Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Why ❯ Mourning ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Why?

Disclaimer: I do not own Dragonball, Z or GT. But I love to mess around with the characters.

A/N: This is a story about the breaking up of Yamcha and Bulma. It has been done hundreds of times before and now it will be done once again. The fic is from Yamcha's point of view.

I am sitting on my bed. I don't know what time it is. I don't really care though because today I lost the only thing that is important to me. I hear myself murmur her name.

Bulma.

I pick up the picture frame on my nightstand. Gently, I run my fingers over the picture in it. It is a picture of Bulma and me at the park. It's spring on the photo, but there's only winter in my heart now.

I take a closer look at Bulma, trying to find any hidden foreboding of tonight's events. But there is none. Still, when I look at her laugh, I can feel butterflies rise in my stomach and my knees going weak. Again, I murmur her name, mourning. Yes, I am mourning.

Mourning the loss of the one woman I love beyond imagination. She is the keeper of my heart, even if she doesn't want to be it.

Bulma.

How can one woman be so angelic, yet so demonic at the same time? When I was with you, it felt like Heaven and Hell were the same place.

Bulma...

A sole tear runs down my cheek.

I love you so much.

I was never unfaithful to you. Though I tried everything possible, I could not overcome your jealousy. You thought I had numerous other lovers. That I had led them to my bed or let myself be led by them. The truth is: even now I am too shy to look at any woman besides you. The truth is: there was only one woman I led to my bed.

You.

And there will be no other woman besides you. There wasn't one back then, there isn't one now and there won't be one tomorrow. Back then? Is your break up so final that I can think of "us" only in past terms? I don't want it to be over, Bulma. I don't want you to leave. But I won't force you to stay.

You are free. I am not.

Bulma.