Dragon Knights Fan Fiction ❯ Dragon Knights: The Dark Dragon Sword ❯ The Finding of a Sword ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

DRAGON KNIGHTS: THE DARK DRAGON SWORD, PART 1

By Master_Of_Red_Eyes

Disclaimer: I don't own Dragon Knights. I DO own, however, the crazy plot twists that ensue in this story. And a bunch of manga ideas I hope to publish someday.

On with the fic!

Author's Note: One of the crazy plot twists will be that there will be a NEW Dragon Knight of Wind. I recently (I mean yesterday) found out that Nadil is/was the Dragon Knight of Wind, and that he killed Wind (Nooo!! Not the Dragon!). I object to that. Who the heck made Nadil the Wind Knight, anyway?!?! Just so you know, I STILL haven't read vol.2+. Bear with me here.

Chapter One~ The Finding of a Sword

The swords clashed in the bright sunlight. One was a gleaming, pure white, and the other was just plain steel. Suddenly, the steel sword broke into millions of slivers of its former glory. Its owner, a young Yokai maiden, stood there in shock. The bearer of the white sword, a tall, burly man with hair similar to Rath's, laughed.

"Hah! And you said you were good…" He kicked the shards of steel that reflected the area all around.

The Yokai maiden shut her eyes in anger. The sword had been her brothers, all she had to remember him by. Of course, her brother had been half Human, but still, his death had not been welcome. But she, Minora, must not think of that now. She must think of how to escape this Demon hunter…

The man advanced. "And now, as a price of your failure, you die"

Minora ran. Fast and fleet was she, and her long, dark violet hair flew out behind her. The eyes in her paleish face were as red as blood. Her ears were pointed, like most of her kind, and she was tall. Her hands gripped the hilt of her old sword, the only reminder of what she had lost just now. Oh well, she thought as she sped through the underbrush, if she didn't keep running she would lose a lot more that a family heirloom. Minora could hear the Yokai-hunter far behind her flailing through the thorny bushes, but she dared not stop or slow down until she had reached a rock ledge overlooking a small pond. The pond was crystal clear, but she didn't stop to look at it. Hurriedly, she scaled the rock ledge and hid herself in a small crevasse. Soon enough, the man came into the clearing.

"Yokai… Yokaaii…" he called, looking around with his sword drawn. "Come out and play, Demon." He growled, glaring around with annoyance. "I'm being paid by the head, not the hour, you know…" Then he stopped, staring into the water. For underneath the rippling surface was a sword.

And not just any sword. It was gleaming black and appeared to be made of obsidian at first glance. Then, if you looked at it for a while, you noted that it was made of some unknown metal. Not steel or iron, not even the iron used to forge the highest-ranking swords of Nadil's Army officers [1]. Minora caught herself staring at it in wonderment. Then she saw that the Demon-hunter was reaching for it, his own white sword dropped to the ground. "Come, my black blade, together you and I shall sever many a Demon's head…" But he seemed not able to reach it. Minora didn't understand why. She could have reached it hardly getting wet. Then an idea came to her. Maybe there is an enchantment on the pool…maybe that's why he can't reach it.

Whatever the cause, Minora now had a chance to escape. She deftly slipped out of the crack in the rock, and with the sword hilt still in hand, crept down the sheer wall of rock. The Yokai-hunter didn't notice, still to absorbed in his reaching for the sword. But then he stopped reaching and got back on his feet. Minora held her breath.

Then the Yokai-hunter turned and saw his prize getting away. He growled and picked up his sword from where he had left it. "Ah, I see, my next paycheck is trying to escape. Well now she doesn't have a sword to defend herself, and though it may not be a fair fight, I do." He charged and Minora ducked his sword and ran towards the pool. The black blade was her only chance. If she couldn't reach it…

END PART ONE~ The Finding of a Sword

[1]: I'm assuming that the highest-ranking officers in the (currently Nadil-less) Nadil's Army would have different swords than other of his minions. Just a thought.