Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ What Dreams Become ❯ Histories Revealed ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]


I do not own DBZ that privilege belongs to Akira Toriyama it's owner and creator..

:What a person is thinking:

::Mind to mind conversation; mental telepathy for those who want to get technical.::

A big thanks to all who took the time to review or else this little piece would have been history.




What Dreams Become

Chapter Four

Histories Revealed

Goku was dodging a kick aimed at his head by his son Goten. He laughed and sent his youngest son flying to land in the grass.

" One of these days, dad, I'm going to be the one to send you flying," his son was saying when his wife came tearing up to them with fire in her eyes. Goten watched impassively as Chichi stood there with both hands on her hips.

The smile slid off of Goku's face when he caught sight of his very irate spouse. " Chichi, what are you doing up here?" he asked warily while his son sat there watching the fireworks.

" I spent all morning slaving in the kitchen over a hot stove for my family and what thanks do I get? Someone came in and stole the very thing that I was preparing for lunch. What do you have to say to that?"

" What!" the cry came from two throats. " Are you saying that someone stole our lunch?"

" Yes, that's exactly what I am saying," she shouted as if they were both very dense individuals.

" Does that mean we are going to get lunch today?" Goten asked watching Chichi stare her husband down.

" If you want to eat then you two are going to have to chase down the culprits. I have other things to do than chase after food thieves." She crossed her arms and stalked away leaving the two males to stare after her.

" Ah, dad, we could always go over to Trunks and eat," his son suggested wanting to put some distance between him and his mother. He had learned as a little boy to disappear when she was in that mood.

Goku studied his son while wearing an expression that he was thinking. When it came to certain things Goku's mind worked really well--mainly when it came to new fighting styles or new techniques. When it came to the real world, well, sometimes he was a little clueless. This gave some people the impression that he was a flake. His priorities were not along the normal lines of most people either.

" Didn't Tean learn some new sort of technique a few years ago from that alien she helped rescue?"

Goten blinked at him in the sudden change of topics. " Tia? What does she have do with having our lunch being swiped?"

His father gave him a pointed look. " Ah, well...she can do something along the lines of your *instant transmission* only different."

" Do you know how it works?"

His son shook his head, " She would never go into detail. She said that it was a secret," he rolled his eyes. Tean could be so bossy trying to get him and Trunks to do things for her. So what if she were quicker than both of them. She was still a girl and she was four years their junior. Lately, he did not have much contact with the Briefs.

" Hmmm," Goku crossed his arms and placed his chin between his thumb and index finger. He tapped his chin with his index finger while gazing directly up.

Goten sat on the grass pulling up some blades of grass and tossing them aside. He glanced up when his father spoke.

" We are going over to the Briefs," he announced making Goten shake his head since that was what he had suggested in the fist place.

* * *

: Vegeta. I was actually there and witnessed its destruction. I saw the whole thing being played out live, in a front row seat. How could I have been so blind? How could I have missed the most obvious clue? Sayians all have tails!:

The table and other furniture in the room began to shake, a sure warning of her rising emotions. Her ki was rising right along with them. She was so lost to self blame that she failed to notice the first signs that she was losing control. When the table up ended on its side, splitting in half, sending plates and food flying she clamped down.

Her guest, Bardock, jumped back and dove into a defensive position looking around for the source of the attack.

She slumped her shoulders sighing heavily, " Sorry about that," she gave him a rueful smile, " whenever I lose control things have a way of happening around me," she grimaced at the mess on the floor. The table was history and would have to be replaced or her grandmother would throw a fit.

It was under rare instances when she lost control of her ability. It was usually under extreme emotional reactions that would send her ki rising to such an extreme measure. Her grandfather had drilled her until she could keep control and keep this from happening. No one really knew what would happen if she were to suddenly flare out of control.

Her grandfather had forbidden that she ever try to achieve SSJ3 by herself. She had tried it once when she was six and been caught BIG time. When her grandfather had gotten through with her, she had wished that she had never even thought of it. He had made her swear to never do it on her own. She would have sworn anything at that point.

