Dragon Knights Fan Fiction ❯ Dragon Knights: The Dark Dragon Sword ❯ Healing Magic ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Dragon Knights: The Dark Dragon Sword, Part Seven

By Master_Of_Red_Eyes

*

Heya people!!! Chapter seven!!!

Silver Frost- the Card that is the result of a fusion between Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon and Black Luster Soldier is called `Master of Dragons' or something. I can't believe it; I forgot the name and I JUST looked it up…

Part Seven: Healing Magic

Rune looked around wildly. Minora stood, surrounded by twenty or more Goblins, her Dark Sword at the ready. The Goblins made a noise halfway between grunting, snarling and laughing, then charged. The Dark Knight swung her sword, just in time to parry a blow of a spiked club. Eyes fiery, the Yokai lady gripped the sword tighter and began to chant in the language of mages.

"E kourath t'nko ka waii..." The Goblin dropped his club, and Minora had given him several fatal wounds before he realized what was going on, but by then it was too late. Screaming, and holding a severely sliced arm, he dashed from the room and fell down the stairs. Minora grinned as Rune looked on.

"Alright then, who's next?"

*

Rath, Thatz, and the unconscious Yokai maiden Cesia sped through the forest, one thought on their minds: To escape from the horde of quickly gaining Goblins. Rath looked at Cesia; her golden eyes were still shut and there was a scar from her forehead to her chin on the right side of her face. The Fire Knight wondered just how she had come into the Goblins possession, and would have continued to do so, had Thatz not stopped him.

"Rath! There's something up ahead!" And sure enough, there was the comforting glow of a small campfire shining through the trunks of the ancient trees. But there was something not quite right about this scenario…

"Thatz, it's a trap! There's a Demon up ahead!" But to no avail, the Earth Knight went crashing through the trees anyway, oblivious to the thorns underfoot. No choice left, for the rough voices of the pursuing Goblins were growing louder, Rath, still carrying Cesia, charged after him, only to find that when he got to the clearing, Thatz was standing there unharmed, but there were two other beings in the clearing surrounding the campfire as well. And one was a Demon.

*

Rune slashed his way through the clump of Goblins. He hated killing and all that went with it, but Minora seemed to be enjoying herself. Eyes alit; she beat Goblins back with sword and spell alike. The Elfin prince admired that to some extent at first, but quickly became nauseated and had to look away. Made him question why he was an appointed Dragon Knight to Lord Lykouleon. Minora would be a better choice, for her battle skills were much more advanced than he'd like to think. Of course, had it been Minora with Thatz and Rath instead of him, they all would probably be dead by now. But just as he was thinking this, a smallish unsightly Goblin with a split cheek and an eye patch hit him in the shoulder with his dagger, sending pain coursing through Rune's body. He couldn't even stand, and the pain made him stagger to the ground. For, as Rune knew, a favorite weapon amongst Goblins besides spiked clubs was poison-tipped daggers. His sight would be the first to go, then his hearing, then his lungs would stop working and it'd be his end- If, of course, a Goblin take didn't advantage of his current state and finish him off before then.

Minora saw Rune go down and understood completely what had happened. Fighting her way over to the Elf, she grabbed his limp shoulder and dragged him over to a corner, where she could protect his dying form from the on rushing clumps of Goblins. But, beyond that, there wasn't much hope. For only the most skilled Magi could reverse the effects of Basilisk's venom, from whence the deadly poison on the Goblin's daggers came. Judging by the way his eyes were misted over, Rune had but a half hour to live. His sight would be blurry by now. Backing into her selected corner, Minora continued to fend off the Goblins; much like a lioness fends off her kill from the circling vultures. But there was not much hope for the Water Knight, unless some Magi decided to magically appear very, very soon.

Meanwhile, Rune's sight was becoming increasingly fuzzy. The colors he saw were just mere flecks of grey, white and black, occasional flashes of red or white. The red, he knew, was blood, but as to who's it was, he figured probably Minora's, as Goblin blood was black. He didn't remember who he was, or where he was, only the bitter pain. At times, it seemed to lessen, but then it would come back, double the pain. He was trying to feel for his Dragon's comforting coolness to put an end to this burning pain, but to no avail. Water was gone, as was everything else. Then it all went black, and Rune screamed.

Minora concentrated on her newest opponent: a scar faced elderly Goblin with a hook nose and missing fangs. She ignored the screams of her companion; nothing could be done now. But there also dwelled in her mind another thought; that the Dark Dragon must be released if there was to be any hope at all for this battle. But would Darkness listen? Minora doubted it, but it was worth a try.

"Dark Dragon, come forth from your eternal dwelling to help me vanquish!!" She screamed at the top of her lungs. And, above her head, a dark portal appeared, releasing the vengeance of centuries onto the now seemingly small army of Goblins. The Dragon bellowed, his crimson eyes narrowing as he shot beams of Shadow energy at up to ten at a time. Soon there were but a few left, and they fled down what remained of the rickety stairs. After they left, Minora rushed over to Rune.

"Rune? Elf?" she queried, looking at her companion, lost now because of her battle rages. Had I not been so thoughtless… had I thought to help him… rune would still be alive…Then Darkness's voice broke into her thoughts.

`How far gone is he?'

"Huh?" Minora asked, noticing only just now the hot and salty tears that were steadily trickling down her cheeks. Wiping them away, she answered. "Beyond all hope. Rune will not live for much longer". The tears threatened again. Despairing tears.

Darkness prowled over, examining the Elf. Just as he was about to speak, however, a strange blue light erupted from Rune's still unsheathed sword. Minora picked it up, and then gasped as mists the same shade of blue as the light streamed from the blade, taking the form of a Dragon. Then a soft, gentle voice filled their heads.

`Do not be afraid, Knight and Dragon. I am Rune's protector Dragon, Water. There is a way to heal my master, but it is very exhausting. It may drive you, Minora, past the point of death. Do you still wish to continue?' Minora nodded, as did Darkness. Water smiled, and then quickly became more liquid like, heading swiftly towards Darkness and encircling his black skinned body. Darkness, meanwhile, kept completely still during this, even when both he and Water began glowing. Water's aura was one of healing, a crisp, cool turquoise blue; while Darkness's gave off an emotion of power, and was a very deep shade of violet. Minora watched as the glow grew brighter, and then jumped as Water's voice filled her head again.

`Quickly. There is not much time!' Minora nodded, unable to speak, and picked up her sword as well as Rune's. Setting the flat side of each blade against the two Dragon's skin, she drew in their powers until she felt like she was going to burst. Then she strode purposefully over to Rune, a sword in each hand. Eyes emotionless, she made a small cut with each blade, both cuts glowing with the assigned aura shade. Slowly, Rune opened his eyes.

"Minora? What… happened?" Rune tried to lift his head, but Minora forced him back into a laying-down position. "Sleep, Elf. You need it now more than ever". As if on command, Rune's eyelids drooped, and his breathing slowed even more, if possible. Minora, tears, now of relief, flowing freely down her face, turned to thank the two Dragons for their power, but they were gone.

*

Do be do be do… This is different from what I had in mind, but I like it all the same. I'm gonna try double-timing how long it takes me to write chapters, to make up for all that time I did almost nothing. I will try. And by the way, if you didn't know (I may have forgot to write this last chapter), `Uruloke', `Lingwiloke', `Arach' and `Draca' are all ways to say `Dragon'. Visit Here Be Dragons.Com, to find out what languages they are… ^_^ Til' later, TTFN! Ta, ta, for now!