my brother, Shoku. He isn't going to kill anyone, and no, he can't speak Japanese. He'll be speaking it as soon as you provide a working scouter…" She blinked in surprise at him. It quickly turned to anger though as she set Trunks on the floor, where he stood clinging to her pants leg.

"As soon as I provide a working scouter? I don't take demands very well, Vegeta… Maybe you should ask nicely, if you want anything from me in the next few days…" Vegeta glared at her. Suteru was now leaning against the wall, silently trying to sort through their words, only understanding about a quarter of what was being said.

"Rothbrin," Suteru murmured, and Vegeta turned to face him. "The computer on my ship is capable of language transfer, I just couldn't find a program before I landed."

"I wish you had told me that earlier," Vegeta muttered murderously. he turned back to his mate, who was waiting impatiently for an answer.

"Nevermind, Shoku has something on his ship that will do the trick." She frowned petulantly, and her attention was pulled down to Trunks, who had released her pant leg. He toddled the few steps to his father, grasping a handful of pant material and yanking ecstatically.

"What is it, child?" Vegeta questioned peevishly. He bent to pick Trunks up, who immediately wiped his drool-covered mouth on his father's bare arm. Growling in disgust, he shuffled the boy into a more comfortable (and less dangerous) position in his arms. "You'd better quit that, or your butt is going right back to that floor, and it won't be a soft landing," he instructed, and glared at Bulma, who was trying to restrain her laughter.

Shoku (Suteru) only looked alarmed at the thought of his own brother holding someone else's child. How could this woman allow someone not related to her to hold her baby? On Vegeta-sei no one besides family members were allowed to hold a baby. Could that mean…

"My son," Vegeta reassured in their own language, the barest hint of pride in his eyes as he looked down at the purpled-haired infant. Suteru looked thoroughly disgusted as he sputtered out an answer.

"But she isn't Saiyajin! How could you? And a Chikyuu-jin besides…have you no respect for your royal blood? I thought you were better than this…" Vegeta's expression turned more angry as Shoku went on, his face darkening considerably.

"You have no right to judge me, and certainly not her. She is stronger than you could ever dream of being, or me, for that matter! And in case you didn't notice, Saiyajin women are few and far between these days! I haven't seen one, not one since Vegeta-sei was destroyed! Not to mention that I have no doubts about you being with alien women."

"Be that as it may, I've never bred with any of them…" Suteru noted in a condescending manner. Vegeta's eyes flashed murderously.

"Get out. No one insults my mate or my son without suffering severe injury. This is your last warning. Out of my house, before I carve a hole in you. I said get out!!" Throwing an infuriating smirk over his shoulder, Suteru calmly walked out of the house.

"What was all that about?" Bulma asked quietly, watching as Vegeta shook his fist, looking around the room for something to smash it into.

"He found my attachment to you and the boy…disagreeable." Not uttering another word, Vegeta handed the baby back to Bulma and stalked outside. He desperately needed something to smash…Kakarott's face was always a wonderful stress-reliever…

X|-|X

Fast enough for you? Huh? HUH?!!? Good. Despite the obvious comradery Vegeta and his brother shared at the beginning of the chapter, all was not well in the family. Tune in next time for…uh…more!

PS Death to sewing machines!!!!!