Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Uber Babe ❯ Chapter 6

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N: This chapter contains some sappiness, but don't worry dearies, it's Bunny Briefs approved. Oh, come on, what else did you expect from me?

By the way, I have no idea what Yamcha's real name is supposed to be or much about his past, so I made it up. More fun with names.

Disclaimer: I don't own DBZ. I don't want to own DBZ. I just want to fiddle around with the characters now and then.


Yamcha snuck a glance at his passenger. She was staring at him with a combination of shock and astonishment. "Toshie, I-"

"Get off the expressway."

"What?"

"There's a sign for an exit a quarter mile up. Get off and park so we can talk."

"O-okay." ~Damn it! I had to open my big mouth and screw things up, didn't I?~ Yamcha pulled into a parking lot off the exit and parked the car. "Look, Toshie. I... I went through one meaningless relationship after another before I met you, and you're the most incredible thing ever to happen to me. The thought of having no reason to see you again after tomorrow other than the fact that we both happen to know Bulma tears at me like you wouldn't believe. I... I've fallen for you hard, and I don't want to let you go," he murmured, looking down at his hands. "I didn't mean to freak you out or anything, but I really, truly think that if you're willing to give me a chance, this could turn into something really special."

"Yamcha, I'm not upset. You just surprised the hell out of me, that's all," Toshie explained. "I'm sorry if I freaked you out. It's just that, well, I'm really attracted to you too." She gave him a shaky little smile when he looked at her with surprise. "Believe it or not, after you left the second time last night, I called my mother and woke her up to tell her that I'd met the man I was going to marry."

A broad smile slowly spread over Yamcha's face as Toshie's cheeks turned a lovely shade of pink. He grabbed her hands in his and held them close. "Toshie... do you mean..."

Toshie nodded. "I think we have the makings of something really special, too," she told him shyly. "I really, really hope I get that job now. I'll have to find something close by if I'm going to live here, right?"

Yamcha gripped her hands a little firmer. "You really told your mother you were going to marry me?"

The blush returned. "Yeah."

Yamcha's smile lit up his face. "Gods, Toshie, see? You're perfect. You're everything I've ever dreamed of in a woman, right here beside me. Smart, fun, beautiful... what more could a man ask for?"

"There you go, telling stories again," Toshie murmured, the blush across her cheeks not going anywhere.

He shook his head and let go of her hands to unbuckle his seat belt. "C'mere." She unhesitatingly unbuckled her seat belt and scooted past the center console to sit beside him. He scooped her up in his arms and onto his lap. "I'd never lie to you, Toshie. I swear it." He kissed her gently. "You are definitely smart and fun, and I find you to be very beautiful." He kissed her again. "Are you calling me a liar?"

"No." She smiled up at him. "You're certainly an unexpected surprise, you know that?"

Yamcha chuckled weakly. The way she was looking at him was making his stomach flutter for the millionth time. "Likewise," he told her, smoothing her hair away from her face and tucking a strand behind her ear. "I told you I wouldn't lie to you, Toshie, and I won't. You're... you're affecting me pretty badly right now. I've gotta slide you back over now, sorry."

"Not yet," Toshie whispered, reaching up to draw his face down for a kiss.

Yamcha moaned as she kissed him. "Toshie... You're making it very difficult to be a gentleman," he managed between kisses.

Toshie giggled. "Sorry, I couldn't resist. It just seemed like the thing to do," she teased, wriggling out of his grasp and scooting back over to her own seat.

"Then marry me," Yamcha urged her softly. "If I couldn't manage to love you even an ounce more when we're old and gray, I'd honestly be able to say that I'd still die a happy man."

Her eyes widened. "You love me?" she whispered.

Yamcha suddenly realized that yes, that was indeed what he had said. He nodded. "I've never felt this way about anyone before. I love you, Toshie. It couldn't be anything else."

Toshie's lips began trembling and she started to cry. He, too, was everything she could have hoped for in a man. "Oh, Yamcha," she sniffled. "Then I must love you, too."

This time he moved closer and gathered her up in a hug. "Don't cry, sweetheart," he told her soothingly. He smoothed a tear from her cheek.

