Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Worcestershire ❯ Worste-what? ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Back at the Son house:

"Worst - worstet-worst shire -" the eight-year-old tried to sound out the word. "I need worst shire sauce, but I don't know what that is." Frustrated, Trunks rifled through all of Chi-Chi's cabinets again.

Goten landed in the yard and dropped the cattle. As he walked into the kitchen, he could hear his friend muttering.

"…no idea." Trunks reread the page, and with fists raised in exasperation, cried, "Still no idea!" The tame-haired boy really wanted this to be perfect. He suspected that the Worcestershire sauce might be the key to a fantabulous burger.

"Trunks!" Goten called. "I couldn't remember what we needed, so I brought back a lot of meat. Is it lean or ground?"

The older boy looked in the cookbook. "It's lean ground beef, Goten. But that's okay. We'll each work on one and then mix them. You make the lean beef and I'll work on the ground one."

Fortunately, the cows were still unconscious. The little boys would hate to do this if they were awake. Walking over to one of the animals, Trunks quickly broke all four legs. The cow mooed for half a second before passing out again. To the second bovine, Goten snapped two of its legs . The poor animal coughed up its cud and also passed out.

"We'd better hurry, Goten. I haven't even started the fire, yet."

The boys brushed off their hands.

"Well, that's a start on the beef. We'll finish them later. I'm still having trouble with one thing," Trunks admitted. He pointed to a long word in the cookbook. "I have no idea, Goten." He tapped the word and emphatically stated, "Still… no… idea. And I bet that's the secret ingredient, too." He shook his head sadly.

Goten saw his friend's distress and patted him on the shoulder. He'll help his bestest buddy make this the greatest Father's Day ever. "I'll get it for you, Trunks."

Trunks brightened. "You know what it is?"

"Sure. And I'll get a big one, too." Goten quickly flew off in search of the elusive ingredient.

%%%%%

Aw, aren't they sweeties?

Thanks for the reviews!