Dragon Knights Fan Fiction ❯ Dragon Knights: The Dark Dragon Sword ❯ Prolouge: The King of Dragons ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

DRAGON KNIGHTS: THE DARK DRAGON SWORD

By Master_Of_Red_Eyes

Disclaimer: I don't own Dragon Knights… Some other manga artist does. What's her name? Oh yeah! Minako Ohkami! I do own some doodles, some ice cream and about $0.05 in change. I KNOW who's better off… ME!

Dedicated to all who believe in Dragons, Elves, Magic and Yokai.

Note: As of now, I've only read vol.1 of Dragon Knights. Please spare me. I do want to read the others soon, but I can't find them anywhere. So sue me, all you out there who have read all of them out so far. I'm SOR-RYY!!! SORRY ALREADY!!

On with the story!!

Prologue~ The King of Dragons

Septomath the Dark Dragon stood before the great oaken double doors that led to the Dragon King's Throne Room. He heard the booming voices of the Dragons arguing as to what would be his fate. Attempted murder of the King Desdraus… He would be sentenced to imprisonment at the least. He shook his head tiredly. Why him? It wasn't his fault that the current King was a total letdown to the whole Kingdom.

He looked around at the dark, gloomy hallway and sighed. What would be his fate? Then a loud, booming voice that shook the very walls with its growls and roaring regality.

"Septomath the Dark Dragon, son of Wraiths and Thatzel, enter!!"

Septomath had no chance but to obey. This was the King we were talking about here. The doors creaked open, and Septomath stepped into the Throne Room. The Dragon that must be King was seated at the far end of the hall. His many advisors were seated around that throne. He sneered at them as he passed on his way to the King, and they growled back. Finally, before the Dragon King's throne, he stopped. Enshrouded in shadows, all that was visible of the King was his glowing eyes, multifaceted like that of a fly's. Then a growling voice came from the darkness that shielded the `King'.

"Kneel before me".

Septomath glared up at the mass of shadows. This was not his master. This `Dragon' as he called himself, wasn't capable of ruling. He spat at his feet and smirked. "Oh my lord, how I've wanted to do that. If I can't do away with you, at least I can spit at your very horrendous feet". The energy flowing out of the shadows was unpleasant. `The King is angry' thought Septomath with a smirk. Suddenly, he felt his wings grabbed by rough claws. He looked behind him with alarm. It was two monstrous Fire Dragons with glaring eyes that resembled burning coals. They snarled at him, and he decided to play it cool. Then the King's voice rang out again.

"Your punishment… Imprisonment within the blade!!!"

Septomath stared, as did every other being in the Throne Room. Imprisonment within the blade was to be trapped within a sword- Never to be free again; unless a special being that could handle the force of this new sword- a Dragon Sword. There were already four, Wind, Fire, Earth, and Water. But they CHOSE to, so the world would be kept from harm. But Septomath would not go without a fight. Slowly, he mustered up his Dark Magic- Only to find it wasn't responding. Then a maniacal laugh filled the chamber.

"DO you REALLY think I would let you get away? Your pathetic curses will not work on me…" Septomath struggled against the two Fire Dragon's claws, but it was too much. Then the doors to the Throne Room opened, and one of the few humans in the area walked into the hall.

He was T'ran the blacksmith, who had befriended the Dragons at an early age, and had become their blacksmith. Now he was carrying a long, gleaming black sword in his roughened hands. Septomath gasped. This is where he would be trapped.

"Oh sword blackened by flame, cleaned be water, dried by winds, and forged on the earth, be steady as you hold the soul of Septomath the Dark Dragon, son of Wraiths and Thatzel…" Septomath struggled wildly, earning him a pitying look from T'ran. The King continued saying the spell of imprisonment that would surely be his end.

"The soul of this traitor be held within your steel confinements until the day that the Elf, Yokai, Human or other being holds you within their hands, and calls out the spirit of Septomath the Dark Dragon…" He could feel himself slipping away, his mind slowly fading. He tried to stop it, but there his mind went, right out the window. He was so weak; he felt his wings and legs go limp as he collapsed on the floor with a soft, sickening thud….

"Be one with the blade, Septomath dark Dragon, eldest son of Wraiths and Thatzel, your master shall come someday…"

Septomath shut his eyes and concentrated. He must not forget, he must not forget his name or past…

"And may you remember nothing, always wondering who you were before you became an Elemental Dragon. Never shall you know."

His head snapped up. `Elemental Dragon'?!

Then he shut his eyes, and knew no more.

Heya guys! Do you like? I have some more planned, so… Just as a spoiler, I will introduce a new character, and there will also be a Dragon Sword of Light as well. Not gonna tell you who wields them, though! Bye!!!!!!!