Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Vegeta and the Great Pet Adventure ❯ Chapter 5

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Why *cries out in agony* oh, why don't I own Dragonball Z. * cries of pain continue *

AN: This chapter and any ones to come must be dedicated to my daddy. He is just too awesome for words. This chapter has a lot of … um… I guess you call them daydreams. So they will be separated from reality by a ~*~ at the beginning and end of the daydream. Anyway, last time on Vegeta and the Great Pet Adventure: Lucifer is gone! Normally a statement like this would be met with cheers of joy but Vegeta finds only sorrow in this. For his family is on their way home and they are going to kill him when they find out. What will he do now? I don't know. Let's see.

* * *

Vegeta sighed. `What did I do to deserve this,' he thought.

Vegeta shook his head. This was not like him. This self-pity. When he had thought that he would never become a Super Saiyin, he still hadn't given up. `And I won't be defeated now,' he decided. With that he restarted his search for the bird.

* * *

"I can't wait to get home and see Vegeta! I've never seen him sleep before," Bra said excitedly from the back of the craft.

`Sleep my ass,' Bulma thought from the passenger seat. She turned in her seat and said, "Look, Bra, sweetheart," she started, "don't get to excited about seeing … I mean… don't get upset if Vegeta's not … well no matter what happens mommy will buy you a new birdie..." she promised.

Bra's eyebrows knitted in confusion. "But I already have a birdie mommy."

Trunks looked at his sister, "Mom is trying to tell you that Dad killed Vegeta."

Bra's eyes widened in fear as she looked at her mother.

"Trunks!" Bulma admonished. "That's not what I'm saying at all." `I hope' she thought.

Bra turned to her brother in annoyance. "Stop trying to scare me Trunks! Daddy said he wouldn't hurt Vegeta and I believe him."

Trunks arched an eyebrow.

Bra raised her stubborn little chin. "I'll tell you exactly what happened while we were gone…"

~*~

Vegeta walked into the room with a smile and a bowl of birdseeds in hand. He walked over to the cage and opened the cage door then sat the bowl inside.

"How is my good birdie today?" Vegeta asked tenderly.

"Fine thank you," little Vegeta squawked.

Vegeta reached in the bowl and placed some of the seeds in his hand. He held out his hand and let little Vegeta eat out of his hand.

After swallowing the seeds, little Vegeta said in a singsong voice, " Thank you, Grandpa."

~*~

"Wait just a minute," Trunks said.

Bra looked at her brother in annoyance. "What?"

"Why would Vegeta call dad `Grandpa'?"

"Duh, because Vegeta is my baby so that would make daddy his grandpa." Bra said this as if it was the most logical thing in the whole world. "Now, don't interrupt me again!" she said as she turned back to Pan, who was listening intently to her. Trunks just shook his head in disbelief.

~*~

"That's a good birdie," Vegeta said fondly.

Vegeta put his arm in the cage and let little Vegeta climb on to his arm. He pulled the bird out and began to gently rub the parrot's head. Vegeta kissed the bird's head.

"You're such a sweet bird. Now I want you to go to sleep so you won't be too tried for Bra to play with you tomorrow."

Vegeta then placed little Vegeta back in his cage. He walked to the door and just before he turned off the light he said, "I love you, Vegeta."

"I love you, Vegeta," the parrot whispered back in a sleepy voice.

Vegeta smiled and turned off the light and shut the door.

~*~

"And Daddy and Vegeta lived happily ever after," Bra finished happily.

Pan sighed dreamily. Gohan and Bulma looked at each other in shock. Trunks only continued to shake his head in disbelief. His sister was so delusional sometimes. His father didn't even tell them he loved them before bed so what made her think he would say it to a bird he called Lucifer? Trunks had told his mother that all those fairy tales she read her at night would eventually rot Bra's mind. But nobody ever listened to him.

`I know exactly what happened while we were gone,' he thought.

~*~

Vegeta sat on the family room couch reading the paper.