She sniffled again and gave him another shaky smile. "Okay."

Yamcha shrugged and gave her a grin. "That didn't really necessitate a response, but cool."

She giggled. "I meant, okay to your wild and crazy suggestion."

Yamcha sat up straighter. "You mean...?"

Toshie nodded. "Yes, I'll marry you," she clarified.

He let out a whoop and a laugh, holding her close and burying his face against her neck.

She let out a laugh of her own. "Hey, no hickeys!"

Yamcha gave her a smoldering look. "At least nowhere anyone but me will ever see," he told her smoothly, chuckling deeply when she blushed. He leaned in for another kiss when a knock on the window behind them startled them both.

"Not in my parking lot, pal, sorry," a man said through the window. "You'll have to take it elsewhere."

Not wanting to make a bigger scene than they apparently already had, Yamcha moved back to his seat and turned the car back to the expressway. "So," he began calmly. "Did you want to do this today or no? I totally understand if you want family and friends there."

Toshie gave him a sad little smile. "I would have liked my father to give me away, but he died a few years back," she said quietly. "So, I don't really have anything holding me back."

Yamcha reached over and took her hand. "I'm sorry, Toshie," he told her sincerely. "My parents died when I was little, and I don't have any other family."

Toshie squeezed his hand. "I'm sorry, too," she told him.

He nodded and returned the squeeze. "I guess we have a lot to talk about, don't we?"

"Yeah, we do," Toshie agreed. "But for now, if you want to be wild and crazy today, I'm game."

Yamcha smiled as he felt his mood lift. She really was a gem. "Cool." He chuckled when she giggled in response. "You know, if you want, we could have a little ceremony later," he offered. "You know, without the vows, and have a reception. We could have your mother and some friends come."

"I'd like that," Toshie agreed. Her lips curled up in a smirk. "Then you could force Vegeta into being your best man."

Yamcha laughed at that. "You know, that's a great idea. Bulma would so make him do it, too."

She giggled at the crafty expression on his face. "It's a plan, then." She sat up straighter in her seat. "Hey, by the way, this would be a weird question coming from any other newly engaged woman, but what's my new name going to be?" Her eyebrow rose as he blinked in surprise.

"Yeah, it might have been nice to mention that. You really don't follow baseball at all, do you?" Yamcha asked, changing the topic without taking a breath.

"No, but maybe I'll start coming to the games if you're a good boy," Toshie teased.

He shot her a sideways glance; he'd show her all about being a good boy. "Nagata."

"Nagata." Toshie thought about that. "Toshie Nagata. Doesn't sound half bad, does it?"

"I like the way it sounds, but then again, I'm biased," Yamcha teased back.

"As you should be," Toshie agreed. "So... where do we go around here to get married?"

"If we had time, I'd fly you over to and we'd get married there," Yamcha offered. "But I don't think that we'd make it back in time for dinner."

"That's too bad," Toshie commented, her eyes twinkling with amusement. "It would have been fun to be married by Elvis Presley, don't you think?"

Yamcha laughed again. "Heck yeah," he agreed. He looked down at his watch. It was a little past eleven. Dinner was at six. "You know what? To heck with it. We're going to go get married by Elvis," he declared. "We just might be a little late for dinner, that's all." He exited the expressway again and began navigating the surface streets. "However, first things first."

"What's that?" she asked, genuinely curious as to what he had in mind.

"There's a very nice jeweler not far from here," he told her. "My wife will have a ring when we get married. It'll be dark by the time we get to and the reputable stores will be closed." He turned his head to smile at her.

Toshie returned the smile. "You're a big sweetheart," she told him. "I don't need anything extravagant. I'm not a flashy girl."

"Maybe not, but you're a special girl and you deserve the best," Yamcha informed her. "What, don't you want one like Bulma has that's worth the equivalent of the gross national product of Western Country?" he teased.

Toshie laughed. "Oh, I really don't think that's necessary," she informed him.

He grinned at her as they pulled up in front of the jeweler. "We'll see what we find."

