Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Vegeta and the Great Dating Adventure ❯ Chapter 8

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Hahahahahahaha…(laughter lingers as Jadedbest walks away).

AN: Okay guys this is it! The finally chapter! If you would like you can leave suggestions for the fourth installment, since I already have an idea for third one (hint to Susan). Before I get started I have to give my dedication so this chapter goes out to Greybus, Susan, Alexa (karak), Jessbear, Sazza, Firaga, Christbeleve, Jay, Cosmicgoku, Papa Bear, Kahlan Nightwing, and S.D.I . Thanks so much for your support and reviews. And for all you non-reviewing readers thanks to you too.

* * *

Danny flew down the deserted road, contemplating whether or not to call Bra again. True she was beautiful, smart, and fun to be with but was she worth the mental anguish. Danny always did like a challenge. It was just a matter of winning her family's trust. He already seemed to have her mother on his side and from the way Bra talked he could probably win the brother over with a little work. That only left her father. Bra seemed to adore him so he couldn't be all bad. Maybe he liked sports or something, if he could figure out what interested the man he could find a way to his heart.

Danny was considering this when there was a loud thunk from the top of his car.

"What the hell?" Danny murmured. It sounded as if it was hailing bowling balls.

His eyes widened in amazement as a foot casually stepped from his roof to his hood. His face went pale with fear as the foot's owner turned and stared directly into his eyes. He couldn't believe it! Here was Bra's father standing on his hood as if he wasn't going almost 70 mph! He slammed on the brakes and came to a sudden stop. Instead of the man flying off and braking his neck, he simple floated in mid-air before lowering himself to ground never once breaking eye contact. It was at this time that Danny realized he was dealing with no mere overprotective father. He had Lucifer himself on his hands.

Vegeta's eyes were full of rage as he slowly walked around the car to the driver's side. Never taking his eyes off of Danny's fear filled ones. Vegeta broke out the window. He reached inside and unlocked the door before snatching it off its hinges. He reached in and yanked a scared shitless Danny out and dragged him around to the front of the car, slamming him on the car hood.

"You don't listen very well," Vegeta growled.

"I didn't touch her! I swear!"

"Lair! I saw where you took her," Vegeta yelled. He hated being lied to.

"But I didn't touch her," Danny said weakly. When Vegeta narrowed his eyes Danny remembered the kiss. Figuring Vegeta had been watching he decided to confess. "And that kiss on the porch was totally her idea!"

Flames exploded in the Saiyan's eyes. "YOU KISSED MY DAUGHTER!" he roared.

`Oh shit,' Danny thought.

Vegeta began slamming the boy on the hood repeatedly. "I told you to keep your body parts away from her! I don't know why no one ever heeds my warning! I gave you chance after chance but it become obvious to me that you have a death wish. Now if you don't tell me the truth about this kiss and where you have hidden my child I swear I will kill you!"

"I'm telling the truth," a barely concussion Danny choked out as blood ran out his mouth.

Vegeta raised an eyebrow. It was strange that after the beating the boy had just taken he would still proclaim his innocence. Vegeta reached into his pocket and pulled out the blasted cell phone. He dialed the boy's number and waited for him to answer. It took six rings.

"Hello," came a sleepy voice.

"Is the girl home yet?" Vegeta barked.

"Yeah. She's been here for about a hour now," Trunks said trying to clear the sleep from his voice.

"Why didn't you call me then?!"

"Oh, dad I'm sorry. I forgot. Bra was really mad at me and it took thirty minutes for me to get her to forgive me. By time I went to bed I had forgotten."

"Did the boy kiss her?" Vegeta asked through clenched teeth.

"No. Actually she kissed him. He even pulled away first. I don't think his so bad after all, Dad. I almost feel kind of bad about torturing the kid."

Vegeta glanced at his bleeding victim on the hood, then returned his attention to the phone call. "Boy," he said.

"Yes Dad?"

"Tomorrow at dawn. You. Me. Gravity room."

"But dad why-"

"Shut up. Just be ready for the beat of your life." Vegeta threw the phone on the ground and stepped on it. He then turned back to Danny. Deciding that the boy deserved what he got because he had taken Bra out in the first place, he sneered at him then took to the air heading back to Capsule Corp.

