Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Treachery or Something Like It ❯ Chapter Five ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Five:

Bulma sighed falling down onto "her" bed. She had nothing to do and now all the time in the world to do it. She could gather more information on the Saiya-jin Prince, but one of the first rules of assassination was to never gather too much at a time. People become suspicious. Then again, she had learned next to nothing about the ruling family here.

All things considered, she found herself wandering out the door and into the large hallway. She gasped when she almost ran into someone else walking down the corridor. She immediately recognized the figure ass Prince Vegeta, who crossed his arms across his chest and glared.

"You should watch where you're going," the monarch warned.

Bulma mimicked the prince's pose, even his tone of voice. "Maybe it's you who should watch where they are going."

Vegeta smirked and stepped closer. "Just watch your back," he whispered into her ear. With that, he continued to walk down the hall, his red cape billowing behind him.

`Well that was weird,' she thought, stunned. She instantly shook her head and walked down the hall in the other direction.

xxxxxx

"Barbarians! Pure, crude barbarians, father!" a young woman said in disgust. The woman closed her eyes and sighed. "I could have married that wonderful Prince of Xanth. Or even the King of Terrestria. But no, I must marry the `oh-so-great' Prince of Vegeta-sei," she mused sarcastically.

Her father put a hand on her shoulder. "We're only meeting the prince today. He has been away on missions from Frieza."

The woman scowled. "I don't care how beneficial it will be for our two planets. I'm not marrying a barbarian!"

Her father scowled this time. "The prince and his father will be here any minute. Watch your tongue."

`This place is so drab, too,' the young woman thought.

As if on cue, the door to the Saiya-jin throne room opened and revealed an emotionless-looking father and son pair.

"Good afternoon, King Xerces," the Saiya-jin King said, "It's wonderful that you could come."

"Thank you for allowing me to come." Xerces smiled shortly before moving his daughter before him. "This is my daughter Kayte."

The princess curtsied and put on a fake smile.

"We have pressing business to discuss, so we'll just leave you two to get better acquainted."

The two kings left the room and the younger monarchs to themselves.

Kayte suddenly got a disgusted look on her face and looked at her pink-lacquered fingernails. "Asshole," she said under her breath. Vegeta on the other hand only moved to a large window and stared out it.

"Am I the only one who thinks this is stupid?!" the princess said angrily.

"Spoiled little bitch," Vegeta said under his own breath. He smirked when he turned around to find her glaring.

"I hate you."

"Good. The feeling's mutual."

"That's funny."

"What?"

"What do they want us to do? Have sex or something?"

"I hope not. You're really repulsive."

Kayte glared again. "You are an asshole! An ill-mannered, selfless bastard!" she screamed. She crossed her arms and tried to stare down the prince. It was too bad he merely shook his head and walked out of the room, forcing an aggravated scream from the other monarch.

When life gives you lemons, make sweet lemonade.