Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Worcestershire ❯ Worcestershire ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

This fic was inspired by the Buu Saga.

Disclaimer: Same.

%%%%%%%%

They had been planning it for weeks. Now the day was finally here - Father's Day. The two tykes adored their fathers and hoped to surprise them with a fantastic meal. With the older Saiyans off sparring, and their mothers out on a shopping trip, the chibis would have to fend for themselves. Trunks tucked the cookbook under his arm and flew to meet Goten.

As the chibis sat in the Son kitchen, they pored over the cookbook. Too bad Gohan was playing superhero; otherwise, he could have helped them. Aware of their fathers' preferences, they focused mainly on the meat dishes. The boys salivated at each photograph. Everything looked so good! However, having only elementary reading skills, the two opted for a familiar choice.

"Hamburgers shouldn't be so hard, Goten. We just need some meat and buns and chips."

"But Trunks, how will we cook it? Mom won't let me play with fire."

"That's okay, Goten. We'll just have to be quick about it. We'll have all the food ready, and it'll taste so good that they can't yell at us."

Innocent little Goten nodded vigorously at his friend's wisdom.

They went through the list of ingredients. Chi-Chi's kitchen was well stocked but they were still missing a few items.

"We need some lean ground beef, Goten." Being the son of Vegeta and Bulma, Trunks had the natural ability to supervise and delegate. "You go get some, and I'll stay here. Since I can read better, I'll start putting the stuff together."

"Sure thing, Trunks. I'll be back in a jiffy." The littlest Son flew off in high spirits, anticipating the joy on his father's face.

Since his father and brother always hunted for food, it never occurred to Goten to enter a grocery store. He scoured the countryside high and low and finally spied his targets. Walking over to two cows, he lightly rapped them on the noggins and knocked them out cold. Ah, fresh meat. Their fathers would be so happy. He hoped that Trunks had the grill ready. He didn't want his mom to catch him playing with fire.

%%%%%

That's it for now. I'm trying something new: heart-warming fics with short chapters. Hope I succeed.

Thanks for the reviews!