Dragon Knights Fan Fiction ❯ Dragon Knights: The Dark Dragon Sword ❯ The Start of a LONG Journey... ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Dragon Knights, the Dark Dragon Sword: Part Five

By Master_Of_Red_Eyes

Hey guys! Chapter five is here! *Drumroll* Thank you, thank you readers and reviewers!!!!

Ryan-Kun: (Silver Frost) Yes I am back but then school starts WAY too soon! *Cries* I will do my best to keep updating…

Part Five: The Start of a Long Journey…

Rune was shaken. Water, his Guardian Dragon, had spoken to him. She wasn't now; that much was clear. But he had to know… Could the Yokai speak to her Dragon Protector?! It was driving him insane! He HAD to know…

Ignoring the stares of Rath and Thatz, the Water Knight sped up to catch up with the red-violet haired Demon. She glanced over her shoulder at him, scarlet eyes unreadable. She looked forward again, but then again, the Yokai wasn't telling him to go away, either. The dying light made her face appear shadowed, as if she was carrying a dark and terrible secret. Rune cleared his throat.

"Erm…"

The Demon-girl looked at him with an unreadable face. "You want to know if I can speak to my Dragon, can't you?" Surprised, perhaps shocked, Rune nodded. The Yokai laughed, her mocking bell-like voice ringing throughout the woodlands. I like her voice, Rune found himself thinking. Shaking his head, he attended to the Darkly Knight's words.

"I would figure that SOMEBODY would ask sooner or later" she began, unsheathing her sword. "I'm really as new to the idea as you are". Fully unsheathed, the darkly sword seemed to drink in the darkness that was falling, until it was darker than darkness could be. "What happened was that I was running from a Demon-hunter, and hid in the rocks surrounding the area where you three stumbled in. The Yokai-hunter was looking for me, and then saw this sword"- She motioned to her darker-than-dark sword with her free hand-"In the clear pool in the clearing. He was entranced, and dropped his own sword in a futile attempt to snatch the sword from the pool… He could not reach it." Seeing Rune's puzzled look, the Yokai explained further. "While he was disgusted at his failure, distracted, I tried reaching the sword… A succeeded… But then, just as I touched the blade, the Demon-hunter heard me and was about to slice my neck when"- She looked up at the sky. "The Dark Dragon came. He was angry, confused. He unleashed his rage upon the first thing he saw- Fortunately for me, that was the Yokai-hunter. But soon after the Demon-hunter was killed, Darkness's rage died also. Then, we played the Riddle Game". Rune was further shocked by the Yokai. The Riddle Game could be very risky, depending whether you won or lost. But apparently, the young lady Dragon Knight had not lost… Yet Darkness hadn't seemed to have been in a losing state, either…

"Still haven't added it up yet, have you?" Rune shook his head, rather muddled. The Yokai sighed and rubbed her forehead. "Ah, my head… It was a tie. You three hooligans interrupted at the wrong moment… Sorry about my temper, my head is throbbing…" Suddenly, Thatz broke in on their conversation, both elbows on their shoulders. "Heya guys, how's the romantic conversation goin'?" Big mistake. The Yokai, not even batting an eyelash, whapped him upside the head, then while he was still dazed, shoved him backwards. The Earth Knight picked himself up off the ground, dazed. "Hiyah… Ouch…" The Yokai, calm retained, spoke with clarity. "Never, never say that Minora Kealakoul has a heart for anyone. Ever". Thatz gulped, and nodded, eyes as big as dinner plates. With one last disdained glance at the Earth Knight, the Yokai turned back to Rune.

"So you actually have a name, and you weren't just avoiding the question?" Minora nodded. "I am Minora Kealakoul, as I prefer to be called. My true name, however, is for only me". Rune nodded, as a child he had had several different names, including Ryul, Dezack, and Zarthar. The names were used to cover up his real name, because `Rune' sounded like a girl, and he was made fun of enough already because of his looks.

Poor him.

Rath ran to catch up with the Yokai and the Elf. "Whoa, dude, what happened to Thatz?" he pointed one finger back at the Earth Knight, who was still holding his jaw, as though it had been dislocated, while wearing a dazed look on his scarred face. Rath was still freaked-out looking, eyes the size of dinner plates. Minora grinned at him, and the two suddenly looked very much alike. Rune groaned, and walked faster.

"It's going to be a LONG trip…"

Hey guys! Sorry this chapter was so short! School started! *Cries* But the good news is that I got to read more of the InuYasha mangas! Yay! Dragons on Yu-Gi-Oh! YAY! ^_^ The Five God Dragon!!! Also goes by `Mythic Dragon'. I will try to update more often!!! The same goes for my other stories… Yah… Bye!