Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Vegeta and the Great Dating Adventure ❯ Chapter 5

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Please stop taunting me.

AN: This chapter is for Papa Bear, Kahlan Nightwing, and all you regular reviewers (this means you Susan). Chapters of both of my stories may be slow in coming because my English teacher is trying to kill us, so keep this in mind in the coming weeks.

* * *

Vegeta and Trunks walked into the screening room. They spotted Bra and Danny in the fourth row and quickly picked two seats behind them in the seventh row. There wasn't many people in the room because the movie had been out a while.

Vegeta sat thinking, `What now?'

Trunks leaned over and nudged Vegeta with his shoulder.

Vegeta looked at him with a `What!' expression. "Do you have a plan?" Trunks whispered.

"I would if you would give me a minute to think," Vegeta growled.

Trunks sat for a moment watching the teenage hormone and his little sister snuggle closer as the movie started. `Ugh!' Trunks thought with a frown. This was how his hottest dates always started. He looked around the room. When he noticed a young boy sitting next to them with a large popcorn in his lap, an idea came to him.

He tapped his father's arm.

"What?!" Vegeta said in a harsh whisper.

"Don't worry, Dad. I have an idea!"

Vegeta looked at Trunks curiously, as he leaned over and asked the kid if he could buy his popcorn from him. Once he had obtained the snack for ten dollars, Trunks smiled at his father. Vegeta's eyebrows knitted in confusion. How in the world was popcorn going to help them?

Trunks grabbed a fist full then looked at his father. "All right, get ready Dad."

"Get ready for what?"

Just as the words came out of Vegeta's mouth, Trunks let the popcorn go flying in the direction of the young couple. As soon as the popcorn was out of his hand, Trunks grabbed Vegeta by the neck and pressed his head between his legs.

"What the…?" Vegeta mumbled in surprise.

"Shhhh," Trunks said as he also ducked.

When the salty mess landed on Bra and Danny, they instinctively looked back. Seeing no one they began dusting the stuff off their clothes.

`This is the messiest date I've ever been on,' Danny thought.

"Some people are so immature," Bra said angrily trying to get the buttery mess off her new pants.

"It's all right," Danny said once they had cleaned themselves off, "we won't let them spoil our night."

Bra smiled and placed her head back on Danny's shoulder.

Trunks looked up cautiously. `That's funny,' he thought. They didn't look like they had noticed his little mood-killing attempt.

Vegeta, on the other hand, had noticed and wasn't any too pleased about it. He stood up and grabbed his son by the back of the shirt, yanking him out of his seat. He then dragged the man out the room as though he was nothing more than a child. When he reached the door he tossed Trunks out like a rag doll. Trunks stumbled out into the empty lobby. When he recovered his footing, he turned around to see his father stand with his arms crossed.

"Do I need to ask what in the high hell you thought you were doing in there?" Vegeta asked angrily.

Trunks shrugged his shoulders. "I was trying to break up the lovey-dovey thing they had going. I thought the popcorn would make the mood a little salty," Trunks said trying the bad joke.

Vegeta walked over to Trunks and slapped him in the back of his head.

"Ouch! What did you do that for?!" Trunks cried grabbing the back of his head.

"Never let me hear you say anything that stupid again," Vegeta said. He then turned and walked over to the far wall leaned against it. Trunks rubbed the back of his head once more then walked over and stood next to his father.

"What do we do now?" he asked after a moment.

"We wait," Vegeta said looking at the door.

* * *

"That ending was so sweet! Come on you can't tell me you didn't like it."

"It was all right," Danny conceded.

Bra stopped as they reached the middle of the lobby and turned to face her companion. "Just all right?" she asked.

"I think the big `kiss under the stars' ending was a little too sappy," Danny said.

"I wouldn't say that," Bra said.

"Well," Danny said, as if the idea had just occurred to him. He pulled Bra to him, wrapping his arms around her waist, "if you would be so kind as to accompany me to Miller's Peak tonight, maybe you can change my mind."