Toshie watched as he encapsulated the car. She felt giddy with excitement. She couldn't believe they were doing this! It really was wild and crazy.

***

It had taken a couple hours of flying at top speed, but the bright lights of at night rewarded Yamcha's efforts as they landed just off the strip to avoid attracting too much attention. An inquiry directed to an employee of the nearest casino revealed which establishment the King himself was at, and they headed that way.

Before long, Toshie was wearing a simple white dress, her hair done up in a smooth twist. She smiled as she approached Yamcha, who was wearing a sports jacket and a tie. "You look nice."

"Thanks baby, so do you. Are you sure you don't want to go the wedding dress and tuxedo route?" Yamcha asked. "I don't want you to be disappointed later if that's what you really want."

"Oh, don't worry. I'll have a poufy wedding dress the next time I get married," Toshie drawled, shooting a wink his way.

Yamcha snorted and rolled his eyes. "Come along, dearest," he told her, taking her hand and leading her to the minister.

***

Toshie screamed and gripped Yamcha's arm tighter. This was scarier than she remembered it, probably because not only was it getting darker out, but she was already wired with the excitement of everything else that had happened that day.

Yamcha laughed as his new bride clung to his arm, her eyes shining with terrified delight. If this teensy rollercoaster freaked her out, it was a good thing he hadn't taken her on that ride that was suspended how many stories high? Although, who knows? She enjoyed flying with him, so for all he knew she may have liked it. "Scared?" he asked loudly before the coaster entered the next dip.

"Yes, but I'm loving it!" she yelled back, screeching again as the ride made another descent.

Her knees were wobbling a little when they got off the ride. "Aww, come on. That was just a little baby rollercoaster," Yamcha teased. "And here I thought you were a tough cookie."

"Oh, just you wait. I'll show you a tough cookie," Toshie mock threatened.

"I'm very much looking forward to it," Yamcha told her in a low voice, chuckling when she blushed yet again.

"Stop it, you," Toshie chastised, swatting at him half heartedly when he pulled her close and stole a kiss. "Not in front of the children."

Yamcha could tell that she truly didn't care about being noticed and commandeered one last kiss from her. He took her hand as they stepped back onto the strip. "Speaking of children..."

"You mean, do I want to have any?" Toshie finished.

Yamcha nodded. "Yeah." He hoped she did.

Toshie looked up at him. "Very much so," she told him, blushing a little when he smiled in response. "I take it you do too?"

"Absolutely. I like kids. And I like you even more, so it's only natural that kids would be part of the equation, don't you think?"

She nodded. "Yeah." They walked along in silent contemplation for a moment. "Yamcha? Will you tell me something I've been wondering about for a while now?"

"Sure. You're probably thinking of these oh so macho beauty marks I've got, huh?" Yamcha pointed to the scars on his face.

"Yes, I did wonder about that too, but there was actually something else on my mind," she admitted. "Will you tell me about the transvestite setup I heard about?"

Yamcha groaned. "Aww, great," he grumbled, obviously embarrassed.

"That good, huh?"

"Yeah..." Yamcha sighed. "Oh, well. Better you hear the gruesome details from me instead of someone else." He gave her a lopsided smile, letting her know he wasn't upset with her. "Remember how I mentioned all those meaningless relationships I'd had?"

"Yes," Toshie confirmed.

"Well, the guys knew I was lonely and hoping to find someone special." Yamcha squeezed her hand. "Vegeta flatly refused to 'partake in such Earthling nonsense'," he continued in a very Vegeta-like voice, "and wouldn't have a bachelor party, so Krillin suggested having drinks with the bunch of us instead. Bulma finally got Vegeta to agree, and Krillin said he knew just the place and that he'd take care of the arrangements. It was right on the shore, nice view, great buffalo wings, blah blah blah. Of course Bulma thought it was a wonderful idea. So we all met at this little bar where Krillin said that the main act was a total über babe."

"Wait just a minute," Toshie interjected, putting the pieces of the puzzle together. "You don't mean the Clam Bake Tavern, do you?"

Yamcha groaned again. "Yeah. I'd never heard of the place, and what single guy wouldn't want to go see a hot singer?"

