Dragon Knights Fan Fiction ❯ Dragon Knights: The Dark Dragon Sword ❯ The Demon-Child and the Dragon-Hunter ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Dragon Knights: The Dark Dragon Sword, Part Eight

By Master_Of_Red_Eyes

Chapter EIGHT!!! And I got to go to my friend's skating belated birthday party!!! (My friend also loves manga but I don't think she has read Dragon Knights yet)… So, ON WITH IT ALREADY!!!

Silver Frost/ Ryan-Kun- I will read your fic!!! ;) Wrath of the Closet Creatures will be updated shortly too!

Magi Valkyrie- Here is the next chappie!!!

Disclaimer: I DON'T OWN DRAGON KNIGHTS!!!

This chapter is for all of you who put up with me for taking so long to write these, you guys are the most tolerant people I know! OK, so I don't really know you, but…

Part Nine: The Demon-Child and the Dragon-Hunter

*

Rath looked on at the two beings standing in the orange glow of the campfire. One- the Demon- was only about eight or nine, with short, unruly dark hair and scarlet eyes. The other, an older human, had a long, white beard that reached all the way to his knees. His stature would probably be very close to the Dragon's heights. Golden eyes, like that of a hawk's, peered sternly out from under a snowy-white brow. He shook his tall, oaken staff at the Demon.

"Is that maid whom you seek, Master Zoma?" he asked, staring at the unconscious form, held protectively by Rath. The little Demon nodded.

"Yes, Zubarth. That is my cousin." And with that, the young Yokai pulled out four slim daggers, two for each hand. "And these are the ones who captured her" Then he sped towards Thatz, who dodged him just in time. While `Zoma', as he called himself, was distracted, Rath drew the Fire Sword from its sheath- but not before setting down Cesia behind a bush that happen to be next to him.

"It is time, old friend" he whispered, and went to go help Thatz.

*

Rune slept most of the night, not waking until the sun was well up. Minora, however, kept watch, eyes becoming more noticeable with the dark bags under them. It had been a very long night, one that had raised more questions than answered.

How had she been able to heal Rune? For that certainly had been healing Magic, no questions about it. What, exactly, had the Dragons done to help her and how? Was it ancient Magic, mostly lost to time until now? Minora kept wondering, until her head nodded and she drifted off to sleep.

*

Rath dodged one more of Zoma's daggers. There seemed to be no end of them, even though Rath knew the little Demon only had four. He kept speeding around, picking them up, to fast a target for Rath to use his sword alone on for fear of hitting Thatz. The Earth Knight himself also had his sword out, and was fairing no better. It was time to call out the Dragons.

"Thatz! Call out Earth!!!" Thatz in question nodded. His sword glowed with a pulsating green light. The ground shook as a huge crack appeared, with Thatz's protector Dragon Earth erupting with it. Earth was seemingly made of dark brown-almost black- stone, with two deep, leaf-green eyes. Much different from Fire or Water- or Minora's Dragon Darkness. The only shade on him that wasn't a nature color was the inside of his mighty jaws, which were a blood red. But Rath didn't have time to admire Thatz's protector Dragon- He had to bide enough time to summon his own. Sending all of his strength into his sword, he became one with Fire. He felt a warm softness all around him, a dim orange glow. There was a shape in front of him, made of fire. Two fine blotches of scarlet indicated the almond- shaped eyes of his Dragon, staring at him. Their powers melded into one as Rath called Fire out from his blade.

Fire was a pale orange, with eyes of a deeper red shade. His long, streaming mane was made of the substance from whence his name came; and there was a topaz set on his forehead. He spread his wings mightily; he hadn't fought in a while. He raised his head and bellowed a battle roar that could be heard for miles around- indeed, it was, and many tales circulated around it; none even brushed the truth. Earth roared back; and, together, they flew towards the little Yokai Zoma. Zoma's face showed awe, but he still could run from the Dragons- until the Magi stepped in. He held up his long, oaken staff, with a shining green gem at the top, and aimed it at Earth. He cried words of power and, the next instant a beam of light shot out to surround Earth. The Dragon was bound by a brilliant green ring of light, unable to move everything but his head, which he turned weakly towards Thatz. A tiny growl escaped his mouth, and his eyes grew dimmer. Thatz screamed in rage.

