Dragon Knight (adult) Fan Fiction ❯ Wind Wisps ❯ It starts ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Wind Wisps

Chapter 1


Rath sighed heavily at the breakfast table across from Rune and Thatz. The two glanced at him paused in their eating, that was the twelfth time in one meal. The fire dragon knight placed his utensils down and got up from his seat muttering an 'excuse me' before leaving the room completely. Thatz exchanged glances with his blond friend.

"Do you think he's not feeling well?" Rune asked placing his teacup down on its saucer.

The redhead placed down his knife before rubbing the back of his head in thought, "Well, normally I would say it's the lack of possible demon hunting but… after what that fortune teller said…"

Blue eyes saddened, "Thatz…"

"Yeah?"

"Maybe we should go to the Lord about this. I mean, it might be for the best."

"And what if it is because Rath is missing demon hunting? Then we would look completely ridiculous in front of his Highness. Besides it was you who said that we should wait."

"You do have a point…"

"Are you going to eat that?" Thatz nearly leapt over the table to snatch up Rune's sausage and some of his eggs.

"Hey!"

--------------------

Rath ran a gloved hand over his white shirt as he walked down the hallways. He wasn't sure what was wrong but he couldn't help but shake this feeling of depression. The thought of demons didn't help any thus the reason for all of his sighing. Holding out his hand he paused in his steps. The early morning sun poured in from large windows bathing him in a gentle glow. Birds sung as they crossed the sky or snuggled up to their mate. Dragon officers wandered through the palace and courtyard doing miscellaneous duties as servants tidied up the place. It was a normal day, just a normal day.

"Then why…!" the dark haired boy quickly covered his mouth. Did his voice just crack? Taking a deep calming breath he took control of the over whelming feeling as if something was missing. Picking up his feet he continued to walk down the large corridor hoping that moving around will help clear his mind a little.

At about this same time Cesia was running through the great halls. Her slender hands kept the skirt of her dress up leaving her feet with out the obstacle. She had been practicing her fortune telling and was gifted with a great message. As the new fortuneteller of the castle it was her duty to report to Lord Lykouleon as soon as possible. Her mind raced back to what had happened.

She was dressed in her usual magic using gown that Mistress Raseleane had designed and given her. Kneeling upon the carpet, Cesia brought forth the witch's crystal ball in a wisp of wind. Smiling to herself she had decided to take a peek at what the castle dwellers were up to. Alfeegi was chewing Ruwalk out for giving Kai-stern extra money, the Lord was sitting in the courtyard with his beloved wife reading some book, Rune and Thatz were enjoying breakfast. When she got to Rath the crystal ball fogged over with a black haze. She frowned and concentrated harder but the fog only lightened enough for her to see the faint outline of his features. A bright blue light flashed causing her to wince. A blazing fire arose in the crystal ball, a swirl of air or possibly wind began dancing with it. The two turned to brilliant red and blue lights before splitting a silver crack in the crystal ball. A light shockwave startled Cesia causing her to instantly put the instrument away.

Her black hair waved in silken strands behind her as her chest huffed. It was a very powerful vision, if it was for good or bad she didn't know. Either way the Dragon Lord had to know about this. Quickly turning a corner she slammed right into someone sending the both of them to the ground. Wincing she got up to her knees and rubbed her rump trying to sooth the pain. Her golden eyes (I'm guessing here) caught the sight of Rath picking himself up off of the floor.

"Hey!" she snapped angrily. "Why don't you watch where you are going?!"

"Whatever," he mumbled walking past her.

She blinked a few times before pulling herself up to her feet and huffing, "What's with his attitude?"

*** Else where***

Slender, pale feet slipped into the cool water of a pound. A face reflected in the shimmering surface that was as sweet as full moonlight. Dark hair feel over deep hazel eyes as the stranger slapped at their reflection. Gritting their teeth the person allowed their hand to wander to their hip, gripping at the hilt of a sword.

"Why?" a soft voice whispered in disgust. "Why do I remember you today of all days?"

The subtle shaking of the ground under their feet seemed to be unnoticed as the person took in deep breaths. //I… hate you…Rath,// their mind whimpered. A loud sound of an explosion rumbled through the forest where the deep pound resided in. A pillar of water was flung into the air sending a light spray of fine mist around. The stranger smirked, bearing their small fangs in a strange satisfaction.

"Stupid."

Yanking out their sword, the stranger felt the familiar tingle in their body alerting them that a demon was around as a wisp of wind whipped across their back. It was demon-hunting time.

To be continued…