Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Vegeta and the Great Dating Adventure ❯ Chapter 4

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: No.

AN: This chapter is for cosmicgoku and Jay. Thanks for the reviews.

* * *

"Only five bucks?"

Vegeta looked at the young waiter. "You better be glad that you're getting that, after the poor job you did at such a simple task," Vegeta said with disgust. "Now get away from me."

The boy shook his head has he walked away. He could lose his job over this and all he got was five lousy bucks. "Jerk," he murmured as he walked back into the restaurant.

Vegeta chose to ignore the human. He had more important things to worry about. `What's taking that boy so long?' he wondered impatiently.

As if on cue, Trunks landed at that moment.

"What took you so long?" Vegeta asked irritated.

Trunks looked at his watch. "Dad it's only been three minutes."

"Whatever," Vegeta said. "Tell me, where is the local cinema?"

Trunks thought for a moment. "Kids Bra's age usually go to Western Capital General Theater," he said.

"Take me there."

Trunks and Vegeta took to the air. After they had been flying for a moment, Trunks turned to his father. "Is it as bad as we thought?"

"Worse. The vermin has been drooling over her all night. It's disgusting," Vegeta said as if he had a bad taste in his mouth.

Trunks shook his head and turned back to leading the way.

* * *

"This is just the movie I wanted to see!"

Danny threw a smile at Bra as he paid for the tickets. "I'm glad because it's not one I want to see."

Bra pretended to pout as she looped her arm in Danny's. "You can't tell me that `Forever Yours' isn't a movie you want to see."

Danny smiled. "Believe me it's not, but it is the perfect movie to get a person in the mood."

Bra looked up at Danny. He had that mysterious tone in his voice again. "Mood for what exactly?"

"You'll see," Danny said as he led her into the theater.

* * *

Vegeta and Trunks landed just in time to see the two enter the theater.

Trunks shook his head. "It's just like you said Dad. He's all over her," he said in a disgusted tone.

"Let's go," Vegeta growled as he entered the theater.

* * *

"So are we getting popcorn or something?"

Danny looked at Bra in surprise. "Popcorn? Didn't we just have dinner?"

Bra giggled. "Yeah but big appetites run in my family."

Danny chuckled and wrapped his arm around her waist leading her to the concession line.

Vegeta watched this encounter from across the room and his blood began to boil. The boy obviously had forgotten his warning. Well, it was time he gave him a little reminder.

"The girl is not to see you," Vegeta order over his shoulder as he walked away.

Trunks nodded his head in understanding and headed in the other direction.

Meanwhile, Danny looked at Bra in amazement. "You want a larger popcorn, jujubes and a large sprite! There's no way you can eat all that!"

"You'd be surprised," Bra said.

Danny playfully rolled his eyes skyward. "Whatever, order all you want." As Bra placed her order, Danny let his eyes wonder around the room. He was startled when his green eyes connected with a pair of black ones. Pure fear came over him as he saw the look of pure hatred on the man's dark face. The man stood with his arms crossed and his feet apart. The message on his face was clear, `Stay away from my daughter'. In his fear Danny recalled the threat from earlier that evening and immediately dropped his hand from Bra's waist.

At the loss of contact, Bra looked up at Danny. "Is something wrong?"

Surprised at the sound of her voice Danny looked down at Bra. "Uh," he started. He looked back at the spot where he had seen her father and found no one there. He blinked a couple of times but still there was nothing there. `Did I image it,' he wondered.

"Danny?" Bra said after moment, sounding worried.

Danny looked back at her. "Uh...no, no, there's nothing wrong. I'm fine. Are you ready?"

Bra smiled tentatively. "Yeah, I just need to add butter to my popcorn."

Danny turned her in the direction of the butter counter. As he did so, he couldn't help looking over his shoulder.

They reached the station and Bra began pumping butter on to her treat. When she finished she tried a piece then raised a piece towards Danny. "Here, try this. Do you think that's enough butter?"

Danny, trying to shake the feeling he was being watched, leaned in to try the popcorn. As he did he caught one of her fingers in his mouth. He clasped the hand that was in his mouth with one of his own and gently began pulling her hand out his mouth. When it was out, he looked into her eyes. "It's very good," he said gently.

Bra couldn't help herself. She giggled.

Danny was about to try kissing her for real, when he saw something move out the corner of his eye. He looked over Bra's head to see a lavender hared man leaning against the wall with his arms crossed and a scowl on his face. He was slowly shaking his head back and forth. The words "Then I'll give your left hand to my son" rang in Danny's head. Danny slowly backed away from Bra.

Bra looked at Danny in wonder. She had been sure he was about to kiss her. She noticed him staring at something behind her and she turned to see. Seeing nothing she looked back at a very pale Danny. "Danny? What's wrong?" It would be just her luck if he were getting sick.

Danny shook his head and blinked several times. Her brother had been there one moment then in the blink of an eye he was gone. He was not imagining this! Or was he?

"Danny?" Bra said again. "Look, if you're getting sick, we can postpone this till another time. I really don't mind." She didn't sound to convincing but at least she offered.

Danny looked back at her. "No I'm all right. Let's go find seats okay."

Bra nodded hesitantly and preceded Danny into the screening room.

Vegeta stepped out of the shadows and watched them. If he hadn't been so pissed at the moment, he would have been impressed. Most humans would have taken Bra home after the looked he had given him. He had to admit the pervert had guts. Too bad he was going to have to final flash the kid.

"Looks like he doesn't scare easy," Trunks said coming up behind him.

"Of course he does! He's human. We just haven't done anything to really terrify him," Vegeta said. "Come on," he said heading into the screening room.

* * *

I know it's short but I had to post something today. It feels like it's been forever since my last update. Anywho, don't forget to review, I really need your feedback. And as always thanks for reading.