Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Vegeta and the Great Pet Adventure ❯ Chapter 4

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: If only…

AN: Thanks for all your reviews. Last time on Vegeta and the Great Pet Adventure: `Little' Vegeta better known as Lucifer has out stayed his welcome in Vegeta's home and the Prince plots to get rid of him. Meanwhile, Bulma and the kids were invited to Goku's annual BBQ. Vegeta sees this as his chance to put his plan into action, but a plea from his daughter and an offer from his mate made him reconsider. Will Vegeta hold his end of the bargain and let the bird live or is the pest just begging for it?

* * *

Vegeta walked over to bird, which was perched on its bench. He squatted so he was eye level with the beast, "Now it's just you and me Lucifer."

The heathen cocked his head to one side and than leaned forward on clapped his beck around Vegeta's nose.

Vegeta stumbled back in surprised, holding his bloody nose. "Why you little piece of sh-" , Vegeta growled as he tried to grab the bird. The bird took to the air, hovering just out of Vegeta's reach. "Get down here you little bastard!" Vegeta yelled as he made several futile attempts to reach the creature.

"Vegetablehead!" the devil squawked mockingly, as the vertically impaired Vegeta tried to reach him.

`Damn it! I can't reach hi-. Wait a second. What the hell I'm I thinking. I can fly.' Vegeta thought.

Vegeta floated up till he was right in front of the beast. He smirked in satisfaction.

Vegeta stared at Satan. Satan stared back at him.

Then much to Vegeta's surprise, Lucifer retreated, heading towards the basement door.

Vegeta stayed where he was for a minute. It had been a long time since he had been in the heat of battle, watching an enemy retreat in fear. It felt good. If he were a nice guy, he would be satisfied with letting the animal quiver in fear in the basement. But, of course he wasn't a nice guy he thought with an evil smile. He quickly flew through the basement door.

The room was completely dark. He didn't know where to find the light switch. Vegeta had never been in this room because … well… it had no food or training equipment why would he need to come down here? Vegeta landed and began to listen for any signs of life. That when he heard it.

"Ve-ge-table-head," came the whisper.

Vegeta quickly turned and searched for the voice but it seemed to becoming from more than one place in the room.

"Ve-ge-table-head," the whisper echoed through the dark room. Vegeta turned in circles. The voice was all around him. Mocking him.

"Ve-ge-table-head, Ve-ge-table-head, Ve-ge-table-head," the voice started moving faster. Every now and than Vegeta would hear the flapping of wings.

"STOP MOCKING ME!" he roared.

The bird let out a squawk that sounded almost like a cackle.

"Come out and fight me like a bird!" Vegeta yelled into the darkness.

`To hell with this," Vegeta thought, "if he won't come out I'll blast him out."

Vegeta lifted his hand and lit a small ki blast in his hand. He pointed it at a spot where he had heard wings flapping and fired. When the smoke cleared, Vegeta looked at the mess around him and mentally sighed. The woman was really going to get on his case about this one. Decided it didn't matter he began to look through the debris for his opponent. He moved a piece of ceiling and there lay Lucifer. He turned his green head and looked at the Vegeta. Vegeta picked up the bird and looked him directly in the eye.

"Say Prince Vegeta," Vegeta said in a menacing voice.

"Vege-table-head," came the hoarse reply.

Vegeta growled as he barred his teeth at the animal.

"You will learn to show me the respect I deserve!" With bird in hand Vegeta marched up the steps and head towards Bulma's lab.

Vegeta entered the lab and flipped a switch. A light came on above the steel surgical table in the middle of the room. Vegeta walked over and slammed the bird on the table. He then made quick work of strapping the devil to the table. When he was done Vegeta stood over the table admiring his handy work. Lucifer at first struggled against his bonds but then gave up and laid still.

"Well, well, well," Vegeta said as he walked slowly around the table. "You're not so bold now that you have no one to protect you. You thought you had it all figured out, didn't you? You thought that as long as you had the girl on your side you could run my house. Well I'm going to show that there is only one master of this house and that's me." Vegeta stopped and leaned into the table. "Now, say Prince Vegeta."

"Vege-table-ble-head," the animal spit back.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk," Vegeta said shaking his head. He reached down to the tail of the bird and violently yanked off one of his feathers.

Lucifer gave a weak cry and Vegeta laughed evilly.

"Maybe Prince Vegeta is to much for your little bird brain to handle," Vegeta said tauntingly. "So I'm going to make it easy on you. Simply say Vegeta and I will grant you permission to live."

"Ve-ge-ta" Lucifer said weakly.

Vegeta smiled in triumph.

"-ble-head."

Vegeta's smile turned to a frown. Rage began to grow in the pit of his stomach.

"You will regret that bird!" Vegeta said with pure hate. Vegeta left the lab and headed towards the kitchen. Once he was there he pulled out a large pot. He filled it with water and sat it on the stove. `That damned bird is going to bend to my will even if I have to boil him into it!' Vegeta thought as he watched the water beginning to bubble.