"WHY DID YOU DO THAT TO EARTH?!?!" Thatz threw himself in front of Earth, trying to protect the one who was supposed to defend him. Rath saw red; he didn't know what would happen if Fire, Earth, or Water were to `die', but he was sure it wouldn't be good. Zoma smirked as Fire tried to help his friend; apparently the Spell the Magi had cast had been Dragon- proof. He stepped closer, holding all of his daggers with one finger each. His blood-red eyes burned spitefully. "This is the price you pay for attempted kidnapping of my sister, thief". Thatz shook his head quickly. "We didn't kidnap Cesia. Goblins did. We"- he glanced at Rath- "Well, he, saved your cousin". Zoma didn't look convinced. Meanwhile, Earth weakened, seeming to shrink. Just then, the Magi took his actions- He held up his staff and fired a wild bolt of green lightning at Earth. The Dragon screeched in rage, then all the energy seemed to run out of him. He dropped his head to the ground, red tongue lolling out of his tooth-rimmed jaws. Thatz screamed again, the knelt by his fallen friend, tears starting to well up in his eyes. "C'mon, Earth, old buddy, please wake up… Please…" Zoma laughed. "Your little pet won't be getting up in the morning, dear friend…" Thatz looked up in disbelief at the little Yokai; then the Magi; and finally Rath. Fire still flew above the clearing, but his wing strokes were more labored, and he was sinking fast. Already his belly was skimming the trees. The Magi held up his staff again; aiming at the Dragon, when suddenly-

"NO!" Everyone whipped around; Cesia was up, leaning herself against a pine tree. Her golden eyes surveyed the scene, then she dropped next to Earth, crying. Painful-looking cuts opened again; and blood stained Earth's rock-hewn scales. "The Magic! The Dragons! Wind! Don't let them die again! No not again, ever!" she cried, while a howling wind picked up. Fire dropped down next to her, too tired to fly anymore, and Zoma stared. "Cesia..?" She looked at her younger cousin with dead eyes. "Cousin Zoma… We need to find the Sword of Wind. Now. It is the only hope of saving Earth, and Magi Zubarth's soul" and she collapsed. The Magi looked puzzled; "But Nadil used to be the Wind Knight, and he killed the Wind Dragon… This doesn't add up". Then he added "And my soul does not need saving. I am a Dragon-hunter as well as a Magi. I extract my victim's souls to add to my own…" He never got to finish his sentence, for Thatz had stabbed his chest so that the sword point stuck out the other side. His sword was breaking, Rath noted. The wind blew even harder, blowing back Cesia's shining indigo hair. The, to Thatz's, Rath's, and Zoma's surprise, she stood up. Her golden eyes glowed eerily, and she spoke with a voice not her own, deep from the Realm of Gods…

"The power grows; the Dragon knows; his time is near; do not fear; Wind be reborn before the morn; clouds cast shadows across the sky; reflected in Immortal's eye; Fire, Water, Wind and Earth, elemental forces; Dark and Light, both stronger than most; both shall concede; and banish greed; do not misjudge them; Wind be reborn before the morn; heal the Souls that have been taken" Her hands seemed to hold a blinding light in them, and a beautiful shape formed around Cesia- another Dragon?! This one was semi-transparent, with beautiful eyes that shone like sky-blue stars. Her form was more slender than the other Dragon's, but she still had that air of pride and deep power. The light in Cesia's hands stopped shining, revealing itself to be a sword similar to the Knight's own- but that would mean…

"Cesia? Has… A Dragon… That was killed by Nadil… So is really a zombie…" Thatz said, stepping back as she slowly and purposefully stepped towards Earth. The sword glowed dimly as Wind glided over the Earth Dragon's limp form. Zoma, Rath, and Thatz looked on earnestly. What was going on? As if to answer their thought-in-unison question, Cesia murmured `Heal'.

Rath shook his head. "I don't know if a Dragon's ghost will be enough to bring back a dead Dragon". Cesia replied calmly, "Wind is not a ghost". Thatz froze. "Then is she a zombie?" Cesia shook her head. "Wrong." Rath's eyes went wide. "Then that would mean…"

Cesia smiled. "Yes, Wind, Dragon of Healing, has been reborn".

Muahahahaa cliffie! ^_^ It is so good to be me! I heard that Wind had been killed by Nadil when HE was a Dragon Knight, so I'm using that for a plot twist… They should've picked Cesia, anyway. As for Earth bought back to life… I guess we'll just wait and see, eh? Eh? Eh? Ok then… Ya, ya, ya, Dragons live!