Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ What Dreams Become ❯ The Raid ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

I do not own DBZ that privilege belongs to Akira Toriyama it's owner and creator..

:What a person is thinking:

::Mind to mind conversation; mental telepathy for those who want to get technical.::

Just wanted to thank those who reviewed my work. .




What Dreams Become

Chapter Three

The Raid

Where to get her unexpected guest some clothes without drawing attention to herself? Normally she could just grab something from the supply line at Capsule Corp without a bother. The only drawback was that every employee knew who she was and there might be some awkward questions. Why did she want clothes that were not in her size?

She did not want to draw attention to herself at that moment. She really had no idea what she was going to do with a complete, alien stranger in the house. Right now they were stowed away in her grandmother's old working lab. Tucked away, off to one side, was a small living quarters that Bulma had installed where she could crash rather than have to go back to the main building.

As a small child, Teancha would go there seeking solace from her grandmother who was a little more understanding of her fears. She could cry all she wanted within the embrace of her grandmother. Her grandfather grew very uncomfortable whenever she would start to cry. He would make some comment and walk away which would only hurt her feelings worse.

It wasn't until she was older that she came to understand that strong emotions were something he had trouble showing. His actions spoke louder than any amount of words ever could. She had learned how to read between the lines and observe that he really was proud of his family. He really did care about what happened to those around him. He did not believe in mouthing empty words as others did all the time.

There were times when she wished that he could be just a little more sensitive. He seemed to be more open with his daughter, Bura then he was with Trunks. He was definitely more strict with her than he was with Trunks. Her foster brother could go just about any place he pleased. She had to tell him where she was going and for how long.

If she were one minute late he would round on her as if the world was about to end. Grandmother said that was his way of showing that he cared. If he did not care then he would not make such an issue of her being late. That sounded very well in theory, but didn't help lessen things when she found herself being grounded for the third time that month.

Once, she had made the mistake of pointing out that Trunks was always staying out later than his curfew. She had only wound up getting *both* of them grounded that time. Trunks had made her life a living hell for the entire month. Now, even he was making demands about her whereabouts. What was it about the male species? She could have sworn there was a double standard in there somewhere.

Her guest was taller than her grandfather so she could not *borrow* any of his clothes. He was also much bulkier than her brother Trunks so none of his clothes would fit either. She stood there thinking for a few minutes. :Well, he is about the same height of grandpa Goku; although, he is not as muscular as grandpa. Yes, that will be the perfect solution. Surely, grandpa won't begrudge me one little outfit,: she thought wearing a smirk of mischief that lit up her eyes. :Yes, that will be the perfect solution.:

She popped into the air above the Sons household and focused her mind on the layout of the inside. She could feel grandma Chichi cooking in the kitchen humming some song to herself. A bemused smile sprang to life on her lips. She really like her grandma Chichi since she was such a wonderful cook. The only drawback was that her grandma could be so strict at times.

Teancha remembered an incident when she was still a young kid trying to act like her grandfather. She had been visiting the Sons with Trunks and they were just finishing up with the meal when Chichi asked her to do the dishes. She had put her hands on her hips stating in her six-year old voice, " I don't do women's work."

" What," Chichi had squawked in a rather *loud* voice that held overtones of extreme danger. Her dark eyes had narrowed very noticeably while everyone else in the vicinity had back away warily. Goku had disappeared in an instant as had the rest of the other males. When Teancha had glanced around it was to find herself completely alone facing a very irrate Chichi.

" Women's work," the words were pure ice spat into the air to fall at the little girl's trembling feet. " We'll just see about that."

Chichi did the unexpected by leaving the trembling wreck in her kitchen to go over into the livingroom. Thinking she was in the clear, she had made a run for it. She flew home as fast as she could landing at Capsule Corps breathing a sigh of relief. The front door had opened at her presence and she was just making her way to her room when a voice froze her in her tracks.

" I just got off the phone with Chichi. We had a *very interesting* conversation. It seems we have a little brat who thinks that she is too good to do *women's work*, " the look her grandmother threw her froze the blood in her heart. The flash in those blue, sapphire eyes made her tremble.

:I am dead,: was all she had time to think before a storm descended down upon her. She had spent the next six weeks doing *women's work* over at the Sons under Chichi's sharp eyes. To say that she came to respect all the work her grandma Chichi did around the house was the understatement of all time. She would forever hate doing laundry. How could people go through so much laundry in such a short length of time? And her grandpa was sooo picky about the way his gi was the be washed! The worst part was that her grandma did it the old fashion way.

Never. Never again did she *ever* refer to it as women's work. She had learned how to cook a decent meal. She had later learned how to do all her chores by using just the power of her mind. She could do several different things at once by focusing her ki on an object and moving it around with just her thoughts alone.

She was still mastering her newest technique of finding an object she desired and teleporting it to her. The method was still a little imprecise and she sometimes wound up with items other than what she was focusing on. She was using two mental commands at the same time so this took a great deal of concentration and time.

She was in a hurry so this method would not suit her purposes. If she had had more time it would have been perfect. She located her grandpa on the other side of the mountain sparring with her Uncle Goten, as she thought of him. Technically, he was her grandfather on her father's side in a future world a hundred years removed from this one.

Uncle Gohan and Aunt Videl were away somewhere with their daughter Pan. The situation could not have been anymore perfect. Everyone else was away except for her grandma who was busy in the kitchen. She could easily pop in, take what she wanted and leave before anyone was the wiser.

