Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Why Us? :The CampOut ❯ CL-ICK ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not, nor ever will own Dragon Ball Z, or any of it's characters. Jen and Christine are based on the author of this FanFic and her best friend.

"Didn't Yamcha get drafted to that other team though?"

"No, I thought he stuck it out with the Ravens, said he was getting a better salary with the coach thinking he might leave at anytime."

"Good idea… I guess. I mean I wouldn't become a baseball player."

"I would! Think of how many women he's getting!" Krillen said to Gohan as they chatted together, still sitting by the water at the peaceful waterfall scene. The roar of the water falling into the basin below was blocked out and muffled by the slow weaving turns it took to the four beings position, ending up to be the softest trickle in the silent night. Both females had blissfully fallen asleep to the soothing melody played out by the water and rocks. They cuddled up comfortably on their own improvised pillows, the easy breathing of a sleeping heart making their chests rise and fall, with their breath passing from slightly parted lips in a faint spout of mist.

Gohan glanced downward to Jen, using her arms as a pillow, which rested on his chest, her body snuggled up close along the side of his and he was surprisingly comfortable in the position, lying on his back. He smirked to himself as the conversation dwelled down to silence, his hands up behind his head as he watched Jen smile happily in her sleep, half using his warmth to soothe her deeper into dream.

Krillen was in a similar predicament, eyeing the blonde female using his shoulder and arm as a pillow, her eyes just lightly closed, so thin lashes touched on the very top of her cheeks. A small gust of wind made the sleeping beauty groan with annoyance, shivering as she slid mechanically closer to the small man, who couldn't help but grin foolishly and blush. Very carefully, with his arm already just above her neck, slid his other hand down and just behind her knees and sat up slowly. Kneeling, he cautiously stood up, cradling the woman in his arms to protect her against the cold while hoping not to disturb her.

"Let's get these two back to camp, so they can sleep without freezing their butts off," Krillen said in a soft whisper. Gohan looked up at him before nodding and following suit by picking up the particular girl snoozing on his chest. One arm around her back while he sat up and bounced up to the balls of his feet in one fluid motion, watching Jen as her head feel lightly against her chest, strands of purple hitting against her cheeks. She remained in a sitting up position, arm resting limply on the ground as she furrowed her eyebrows slightly. Another arm under her legs and he pulled her up in the same position as Krillen, both males protectively holding their friend.

"Yea, I guess that'd be good. I think Jen could sleep through just about anything…" Gohan replied softly, eyeing the slumbering Saiyan with a raise of his eyebrow. Krillen nodded with a grin, tossing his head toward the pile of boots and gloves.

"I'm sure they both could, now let's get the stuff and be off." So they both juggled putting on shoes, grabbing the girls footwear and gloves, as well as moving as fluidly and slowly as possible to keep them asleep. Good thing they were heavy sleepers or it might have been a really hard thing to accomplish. But luckily, Jen had been weary from fighting, and Christine just had been extremely comfortable, giving them both pretty much dreamless and heavy slumber.

The light crunch of ground beneath two sets of feet announced the men's arrival, as well as Jen's and Christine's to the silent and dark camp. First order of business was to carefully set the girls into their beds. Gohan gently lowered his burden onto the mound of blankets, sleeping bag and pillow called her bed, gently resting her lavender haired head against the white fluff of her pillow. A blanket was pulled over her and instantly, she rolled over and curled into crescent shape, hugging the blankets to her possessively. Krillen set Christine down in a similar fashion, setting her shoes next to her as well. Glancing around to make sure Gohan was preoccupied with setting down Jen's things, he hastily swept a few stray strands of blonde from her face and tucked her in.

"Oh Kami…Krillen, check it out," Gohan whispered, nodding his head toward the rather funny father and son bonding pictures. Goku and Goten, of course, were the most amusing, laying sprawled out. Goten rested on his fathers rising chest, both snoring noisily, with marshmallow remains smeared around their mouths, Goten's hand still half in and half out of the actual empty bag, once filled with food. There were still the last glowing embers in the fire which had been sued to roast the sweet white morsels. Gohan looked at his family members sadly, glad that the girls were not awake to spot this…

Secondly, came the other pair of males, fast asleep. It was more shocking to behold them, Vegeta sleeping in the same pose he always had, one that needed no introduction, arms crossed, blah, blah, blah, scowling in his sleep. His back rested against a tree, his legs stretched out before him, crossed lightly at the ankles, while his son was right at his side. In fact, in the exact same pose, well, at least used to be. By now, the boy's mouth had opened slightly, most likely after scowling became too much to do while sleeping, arms half crossed, while steadily slipping apart. He was leaning heavily against his father's side and snuggled against him for warmth, sleeping soundly. Krillen looked at Gohan with a confused and startled raise of his eyebrow.

"I can't believe that one…" he muttered, scratching the back of his bald, head. "Who would have thought of it, Vegeta and Trunks, looking relatively…father and son like together."

This was Vegeta, the man who on countless occasions had insulted, attacked, beaten up, yelled at, disowned (and any number of other un-parental acts) his son, Miria Trunks as well as this time's version of him. This was the Trunks who constantly made mischief, trouble, purposefully avoided his father, feared his own dad and even more different things that definitely didn't reflect that he had a healthy father figure in his life.

"Kind of scary…" Gohan muttered softly, while staring as the two slept soundly, seemingly not bothered by either of each other.

"Very," Krillen replied quickly. "Very…very…freaky. Twilight zone material really. Maybe we should take a picture?"

"They'd both kill us, you realize," Gohan reasoned, eyeing Krillen with a raise of his thick eyebrow and a knowing smirk.

"Alright, you've got a point, but, it feels like we should document this, you know? For history's sake? Hell with it, I'd rather get pummeled then miss this Kodak moment. Bulma'll pay big bucks for it."

"Alright, I'm in. I can take more of Vegeta's hits than you can, I'll take the picture," Gohan said, Krillen nodding gratefully while he rummaged through his bag and pulled out a camera. Handing it over to the tall boy, Krillen watched Gohan who silently inched closer and peered through the small objective lens at the pair. CLICK. The deed was done, and neither of them stirred in their sleep. A small whirring and a thin square Polaroid slipped out the bottom of the camera and it was held up and examined until the picture slowly came into view. It was a perfect shot of the two. Next, Gohan took a quick snap of his father and brother.

"Dirt on them in case I really need them out of my hair. Mom'll flip to figure out Goten had a whole bag of marshmallows…" Gohan grinned wolfishly and put both incriminating pictures into his bag, deep in the very bottom and hidden away within a small book he had brought along.

After laughing gently for a moment at the fact they caught not one, but 4 being red handed and now could easily get them all in trouble. With ChiChi because of the consumption of sugar at such a late hour, and with Bulma since she would fawn over the cute picture indefinitely. So shrugging their shoulders, they bid each other `Good Night' and moved to their sleeping bags, conveniently on either side of the girls, so Gohan slept beside Jen and Krillen near Christine. It was a good night, and deserved a good sleep. Tomorrow was a day planned for hiking.

Hiking, yay! Today, I'm not even gonna ask for you to R&R. well…I lied. R&R!!