"Incidentally, a friend told me about the Clam Bake and said the same thing about the buffalo wings. You met Ms. Allure, didn't you?" Toshie exclaimed, her eyes full of mischief. "Oh my god, they set you up with Ms. Allure?" She giggled.

"Yeah, big time," he admitted. "I knew something wasn't quite right with her but dismissed it. When I found out the truth, needless to say I was just a little peeved, since they all thought it was hilarious that I said a guy was hot."

"Oh, no." Toshie giggled again. "You poor thing."

He chuckled. Telling her hadn't been as bad as he thought it would be. "I figured out just what was off about her when she sat on my knee and Goku asked me why a guy was sitting on my lap."

Toshie was practically in tears from laughing. "That's just cruel."

"Tell me about it," Yamcha groused mock bitterly, enjoying her laughter.

"One more thing. You obviously went backstage to meet her if she came to sit with you. Tell me you didn't..." Toshie trailed off as his face turned bright red.

"Augh! Can we change the subject please?" Yamcha pleaded, not wanting to think about the fact that he'd unknowingly made out with a man.

Toshie wasn't doing a very good job of hiding her amusement. "My poor baby," she cooed. "How about getting a little attention from a real woman instead?" She reached up to wrap her arms around his neck.

"Hmmm... I like that idea," Yamcha purred, wrapping his arms around her waist and kissing her. "Especially since now I have an honest to goodness über babe of my own for my wife."

Toshie gazed up at him with fondness and affection in her eyes. "You're not bad yourself, tough guy." She kissed him again.

Toshie's cell phone rang, interrupting them. "Are you going to answer?" Yamcha asked.

She frowned. "The number looks familiar, but I can't place it."

"Then don't bother. If it's important they'll leave a message," Yamcha advised.

"You're right," Toshie told him firmly. "For now, let's just enjoy what little time we have together before we have to head back."

Yamcha's lips curved up in a smile. "You read my mind." He'd just taken her back into his arms when his cell phone rang. He sighed. "My turn, I guess. Huh. It's Bulma. Hang on a second. Hey, Bulma."

"No."

Yamcha blinked. "Vegeta?" he asked incredulously. Why on Earth would Vegeta of all people call him?

"Yes," Vegeta acknowledged. "I need you to bring something to the meal thing tonight."

Yamcha would have laughed at Vegeta's description of that evening's events but realized that the prince was conversing with him in a very quiet voice, as if he didn't want anyone to hear. "Really? What is it?" he asked, curious as to whatever it was that Vegeta could possibly want that was that secret.

Vegeta paused for a moment, as if he almost didn't want to ask for the sake of his pride, but he really, really wanted whatever it was. "There's a liquor store on 53rd that sells that triple beer that we drank at that establishment where you made out with that male in drag-"

Yamcha didn't know which was more disturbing, Vegeta's usage of Earth slang or the subject he was so callously bringing up. "I know the place," he interrupted. "You want me to get some on the way in? What's in it for me?"

A low growl issued forth from the phone. "Oh, my undying gratitude," Vegeta said sarcastically. "Just get me some goddamned beer, will you?"

So... Vegeta had liked the beer enough to lower his pride and ask him to get some for him. Could it be that the man was nervous enough to want the beer to dull his nerves? Either way- hilarious! This had potential to pan out wonderfully. "Okay, all right. Don't get your panties in a bunch."

"Hmph. That's a good idea. I wouldn't want you trying to suck face with me-"

Yamcha disconnected the call before Vegeta could say anything else. "Bastard."

"Was that Vegeta?" Toshie asked, her eyes wide from his reaction.

"Yes." Yamcha tucked his phone back into his pocket. "He wants me to get him some beer on the way there. Lazy bum."

"Maybe Bulma won't let him leave," Toshie offered with a smirk.

"I'll bet you're right," Yamcha said, matching her smirk. "He'll owe me big time for this."

Toshie giggled. "Don't be too mean," she chastised gently. "He must have a problem if he's desperate enough to ask you to get it for him. Poor guy."

