Dragon Knights Fan Fiction ❯ Dragon Knights: The Dark Dragon Sword ❯ Dark Awakenings ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

THE DARK DRAGON SWORD- PART 2

By Master_Of_Red_Eyes

Thank you for the reviews, Silver Frost! I love Dragons, and you should read Dragon Knights. The artwork is breathtaking, and it's just plain out funny. No I haven't played the YGO! Game for PS2, but it sounds cool. My brother has a GBA game, though (Resheif of Destruction). IF you haven't already, you might like to read the Dragon Lance chronicles, Dr. Ernest Drake's Guide to Dragonology, and Dragons: A Natural History. Just a thought.

NOW ON WITH THE FIC!!

Part twoDark Awakenings

Minora took a deep breath and plunged her hand into the pool. It was ice cold, and it quickly soaked through her sleeves. The sword is farther down that I thought. But she had better reach it before the Demon-hunter reached her. Suddenly, she knew that it would not end like this. `The sword is mine to claim, and no one else's' she found herself thinking. She strained her arm. It was right within her reach, if she just…

Her hand closed around the surprisingly warm hilt. The freezing water became much warmer, and she knew that it would be the last time ANYBODY tried to hunt her. She drew her hand out of the pool, and discovered that it was not sopping wet, but clean and dry, even though she had just plunged it into a pool of freezing water. The sword itself glittered with a dark light [2].

She swung at the hunter, and he stepped back, stunned. She charged at him, screaming at the top of her lungs, `Dark AWAKENS!!!' for no apparent reason. Suddenly, a dark shape formed out of the black light that had been shining from the sword. It took form… As a monstrous Dragon.

Septomath's point of view~

Tired. So tired. But master calls me to do their bidding, and I must…

Wait a second…master?! Nobody is MY master! I am…ah… what was my name? All before now had been wiped blank, although I know there was something before. Before now…Why was I tired? I had been asleep for centuries, waiting for the right one to find the sword. Puzzling, so puzzling. But then I felt myself waking up, and I could smell human flesh nearby. And something else. Elf? No, couldn't be, unless there suddenly were evil Elves [3]. I could feel myself rising up, and up, and up, until I could see for miles. I felt different, somehow, not like myself. I looked down at what I could see of me, and saw that I was lacking the obsidian scales that had covered me like a suit of chain mail, as well as my spikes. I now had a darkly colored SKIN- Not scales, SKIN- and a long, dark violet mane. I whipped around towards the pool, and looked at my face. I had blood-red eyes, as always, but my face lacked the eye ridge spines. I had THREE horns, one on the forehead and two on the side, and only TWO fangs poked out onto my lip, instead of a whole set of them. I growled. Who had done this to me?!?! I whipped around again, and the first thing that caught my eye was a burly, tall man carrying a white sword. I needed to let out some of my anger, so I attacked.

Shreds of stuff flew through the air, and I only concentrated on my prey. Had I been NORMAL, I probably would have eaten him, but in this current state, I felt no hunger. After the man was gone, I looked around again. A girl stood in the clearing, watching me. I snarled, and she glared back, as if to say, `you just ruined my fun!'. I knew, somehow, that the obsidian sword that she carried was connected to me somehow. Just how, I had no clue. I must find out. Someday.

Normal Point of View

The Dragon had decapitated the man, leaving only a few shreds of… Stuff… He-For anyone with eyes of some sort could tell that the Dragon was a he- stalked over towards Minora, who held up the sword in defense, causing the Dragon to stop. He growled, and to everyone's surprise, including the Dragon, bowed. His expression said clearly, `Why the heck am I doing this?!?!'. Minora started as he got up. She knew his name, above all others- Dark.

Dark paced back towards the pool, gazing at his reflection as though puzzled. Minora cleared her throat, and Dark looked up. His eyes contained a mixture of puzzlement, deception, anger, and sadness. Minora walked over to him, and started speaking.

"Who…Who are you?"

The Dragon answered simply, in a voice that contained no emotion.

"I am Darkness, all that is and was, I will be here until the end of time, and long after. Many seek to destroy me, but none possess the strength to overcome their fears."

"Oh."

The Dragon's eyes suddenly boiled. "YOU! I WILL NEVER BECOME YOUR SLAVE!!!"

Minora jumped, and the Dragon charged. Somehow, Minora knew that the Dragon- Darkness- wouldn't be harmed by mortal blows. This was a force to be reckoned with. "What the heck do you want with me?!?!"

Darkness turned to face her, crimson eyes blazing. "I want… Freedom! Freedom from the sword! I want to be myself again!!!" The blazing died down to more or less just a faint tinge of orange-ish. A thought struck Minora.

"I have an idea. We'll play the Riddle Game. If you win, I will do my best to free you. If I win, however, you must tell me all you know as to this" she held up the sword. "And why only I am able to wield it". Darkness considered.

"Riddle Game it is".

End Part two- Dark Awakenings

[2] Try to imagine a black light.

[3] Dark Elves may come in later. Who knows?

OK, I'm going on vacation for a while, so this will be the last chapter for a while. Don't worry- I have more being written as we speak. Chow!