Dragon Knights Fan Fiction / Dragon Knight (adult) Fan Fiction ❯ No Scars Only Memories ❯ Part 9: Set ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

No Scars Only Memories

 

Part 9: Set

 

The woman examined her growing stomach. She had never figured this would happen. Maybe it was just a case of eating too much. But then again she never really did eat so much. She was just a one-night stand. But at least he never knew it was she, he was too drunk to notice.

 

Her mind was taken back into turmoil. She couldn't help but feel some twinge of sadness. It was pointless since she vowed to just run away without a word. He'd never see her again unless he actually found her. She'd go under a different name and live a new life. She couldn't believe that she fell in love with him, her best friend, the only one who even tried to befriend her under the cold atmosphere she projected to others. But she never knew that it would have to come to this.

 

Her body shivered as a cold breeze past by. A spirit came to visit. It was her mother's since she was the only one to visit her.

 

"Hello mother. How are you?" she asked not bothering to turn around.

 

"Bored. Traveling the world is fun but not being able to touch seems impossible to enjoy it." The elder answered.

 

"So I see. Mother."

 

"Yes?"

 

"It's okay…it's okay to love…isn't it?" she hesitantly asked.

 

"Of course my daughter. Why, do you fancy someone?"

 

"I thought I did but the opportunity is lost now."

 

"Why is that?"

 

"Because…I'm carrying his child."

 

---------------------

 

A scream erupted through the house. Rath was about to run inside but he was surprised as her hand was in front of his forehead. It was glowing a blood red light. Soon his eyes became unfocused as he lost his sight of reality and became the demon he buried deep within himself. She leaned down and whispered in his ear.

 

"He's waiting for you."

 

---------------------

 

Everyone ran right into Rune's room. They heard him scream out in agony as it sounded. He was curled up in a sitting position while his arms wrapped around him as if to protect. Blue fire surrounded him as he screamed more in pain. The others couldn't reach him because of the extensive power of the blue flame surrounding Rune.

 

Then Essan walked in the room as if it didn't faze her but with the cuts appearing in her arms were giving it away. She wiped some of her blood on her finger then traced out symbols that stayed in mid air. Her fingertip touched it and set a bright light shining all over the room. The others shielded their eyes.

 

When it cleared there on the window stood Rath carrying an unconscious Rune. He had an evil look in his eyes.

 

"Illuser," Lykouleon breathe out. Rath winked letting out an evil smile before exiting out the window with Rune in his arms. Essan didn't bother to go after them. Fate and Destiny have nothing to do with this, how it turns out is what the outcome will be. "You knew about this, didn't you?" She sat down and on the bed and let out an emotionless smile.

 

"Now why would you ever think that?" she commented.

 

"Because you're the only one capable of breaking the seal."

 

"No, he is and so are you. After all you're the one who put it there in the first place. I didn't do anything, he broke out by sheer force. I thought I could stop him before he got to my son."

 

"You're lying."

 

"Oh, you know me too well," she said sarcastically, "They're balanced out. Fire and Water. Complete opposites, red and blue. Heh, at least everything will turn out fine in the end. Just be assured about that. But even if it were I there is no way to catch them now. The trouble won't start till later on so we have to wait." 

 

"Do you realize what you've done?"

 

"Of course. I'm risking the lives of everyone including them. Had I not awaken the fire this world would've entered a new ice age. I'm sure you wouldn't want to be in a display of a museum for other species like that mammoth those humans found, now would you? Besides…I just saved your lives." She finished before throwing a coughing fit. Her hand covered her mouth, as she tasted the metallic in her mouth. She was slowly loosing consciousness. Unfortunately Cernozura noticed it running immediately to her side. Essan swatted away her helping hand. "Leave me be Cernozura. It'll all be over in just six more days."

 

---------------------

 

Rath and Rune were in an abandoned cottage in the countryside near a river. He placed Rune's sleeping form on the soft grass away from falling into the current and sat by him waiting for him to wake up.