When the water reached it's boiling point, Vegeta headed back to the lab to fetch his prisoner. He didn't actually intend to boil the animal to death, after all he had given the woman his word he wouldn't kill him, but he did intend to make the vermin sweat. He intend to show him who was boss.

Vegeta entered the lab smiling wickedly. His eyes bugged out in surprise when he looked at the table. Lucifer was gone! The straps that had held him looked as though they had been chewed through.

"Damn it," Vegeta muttered has he began searching the lab for any signs of the bird. There were none. Vegeta then started searching the rest of the house and came up with nothing. He looked under the couch for the third time then sat up. Where could the bird have gone?

* * *

The party was jumping. There was great food, great music, and great company. Bulma hadn't had so much fun in years. She danced with almost everyone, Krillin, Goku, Gohan, but most of all with Yamucha. The man may have had his faults, but no one could deny that he was a great dancer. Bulma had just finished dancing with Yamucha when Pan came running up to her.

"Bulma, Bulma," she said as she tugged urgently at Bulma's shirttail.

"What is it, sweetheart?" Bulma asked bending over.

"Bra's sad." Pan said.

"Sad? What's wrong with her?" Bulma asked concerned.

"I don't know. She wouldn't tell me. Will you go see if she's ok?" Pan asked worried about her friend.

"I sure will. Where is she?" Bulma asked.

"Over there. On the swings." Pan pointed.

Bulma nodded and started heading in her daughter's direction. She stopped in front of Bra.

"Is something wrong, Bra?" Bulma asked gently.

Bra shrugged her little shoulders. "I was just wondering if Vegeta was okay."

Bulma held back a sigh. She had known Bra's mood must have something to do with the bird. She sat on the swing next her daughter. "You're really worried about him, huh?"

Bra just put her head down.

"Do you want to go call him?" Bulma asked.

Bra's head snapped up. "We could do that?"

"Sure," Bulma said encouragingly. "We'll go in and call the house and you can tell daddy to put the phone to Vegeta's ear. Want to try it?"

Bra smiled. "Okay!" she said happily. Bulma stood up and held out her hand. Bra took it as she got off the swing. Together the walked towards the house.

* * *

Capsule Corps. was a mess. Vegeta had turned the building upside down looking for the cretin. He had left no couch cushion unturned, no shower stall unexplored.

He was now in the kitchen throwing things left and right from the cupboard. He had just thrown down a can of chicken noodle soup when the phone began to ring. Angrily he grabbed the phone off the cradle almost ripping the phone off the wall.

"What!" he barked into the receiver.

"Hi, Daddy!" said a cheerfully little voice.

Vegeta stopped. Why was she calling? Did she know that he had lost the bird? But how could she?

"What do you want?" he asked cautiously.

"I want to talk to Vegeta ," she said.

"You all ready are."

Bra giggled. "Daddy, I was talking about `little' Vegeta. Can I talk to him?"

"No," Vegeta said quickly.

"Why not?" Bra asked confused.

"Because …uh…because he's sleeping." The lie shocked Vegeta. He had never lied to his daughter before.

"Oh, well that's okay then." Bra said sadly. "Well, here mommy."

`Oh, great,' Vegeta thought. He maybe able to lie to his daughter, but the woman wouldn't buy a word that he was saying.

"Veggie-chan?"

"What?"

"Why didn't you let her talk to `little' Vegeta?"

"Because he's sleeping," Vegeta said stubbornly.

"Sleeping?!" Bulma said in confusion. Then her eyes narrowed suspiciously. She was about to tell Vegeta he was full of crap when she noticed Bra staring up at her. She covered the mouthpiece before saying, "Sweetheart go get Trunks. We're going to leave as soon as I get off the phone."

"Okay mommy," Bra said obediently before running from the room.

When she was sure Bra was out of earshot she said into the phone, "Did you kill that bird Vegeta?"

"No. `I didn't kill that bird,'" Vegeta said mimicking her tone.

"Vegeta if you laid one finger on that bird-," Bulma said warningly.

"You'll what?" Vegeta challenged.

"I'll-" Bulma started.

"Mom, mom, mom!"

Bulma turned to see Trunks running in the room.

"Mom do we really have to leave now," Trunks whined.

"Yes Trunks we do. Take Bra and tell everyone goodbye then tell Gohan we're ready to go."

After Trunks and Bra were gone, Bulma put the phone back to her ear. "We'll talk about this when I get home. We're on our way now." With that she hung up the phone.

Vegeta threw the phone on the ground and then began rubbing his temples. Life sucked. I mean it really sucked. The bird was gone and he didn't know where to find it. His family was on their way home and would soon know the animal was missing. And he knew exactly what would happen when the brats got home. The boy would shake his head at him in shame, the girl would start to cry and the woman would begin to yell. Even worse the woman may just stop talking to him. It wasn't that he liked talking to Bulma, far from it actually, it was just when she refused to speak at all that was just plain … well … eerie.

Vegeta sighed. `What did I do to deserve this,' he thought.

* * *

Oooohhhhhhhh! Vegeta's in troubblle! Want to know what happens when Bulma and the kids get home? Well you come on back for chapter 5, ye' hear? Don't forget to review. And thanks for reading.