"Miller's Peak?!" Bra said in surprise. She had heard a lot about the place. She had once over heard Trunks and Goten talking about how only the best dates ended there. `Why not?' she thought `If he tries anything funny, I'll have no problem setting him straight.'

"Okay," she said.

"Really?" Danny said with a slow smile.

"Yeah sure, why not?" Bra said smiling. "But before we go, I have to go to the ladies room okay?"

"Sure. We'll meet back here in ten minutes okay?"

Bra nodded her head the hurried away.

* * *

Danny zipped up his pants and walked over to the sink.

As he washed his hands, he smiled at himself in the mirror. This date was turning out to be one of his best yet. Well…aside from the weird hallucinations he had earlier. That's what they had to be after all. I mean really, he had heard of over protective fathers before but to follow her on the date was a little much. Danny shook his head at how silly he was. Tomorrow he would go see his doctor, but tonight he would focus on the blue eyed beauty he was with. On that thought he left the restroom.

The smile he had on his face was snatched off as someone grabbed him by the collar and slammed him into a nearby wall. He coughed, trying to catch his breath. His eyes widened in fear as they locked with a pair of angry blue ones.

"Hello Danny," Trunks said coldly as he held him pinned to the wall.

"Hi…Trunks," Danny choked out. "What are you doing here…?"

Trunks slammed him against the wall again. "Quiet!" he said then glanced over his shoulder. "So Dad it looks like our friend here can't follow instructions very well. What do you think we should about that?"

To Danny's great horror, Vegeta stepped out of the shadow to where Trunks was holding him up.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk. You disappoint me. I thought we had an understanding. I guess you didn't believe me when we had our little discussion. I guess I'm going to have to show you how serious we are."

Vegeta took one of Danny's hands and with his thumb and forefinger, began applying pressure to the boy's palm. It took everything in Danny to keep from crying out in pain. Trunks' arched his eyebrow. The kid had spunk.

When Danny began whimpering slightly, Vegeta let his hand go. He had to admit the kid was pretty brave.

"Now let me reiterate. KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF MY CHILD. It's not a hard concept, very simple in fact. And remember I'll be watching," Vegeta turned to head back into the shadows.

Trunks dropped Danny on his feet. "And make sure this little encounter doesn't get back to my sister," Trunks said giving Danny a mob style pat on the cheek that was sure to leave a mark. He then turned and followed his father.

Danny stayed where he was trying to take it all in. `I guess I can cancel that doctor's appointment,' he thought.

* * *

Bra stood in their meeting place looking around for Danny. This date was going so well! Danny had to be the sweetest guy in the world. She was sure he would ask her out again and she would happily except. She was having the time of her life. And she owed it all to her dad.

She knew that if he had wanted to he could have kept her from going on this date. She had to be sure to thank him for being so understanding.

At that moment she spotted Danny walking away from the restroom. As he got closer she noticed he looked really upset.

"Danny what's wrong?" She felt like she'd been saying that all night.

"Uh, nothing. Are you ready to go home?"

"Home? But I thought…" she started.

"You really don't want to go to Miller's Peak do you? I mean all people do up there is make out?" Danny said nervously.

"Well that's all right," Bra said shyly.

Danny quickly looked around as if checking if some one had over heard.

`Great,' Bra thought, `just when I think his perfect he turns out to be paranoid.'

"Look Bra, I would love to take you and all, but this being our first date and all, maybe I should just take you home," Danny rambled.

Bra placed a hand on his arm to stop his incessant chatter. When he stopped she looked into his eyes and said very softly, "I would really like to go, Danny."

Now if Vegeta had seen her eyes at that moment he would have understood Danny's predicament. It was the same look that had gotten her and Trunks a trip to the pet store as small children. Only this time it was more potent because it was sincere. Danny, as a mere human, never stood a chance.

"Okay, but only for a little while. And only to talk," Danny said. It would take some work but he would keep his hands off her.

Bra smiled and took Danny's arm as they left the theater for the parking lot.

* * *

Well, it's time to review. People like me thrive on them. Thanks for reading.