Yamcha laughed. "No, it's nothing like that," he assured her. "He must have just really liked the beer we had. He got completely wasted at the bar and passed out on the table. He's actually pretty fun to be around when he's drunk."

Toshie's eyebrow rose. "As amusing as that would be, Bulma would strangle you if he got drunk today, and I'd rather not be a widow just yet," she teased.

"Yeah, no kidding," Yamcha told her with a wink. "Don't worry. Vegeta will handle her." He looked at his watch, thought for a moment, then bit his lip. "It seems that I cut our time getting back a little short," he confessed.

"Now what?" Toshie asked hesitantly.

"No problem. I'll get us there, never fear." Yamcha took her hand and lead her to an area with fewer people, then took out his cell phone.

"Who are you calling?" Toshie asked.

"Goku... Hi, Gohan. Is your dad home? Thanks." Yamcha paused as the phone was transferred. "Hey Goku! Ready for the rehearsal party tonight? Yes, Bulma promised to have plenty of the roast beef. Listen, can you do me a favor? I need you to come get me. You can't tell anyone, but Toshie and I are in He paused. "Can you sense my ki? Great, just come get us. I'll tell you later, I promise. Okay, thanks. Bye." He ended the call and slipped his phone back into his pocket.

"How is Goku going to come get us? It took us hours to get here," Toshie wanted to know.

As if in answer, Goku appeared before them. "Hi, guys!"

Toshie gasped in surprise. "How..."

"It's called instant transmission," Goku told her. "It's really cool."

"Yes, it is," Yamcha agreed. "Let's get back now."

"Okay, but you promised to tell me why you came here," Goku reminded him. "Today wasn't a very good day to go running off. Chi-Chi already promised me that I'd get panned big time if I took off today and made us late." He winced and put a hand on the back of his head in remembrance of many past pannings.

"All the more reason we should get going," Yamcha told him. He sighed when Goku gave him big sad puppy eyes. "Okay, all right. But you have to promise not to tell anyone."

Goku brightened immediately. "I promise."

Yamcha took Toshie's hand in his and drew her close. "We came here to ride the rollercoaster," he told him solemnly.

"And we saw Elvis Presley," Toshie played along.

"Oh. That's not as exciting as I thought it would be," Goku said in disappointment.

Toshie and Yamcha exchanged a glance. "We got married today, Goku," Yamcha told his friend softly.

"Really? Wow, how cool!" Goku exclaimed. "Bulma's going to be mad, though. You know how she likes to do everything first," he added thoughtfully.

"So make sure you keep it a secret," Toshie advised. "Besides, we want to tell everyone ourselves."

"I won't tell." Goku smiled broadly. "Congratulations, guys!"

"Thanks, bud," Yamcha told him.

"Yes, thank you, Goku." Toshie found herself a little surprised by Goku's easy going nature as compared to Vegeta's proud, irritable one. He was also very accepting of her and Yamcha's marriage, not questioning why they would get married so quickly after meeting.

"You're welcome. Wow, you're a nice lady, Toshie. I'm glad Yamcha found you. He deserves a nice lady. Okay, hold onto me and we'll go home," Goku rambled on, not even taking a breath between thoughts.

In the blink of an eye, they were back at Goku's house. "Thanks again, Goku," Yamcha told him gratefully.

"Goku! Where are you?" a feminine voice screeched before Goku could respond. "You'd better not be training! Gokuuuuu!"

"Uhm, right here, Chi! Coming!" Goku shouted. "I'd better go before she gets out the frying pan again. See you later, guys!" He shoved them out the door.

Toshie and Yamcha stood there on the grass. "Well. That was weird," she commented.

"Chi-Chi can be a bit scary. I don't blame him," Yamcha replied. A grin formed at the corner of his mouth. "Promise me you'll never hit me with a frying pan."

Toshie matched his smirk. "Promise me you'll never give me reason to."

"Deal."

"Deal."

"I love you."

"Of course you do." Toshie giggled. "I love you too."

Yamcha hugged her and gave her a kiss. "Let's get going before Vegeta gets crankier." He scooped her up and took to the air.