Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Treachery or Something Like It ❯ Chapter Six ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Six:

Vegeta walked out of the meeting room still shaking his head in amusement. He didn't even notice the woman he almost ran into.

"Yipes!" Bulma screamed when she was almost knocked down. She immediately glared at the prince. "I told you to watch where you were going!" she said, not controlling her anger and withdrawing a dagger.

Vegeta then glared himself and grabbed the dagger from her. "Little girls shouldn't play with knives," he said teasingly. When Bulma only glared, Vegeta dropped the dagger and walked off. "What is it with women today?" he mumbled as he left.

"Jackass," Bulma said almost too loudly. She picked her weapon up off the tile floor when her stomach growled. She'd forgotten how hungry she was. She knit her eyebrows downward in concentration. She could only ask one person who she really knew where to get food. And she could only ask one person where to find that person.

"Hey, Vegeta! Wait up!" she called.

Vegeta, who was not very far away, turned around, confused at the use of his first name. The woman was soon right behind him, with a whole new change of attitude.

"Do you know where Kakarot is?" she asked sweetly.

"What a change of personality. This is the same woman who was just thirty seconds ago going to kill me with a knife?" Vegeta was surprised.

Bulma scowled. "Look, I'm hungry and I want to know where Kakarot is!" she yelled.

Vegeta rolled his eyes. "If you're so hungry, go find food yourself. Just go down the hall. It's the last room to the right. Now go away." He soon walked off again only to be stopped when Bulma grabbed his forearm.

"Where can I find Kakarot, if ever I need him again?"

"Training. Now let me go so I can do so myself." Bulma let Vegeta go that time. She was really hungry.

xxxxxx

`The dining hall is huge!' Bulma thought as she walked in. One could easily get lost in it. It too though, was not much different than Frieza's. She wondered who had the first.

She soon found that she was not alone though. A figure at the table didn't even look at her when she sat one chair away from him.

"You look familiar," she said to the man.

"And you still have that curious look in your eyes," the man answered.

"What do you mean?" Bulma asked, confused.

The man smiled. "Bulma, don't you remember who I am?" When the man looked up, she immediately knew who he was.

"Sensei!" Bulma said with surprise. She smiled at him.

"Come on, Bulma. You're just as much of an assassin as I am. We can call each other by first names. I'm no longer your teacher. Now I'm just Zane."

Bulma smiled. "Well, while we're here, I'm not Bulma. My name is Aria."

"You are an assassin." Zane said with a reminiscent look on his face. "So how are you doing?"

"If you mean with life, it's hell. If you mean with work, it's fine. So, what about you? Why are you here?"

"Aria, you ask far too many questions. I'm just here investigating for the IIA. But don't tell the Saiya-jin King that."

"More like don't tell Prince Vegeta. If anything, he'll be the one on your ass."

Zane smiled at the younger woman. "You sure have grown up from the innocent little eight-year-old I once knew. Anything else you want to tell me."

"Well, I too am working for the Interplanetary Intelligence Agency. As a matter of fact--"

She was cut off by her teacher.

"Did they ever get you to catch your father?"

"I was getting to that. And yes, I did catch my father. On my own time, with my own equipment. Any information that the IIA gave me was out of date. So I had to do it myself. When I'm done with the mission I have here, I need to go to HQ and give them what they wanted from my father."

"That being what?"

"Project `X'," she answered.

"Oh, the wonderful Project `X' that no one was supposed to even know of until it destroyed whom it was for. Aria, whatever you do, don't trust anyone with that. Not even the IIA. You shouldn't trust everything they say is right. Don't let them dictate what you give them and what you don't." Zane leaned back in his chair. "Hell, I don't even think you should trust me."

"But, Zane, are you trying to tell me that you would. . ."

"Not right now I'm not. But if I were in a chance where information depended on my life, it's every man, woman, and child for themselves. If what rumors are true about what they say about that project your father was working on, don't let anyone else know of it. Find out for yourself what it is. Your life may become more hell, Bulma."

Bulma sighed. "Zane, I'll do it. And I won't give it to them." She got up from the table and walked out, not even realizing she hadn't gotten anything to eat. Project `X' was top priority for now. Besides, a person could survive three weeks without food.

xxxxxx

"Kakarot, I swear you're holding back," Vegeta said as he punched the other man's face again.

Kakarot stopped to catch his breath. "No, sire, I am not," he lied.

Vegeta rolled his eyes. "Yes, you are," he said, seeing through the fallacy. "We shall pick this up later. My father wishes to see me." Vegeta eyed the other man that stood at the door with disgust. His father wanted to seriously talk to him.

The father and son pair was soon walking down the hall together, each scowling at the floor.

"So, what is it?" the younger monarch asked.

"Xerces was very generous."

"Oh?"

"You will marry his daughter in two weeks."

"What?!" Vegeta screamed in rage. "Neither I nor his own daughter wants this! You cannot push me into something like this so drastically!"

"Then find your own bride!" the king yelled back with as much intensity. "You have one week." The king then left Vegeta to his own thoughts.

`How the hell am I supposed to find a bride in a week? Every woman on this planet is hideous to an extreme. Unless . . .' Vegeta quickly ran back to the training area to find his guardsman.

"Kakarot, I need to ask you something." The other male looked up and waited for his prince's reply. "Where might I find Aria's living quarters?"

"The East Wing. Why, Vegeta?"

Vegeta only stormed out, looking for Aria.