His look had been fierce and glacial, something she did not want to experience again. That very dark, intense, cold stare had scared her to the deepest depths of her little soul.

" Was that place really Vegeta?"

He gave her an irritated stared. What was the point of this conversation? Had she not been aware of the planet she was on? Why had she been on Vegeta? A spy for Frieza that was expendable?

" It was," he grunted looking down at remained of his meal. The child's timing could not have been worse than it was. He was still hungry.

" Vegeta," the word was barely audible, " I was actually there and walked upon its surface."

:I think this kid really is touched in the head. She acts as if she touched holy land,: he snorted at the thought. There was nothing about his home world except that...now it no longer existed. He clenched his fist drawing blood.

" I looked up and saw a red sky instead of a blue one. It was a real place with real people. It actually existed and was not part of some story. All wiped out in a moment of existence," a tear slid down her face, " Just like my parents and brothers were wiped out. All because of who they were."

" What the," Bardock stepped back with some alarm when he saw little objects in the room start flying up. The air inside the room started to heat up as if an intensely, hot sun was beating down on them. He felt his clothes turn soaking wet in moments. There could only be one source for all that was happening. The kid! But how was it possible that someone so young was generating that much power. He did not need a scouter to tell him that her power was on the rise.

Unexpectedly, without his consent, he was thrown forcibly into a torrent of memories that almost overwhelmed all his senses. He found himself look down upon the peaceful scene of a young child that was barely out of toddler-hood. She was playing by herself near a small pond. She seemed to be concentrating on a sequence of movements. There was a smirk of triumph on in her face when she achieved her goal. She laughed aloud as she did the complex number of series again.

Elsewhere, there were four male figures battling it out at speeds that amazed even him. He could barely perceive their movements they were moving so fast. He hovered there as the three younger ones, he could tell now, were taking turns going up against the older male.

" Come on, dad, I can take you on any day," one of the boys was boasting his black hair hanging into his eyes.

The oldest boy with hair a little darker shade of silver than Tean's snorted where he stood leaning against a tree. His hair was well clipped and spiky expect for a few locks that fell forward over his left eye.

The vision abruptly switched to a different scene where the four males were now entering into a modest house. There was a female with long, silver locks that hung down past her waist standing near the entrance. She was smiling as the four males tramped into the house laughing. She playfully dodged aside when the oldest male reached out an arm for her. The three boys all rolled their eyes smirking when the two embraced and shared a long intimate moment. This seemed to be a daily ritual. He could sense that these two were deeply devoted to each other.

He was not sure what to make of these close ties and wondered at it. Was this what it was like for other races? He had never wanted to have any kind of attachments in his life. He was devoted to his job...rather had been.

" Where's Tean?" The female asked.

" She'll be along shortly," the husband answered.

" I'm worried about her. She pushes herself to the extreme trying to keep pace with the boys."

Her three sons all shared a look, " She's a throw-back to great-grandfather," nobody had to specify which one.

" A throw-back," she seemed insulted at the very idea, " I should hope not. My grandfather was not an easy person to get along with. He was driven with determination to be the best at everything he did. He was arch rivals with the Sons for the longest time. My dad said that he could be down right mean at times."

" The term is impossible," her spouse said with a laugh.

" Impossible or not I want you boys to spend more time with her. She is isolated enough here as it is," she called after her sons as they all went to wash up for lunch. She sighed, " I just wish there wasn't such an age difference between her and the boys. Seven years is a long time."

" No one plans to have a late child. Some times it just happens. She's a neat little package that was sent for us to enjoy later in life," he hugged her close to him.

" I know. Gaban is right, in that she is such a determined child. I hope that she is not like my granddad. He was so full of pride in the early years that he let nothing stand in his way. Winning, wanting to be the best was all he could think about."

" All that changed when Buu entered into the picture," he reminded her, " that pink thing took everything he ever cared about. He was not as aloof as he pretended to be."

" It was his hidden love for my grandmother that really changed him. She was his one rock that he could cling to. His childhood must have been a living nightmare."