She took a deep breath, jumped into her grandparents' bedroom. She knew where he kept all his spare gi clothing. She did not know how the stranger would react to regular clothes. He reminder her of a warrior so thought he might like to wear something to match his profession.

Lately, her grandpa had been favoring a blue colored gi rather than the old style of orange. She took one of his old orange thinking that he might not miss this one as readily as he would the current ones. It looked a little worn, but smelled clean. At the last minute she took some clothes from his closet that she knew he rarely if ever wore.

She was getting ready to pop back to Bulma's old work lab when she got a whiff of Chichi's cooking and her stomach gave an appreciative growl. This reminded her that it had been hours since she last ate. Should she wait?

Was that her imagination or did her stomach just growl a very loud protest? As if to emphasize its point it roared this time. :Okay, I get the message. Any louder and Chichi will be onto me then I'll have to do chores all morning.:

She jumped outside, stashed away the bundle a short distance away from the house then appeared in front of the door. She hammered really hard on the door as if she were some impatient salesman. She could hear Chichi inside slam something down on the counter. There was impatient footsteps heading to the door as if her grandma was going to really lay into this unexpected visitor.

She popped into the kitchen taking some things that were within easy reach. She could hear her grandma slam open the front door. There was utter silence for a full minute while the lady of the house was looking for the culprit. Then the front door came crashing closed.

Teancha grabbed one last item and hightailed it out of there before a very irrate Chichi came back into the kitchen. She could not help the snicker that escaped when she heard her grandma's growl of rage at founding out someone had ransacked her perfectly arranged kitchen.

"That Goku!" came the cry just as she was preparing for a jump back to the lab. She winced with a touch of sympathy. Her grandpa was in for a really rough morning.

She was ever so glad that no one could trace her ki while she was completely cloaked. Even while performing feats she had the ability to cloak her signature ki from others. This technique was all her own since no one else had taught it to her. There were many advantages to being able to conceal her special ki from others. It made it harder for her grandfather locate her. The down side was that she had a hard time suppressing her ki to a lower level like her other relatives could.

When she was not cloaking, her ki was like a very large red banner waving out in the open for anyone to find her. Sometimes when she was really concentrating on something hard, her cloak of concealment would slip and her signature would radiate out for all to read. Of course, then everyone knew what she was up to. If it was something that she was not suppose to be doing, there was instant, immediate consequences.

The guest had a towel wrapped around his middle when she appeared in the room unannounced. The chair he had been sitting in, fell over backwards as he jumped to his feet almost losing the towel in the process. There was a ki blast in his hand armed and ready to throw.

" Sorry about that," she apologized her face turning a little red, " I thought that you would still be taking a shower. Here," she handed him one of the bundles that she was carrying. It was the other one that drew his attention. Whatever was coming from beneath the cloth smelled very good. He felt his mouth begin to water. " One of these outfits should fit you," her view of him was obscured by the twin bundles that she was carrying.

" Uh, we don't dress in front of strangers," she uttered the protest when he reached to untug the towel, " My grandma would have a fit," she shuddered just thinking about it.

Grumbling about alien hangups, he snatched the bundle then went back inside the bathroom. He stepped out of the bathing facility dressed in the orange gi, the other outfit had been laughable. He spotted the girl seated at the table eating the food he had smelled earlier. She looked up at his entrance and did a very curious thing.

She dropped the utensil she had been holding while jumping to her feet wearing a *very* guilty expression on her face. She swallowed almost choking on what she had been eating.

" Grandpa," there was silent dread in her tones as if she were destined for the gallows.

He looked around quickly to see who she was addressing. Seeing no one else in the room he focused his attention back on her.

" Whom are you addressing?"

She blinked at him a few time. She studied his face then seemed to come to a conclusion. " You look so much like my grandpa, Goku," she sat down in her seat reaching over to pick up the utensil she had dropped, " except that he doesn't have that scar," she indicated the scar he had gotten in a moment of carelessness in his younger years.

He plopped down in the only other chair and reached over to grab some of the food that was driving him crazy. He was very hungry. She handed him a plate indicating that he should put his choices on that piece.

" You mentioned this Goku before," he unfurled his tail flicking it to the side a sure sign that he was interested in the subject matter.

" Hey, you have a tail," this was said in wonderment and could he say envy?

He barely glanced at the appendage in question, " It's natural for my people. We are born with them."

She looked away a shadow crossing her face. She pushed away her plate as if she had just lost her appetite.

" The red planet that I was on. What name do you give it?"

He could not quite read the strange look in her green eyes. It was almost as if she already knew the answer and was hoping he would say something else. He shrugged. The girl should already know since she was had been there.

" Vegeta. My home world was called Vegeta."

" I was afraid that you would say that," she slumped in her seat, " By the way what is your name?'

He glanced over at her as she sat there looking very dejected for reasons that he could not fathom. Aliens acted so strangely at times.

" I'm Bardock," he said simply.

" Never heard that name before," she shrugged, " I'm Teancha Briefs but most people call me Tean or Tia."

" Which is it?"

" Depends upon what I've done," there was a faint smirk of mischief on her lips.

He grunted going back to his meal.




So now Teancha knows that her mysterious guest is from planet Vegeta and that he is a Sayian. What impact will this news have the future? Histories are revealed in the next chapter (on Teancha's past) and Bardock gets a little taste of just what makes a SSJ. Just when things get really interesting there is a knock at the door... What will Teancha do? Is the gig up? And what about poor Goku who was left to deal with an irate Chichi? Find out in the next chapter.