Danny watched him go and just before he passed out he decided that no one was worth the anguish.

* * *

Vegeta landed on the porch and cautiously entered the house. Seeing no lights in the living room, he crept up the stairs. He walked pass the girl's room. The door was open and the lights were off. The room was deserted. He continued down the hall and began hearing voices as he drew closer to his own room.

Vegeta stood in the doorway and watched. The woman was on the bed with the girl on floor between her legs. The woman was braiding the girl's hair in two French braids (a nightly ritual for the two) while the girl chatted happily.

"Oh mom he was sooo sweet!" Bra said.

"I'm glad you had a good time sweetheart," Bulma said finishing the last plat.

Bra turned her body and looked at her mother. "I did. Do you think he'll really call?"

Bulma touched her forehead to her daughter's and smiled. "Definitely."

Bra giggled.

If Vegeta had been into touchy-feely stuff he would have said the mother-daughter moment was touching. Good thing he wasn't into that type of stuff.

He cleared his throat to make his presence known. Bra looked at the door and smiled. Bulma frowned.

"Daddy!" Bra said jumping up and running over to him. Much to Vegeta's surprise she hugged him, then pulled back and said, "Thank you Daddy."

"For what?" he asked suspiciously.

"For being so understanding. I had the time of my life tonight and I know that if you had wanted to you could have stopped it. I mean can you believe that Trunks waited up for me all night in the bushes. Honestly. Anyway I just wanted to say thank you for being so understanding about this whole dating thing."

"Well…um…you're welcome," Vegeta murmured. He didn't dare look in the woman's direction.

Bra smiled brightly and kissed her father's cheek. "Goodnight Daddy. `Night Mom," she said then turned and left the room.

"Goodnight sweetheart," Bulma called after her. She then turned her, now, narrowed gaze to her husband. She chuckled, her voice holding little humor, as she said, "I can't believe it! Once again you make out like a prince in her eyes when all you are is a jerk."

"Look woman, I'm not in the-" he started.

"Oh cut it, Vegeta, okay?" she said as she stood, preparing for battle. "I don't want to look at you let alone talk to you after that stunt you pulled on me earlier. It was humiliating, degrading, and just down right mean," she said the anger in her voice betraying just how hurt she really was.

Vegeta, in a rare moment, genuinely felt bad. "My actions were not meant to offend your weak little feelings."

Bulma stopped as she realized what he was doing. In his own way, he was actually apologizing. "Vegeta, are you trying to say you're sorry?" she asked in disbelief.

"No."

Bulma smiled. That was exactly what he was doing. Bulma decided that if he felt bad enough to say sorry (well sort of), then she might be able to get something out of this.

"Tell you what Vegeta. We'll forget about this whole night if you'll cut a deal with me."

"What kind of deal?" Vegeta asked cautiously.

"There's a new movie coming out tomorrow that I really want to see. I'm tired of always going out with ChiChi, so you are going to take me."

Vegeta looked at her as if she was crazy. "The hell I am," he said.

Bulma continued as if he hadn't spoken. "Not only that, but after the movie I'm going to be hungry so you're going to take me to dinner. For real this time."

"Now wait just one second-" Vegeta started.

Bulma held up her hand to silence him. "And if you don't I will never, ever forgive you."

Vegeta studied her closely. She didn't look as if she was joking. Though he would probably appreciate her hatred during the day, nights at Capsule Corp. would get pretty lonely pretty quick.

"Fine," he grunted.

Bulma smiled. "Good," she said then turned and went into the bathroom to get ready for bed.

Vegeta stormed out the room and down the hall. He didn't know how yet but some how this was all the boy's fault. He stormed into Trunks' room. "Wake up," he roared.

Trunks sat up straight, rubbing sleep out of his eye. "What Dad?"

"Put on your training clothes and meet me in the gravity room."

"But dad, you said dawn," Trunks protested.

"If your sorry ass isn't down there in five minutes, I'll come up and get you," Vegeta said dangerously as he left the room.

"Damn it," Trunks murmured as he climbed out of bed. Sometimes he really hated coming home for the weekend.

* * *

Well there it is! Vegeta and the Great Dating Adventure is now complete. Now that you've read the whole story, please drop me a review and let me know what you think of this little piece of literature. And as always, thanks for reading.