He held her hand, " Our daughter's set of circumstances are vastly different. She is growing up in a healthy environment with both parents. She is not some orphan being raised by a cold, terrifying monster."

" I guess you are right," she gave him a quick kiss on the forehead while sending him a message that looked very promising for later that night.

The peaceful scene was shattered, as a large shadow loomed over the house. Moments later there was an ominous rumble then all was still except for the linger layers of dust and debris.

He was released from the vision abruptly. It had been so real that he could still feel the place trembling. The girl! He ran over and slapped her breaking her concentration. She drew in a deep breath while sending him flying across the room with only a flick of her mind. His airborne flight was rapidly halted when he slammed into the opposite wall with force.

Pieces of plaster and other building material rained down on him as he sat there staring straight ahead trying to comprehend what had just happened. :She never even laid a hand on me,: he was startled by the implications. :What race does she come from to hold that kind of power? Was this one of the reasons Frieza sought to get rid of us? Because he had just found another race of super beings that were more reliable than his own?:

Teancha came crashing back down into the real world. She heard a body impacting the wall and ran over to investigate. He appeared to be a little dazed but conscious.

" That was pure reflexes drilled into me by my grandfather," she gave him a very ironic smile, " he very much believes in doing the unexpected. I've learned to be inventive when he pulls one of his *surprises* on me."

He was not sure just what this kid was capable of but he did not want to be on the receiving end. What was the rest of her race capable of doing? This was just a child who had not even reached her full potential.

" Are you a full blooded Sayian," she asked abruptly bring him out of his thoughts. Had he heard her rightly? Was she questioning his pure blood?

" Yes I am," he jumped to his feet brushing off the dusty debris from his clothing. He sounded highly insulted, " I am no mongrel half-breed of no status."

" It was just a question," she said innocently drawing back a little from his ferocity.

" You were questioning my birthright."

" What birthright," she grumbled beneath her breath, " Seems more cursed than anything else."

" What was that," he was extremely proud of his heritage just as her grandfather was.

" I said that my birthright is more of a curse. It's what got my family dead. I sometimes wish..." she clammed up rather than give voice to her thoughts.

" What planet are we on," now he wanted answers to some of his questions.

" Earth. It may not seem like much but it's an okay place to live. Grandfather seems to like it since he has stayed rather than find another planet to settle on."

" Earth?"

:That's the world my son was sent to. I'm sure of it. She did day that I--

:But my son is only an infant. There is no way that he could be as old as she is implying,: he was beginning to feel confused. : She must be conflicting her stories. Good I am tripping her up.:

" Your grandfather was a space traveler ?"

"Sort of. He worked for this tyrant until he decided to strike off on his own. He is no Prince Charming," there was heavy irony in the words but the meaning escaped him, " The short version is that he came here as a conqueror and my grandpa Goku stopped him. In the end they teamed up against a common foe along with others. Grandfather settled in after awhile." :No one could ever say that he became domesticated.: The very idea was ludicrous.

" A conqueror? So he wasn't always the peaceful--"

She laughed as if he had just said the most funniest joke she had ever heard. She was practically holding her sides she was laughing so hard. She could see his face start to grow red but she could not help herself.

" I don't think anyone could *ever* describe grandfather using the term peaceful," she managed to gasp out between laughs. " He is too much the warrior, always looking for the next challenge," she shook her head as if it were beyond her, "Goku is just as bad. He never, ever lets a challenge get in his way. Both of them never quit training. It's as if they are being driven to meet the next challenge."

" You've just described a Sayian."

" Tell me about it," she said with a snort crossing her arms.

He gazed at her through narrowed eyes. Just what was it that she was trying to imply?

There came a pounding upon the door that was very insistent.

" Teancha," Trunks was calling out, " Dad's on the warpath in a very major way."

" I am so dead," Teancha groaned while Bardock looked on at this new development.


This concludes chapter 4. Hated ending it with such a cliff hanger (as if you really believe that one) but had to end it somewhere. Next time there should be some real interesting developments. Wonder if Teancha can keep her guest under wraps? Until next time.........R&R