Little Vegeta cocked his green head to one side then squawked, "Vegetablehead!"

Vegeta lifted his palm and pointed it at the cage. He lit a small ki blast and fired. Nothing was left of the cage but ashes.

Vegeta turned the page of the paper murmuring, "Now, I'll get some damn peace around here."

~*~

Trunks smirked. It wasn't that he wanted the bird dead. He just thought it was funny when his dad blew things up.

He was about to give Bra his theory on what happened when his mom turned around and gave him a look that said `I know what your thinking and you better not say it.' He decided to keep his thoughts to himself. For now.

Bulma leaned her head back. What was she going to do? Vegeta had done something awful, she just knew it. Even with their little deal she was sure of it. Vegeta knew just as well as she did that she could no more keep her hands off him than he could keep his off her. They both knew she could only stay mad at him for so long.

`Damn it. Why did I leave Vegeta with that bird?' she thought.

She knew her husband pretty well and she could only imagine what had happened that night.

~*~

Vegeta entered the lab and flipped a switch. A light came on above the steel surgical table in the middle of the room. Vegeta walked over and slammed the bird on the table. He then made quick work of strapping the devil to the table. When he was done Vegeta stood over the table admiring his handy work. Lucifer at first struggled against his bonds but then gave up and laid still.

"Well, well, well," Vegeta said as he walked slowly around the table. "You're not so bold now that you have no one to protect you. You thought you had it all figured out, didn't you? You thought that as long as you had the girl on your side you could run my house. Well I'm going to show that there is only one master of this house and that's me." Vegeta stopped and leaned into the table. "Now, say Prince Vegeta."

"Vege-table-ble-head," the animal spit back.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk," Vegeta said shaking his head. He reached down to the tail of the bird and violently yanked off one of his feathers.

Lucifer gave a weak cry and Vegeta laughed evilly.

~*~

If he hadn't tortured the poor animal he probably tried to boil him to death or something.

Bulma sighed. `Oh Kami, I hope I'm wrong,' she thought. "Please Vegeta, don't have killed that bird," she prayed softly.

Gohan being the only one who heard her, looked at Bulma with disbelief. "Oh come on Bulma. You don't really that Vegeta would have killed the animal, do you?" he asked softly.

Bulma threw him a look that said `Are you kidding me?'

Gohan gulped and returned his attention to stirring them home.

* * *

Vegeta was stumped. He had taken almost every room in the compound apart piece by piece and had come up with nothing. He only had two rooms left. The living room and Bulma's office. Since it was closer, Vegeta decided to start with the latter.

When he entered her office he was already in a pretty pissy mood. As he began looking through her many file cabinets anger began to grow again. Where was that damned bird? Who did he think he was making him search all over the place for him? He really, really hated that bird. The times Bulma took the kids out to do things were suppose to be his time to collect his thoughts and remind himself why he didn't just Final Flash them all and be done with it. But no, he had to spend the evening searching for an animal that he was glad was gone, all because he didn't want to see his brat of a daughter cry. They were always doing things like this to him. He promised himself then and there that he would make them pay for this.

As he continued to brood, his ki began to fluctuate. And without knowing it his anger grew till he went Super Saiyin. He didn't know he had until he reached Bulma's desk and slammed his hand on top of a stack of papers. The heat radiating from his body caused his hand to burn straight through the stack. Vegeta closed his eyes and slowly pulled his hand out of the stack and back away from the desk.

He recalled Bulma beginning excited about finally getting some big project she had been working on down on paper. He really hadn't been listening because he really didn't care. But he did remember her calling it the Alpha-Tuner project. He slowly opened his eyes and walked over to the desk again. He looked down at what was left of the top paper. Most of it was burnt to high hell but he could clearly make out the words `Alpha-Tuner' at the top of the page.

"AAHHHH Fuck!" Vegeta roared at Dende above. He was sure Dende was laughing back.

* * *

Okay kiddies it's time to review. See you next chapter. Thanks for reading.