Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Why Me? ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

A/N: This is my first fan fiction so be nice when you review if you do. Enjoy. One more thing, if you read the story, then REVIEW. Thank you.

***** These are sort of like diary entries so I used present tense and wrote in first person. I'm just pointing out these details so readers won't get confused when reading the second chapter*****

OK…………….Here goes………….


WHY ME? - FIRST CHAPTER

Goten-

I have been dating Paresu for six months now. Paresu is the superlative miracle that has ever come into my life. She is smart.... OK, maybe not that's smart…she is gorgeous, funny, and she complies with everything I want, and she has made my life more fulfilling. When I'm with her, it feels like she completes me in some way, and that's why I love her a lot. I'm very happy to be with her. Anyhow, there's a fraction of me that is not very satisfied yet. My best friend, Trunks, has been avoiding me for the past few months. When we get together, he doesn't talk as much as his normal self. Those moments make me feel like I'm expressing my thoughts to a wall, which is a complete waste of time. Every time I make a remark regarding Paresu, he switches to another subject right away. He averts his gaze when he sees me and Paresu together. I am not sure what's going on with him anymore. He is as distant as he was close to me when we were children. I guess things do change when best friends grow up and follow their separate roads. I wish I knew what is up with Trunks. I really do cherish our friendship, and I do not wish to lose it over anything, and I mean ANYTHING.

Paresu-

I have to admit that I love Goten very much. I am not too sure if I'm in love with Goten though. I do spend a lot of my time with Goten, but Goten has more and more stuffs going on in his mind when we're together. Sometimes, I would ask him a question, and he would not answer and ask me what I said. Our conversation has becoming more tedious. I just want to know what is wrong with that man. This problem has been disturbing me for weeks now. If he doesn't change soon or at least tell me something, I don't know how our relationship is going to last.

Trunks-

Why am I feeling this way? It's not right. I keep on stealing glances of Paresu whenever she is around. When she talks to me, I would stammer, sweat, blush, and act like any other idiots in love would. Why am I falling for my best friend's girl? Many women throw themselves at me and fall at my feet, but why couldn't Paresu be one of them. I know Goten loves her a lot, and truthfully, and I still want her to be mine and no one else. I work everyday from 8 A.M. until 9 P.M. to find myself always hectic so I don't have time to think about her. However, I always discover myself sketching her face on expense reports or contracts and picturing her in my head. I am going crazy over this woman. When I see her with Goten, I just want to find the hardest metal in the planet and smack my head against it so I don't have to feel anymore pain. I never knew that love could give a person this much agitation and pain until she came into my life. The more and more I avoid looking at Paresu, the more I want her. But I don't know if I can find the courage in me to stop having these feelings that would betray my friendship with Goten. Goten is the only friend that has ever really understood me and the only true friend that I have ever had. Other people just laud at me for their own desire, but Goten is nothing like those frauds. I don't want him to know what I've been thinking. Guiltiness conquers me each time I face Goten or talk to him. I think I have to let these feelings go soon. The sooner the better. I think I'll have a talk with Paresu without Goten to tell her and get over her for Goten and my friendship's sake. Hope I'm doing the right thing. It's better to be loved and lost than not to be loved. Or is it?

A/N: That is the first chapter. I know it's not very good and rather short, but I promise the next chapter will be more exciting and a little lengthier. Tune in next time to see how the rendezvous between our odd couple goes. Please REVIEW if you READ the story. Thanks people.