 

He felt the stirrings of the blond a few minutes later. As soon as the blue eyes fluttered open the fire demon leaned down and gave the blond a passionate kiss, which was returned greatly. Rath's hand rested on the blond's neck feeling the pulse beat underneath. Rath squeezed the neck gently while making it impossible for Rune to breathe. He pulled away and watched as the blond panted for breath while trying to actually breathe at the same time. Rath's hand never moved.

 

"You look absolutely tempting right now." Rath stated huskily with lust clearly burning in his blood red eyes.

 

"Mmm…and what do you plan to do?" Rune spoke as the hand was finally letting him breathe. He clearly wasn't himself if you look right into those ocean blue eyes you'd notice that they're now an icy blue with a red tint to them. Rath leaned down, their faces an inch from each other.

 

"How do you want it?"

 

"Any way you like."

 

"After, first we have to take care of a few things."

 

---------------------

 

Essan looked at the night sky. It was clear with the stars shining bright. The moon wasn't out tonight. She was sitting on the roof away from anyone. At least they wouldn't find her up there. She looked towards the edge as she heard someone coming up. She was surprised as to whom it was. Raselene stared back at her.

 

"Ah, I'm sorry I thought no one was up here. I'll just-" she began.

 

"No, it's alright. Stay." Essan stated cutting her off. Raselene nodded and sat beside her also looking at the sky.

 

"I've never seen the sky so clear like this before."

 

"Yes, it's a pretty nice sight to see especially before…"

 

"Before what?"

 

"Nothing. I'm sorry about yesterday."

 

"Don't worry about it. I completely understand."

 

'Alright. May I ask something?"

 

"Sure."

 

"Why are you here?"

 

"So I can see a shooting star…and wish…"

 

"Wish for what?"

 

"So I could find someone."

 

"May I ask who?"

 

"My sister."

 

Before Essan could respond she spotted ice shards being speared their way. She stood up and stood in front of Raselene.

 

"Hey, what are you doing? You can't fend them off on your own."

 

"Watch me," Essan stated before readying herself just weaponless. Before she had a chance to do anything they disappeared. She was confused until it was too late.

 

"Oops, sorry mother. I didn't want to waste your fun just yet." She heard the voice of her son say from behind her. She let out a smile before turning around and placing a protective arm around Raselene. She noticed the change. The body standing in front of her was not her son's.

 

"Cut the crap. You're not my son."

 

"Of course I am. I mean we're all demons here except for our honored guests."

 

"Tell me your name so I'll place it on the gravestone as well."

 

"I can't. Forgot it, so long ago. But you'd know me as the Water Demon. I think I've been infamous around here."

 

"Where's Illuser? Isn't he with you?"

 

A smirk graced his lips.

 

"He's right behind you."

 

The two women looked behind them to see a grinning Rath with his blood red eyes looking at them.

 

"Hello mother, honored host. Lovely night isn't it?" Rath stated. Raselene stared in disbelief. This was not the little boy her husband took home. "Where's dad?" he asked looking around.

 

"You're father's awake contemplating if he should stop me or not. But don't worry you'll get your revenge on him yet. Isn't that you're motive?" Essan stated amused.

 

"You can read minds? Isn't that a light mage's job?"

 

"My dear, you can't just always see white and black you have to see shades of gray sometimes."

 

"What's wrong mother you look surprised, anyways, the six days are almost up. I'm sure that you're going to take care of us? By the river, how does that sound?"

 

"By the river it is. You don't mind company do you?"

 

"Oh, no the more the merrier. But right now we have to get going." He appeared behind Rune and they both disappeared.

 

"Are they're giving me a way out?" she muttered softly. She never did realize that she was still holding Raselene who heard the soft comment.

 

"Um…" Raselene began. Essan let go and turned to face the garden.

 

"Go tell him what happened." She said before jumping towards the gardens. Raselene stared at he retreating form. The feeling she felt was that of familiarity but couldn't place it. She shrugged it off to think about it later and went back down to tell Lykouleon what happened.

 

TBC-------------

 

Kinshin: Thanks for your visits!

 

Like it? Review! No Flames!