Dragon Knights Fan Fiction ❯ Stupid ❯ Stupid, stupid, stupid ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Stupid
by Akatriel

************************************************************************ **********************************
Disclaimer: Don't own it.

Very short and blunt. Possible (probable) one shot. Angst. First person point of view.
/blah/ = authoress's thoughts or notes
************************************************************************ **********************************

I lean against him and close my eyes. Sometimes it's good to just feel.
/In this case, very good./

I'd never thought I could be so happy. I never thought......
Well, there's no point in thinking about that. That part of my life is over now.

/A crash resounds nearby./

I sit up quickly and my eyes widen.

"N-no....NO!"

I scramble up next to him. I see the damage that's been done.

I barely notice my own wounds at the sight of her's.

Her face is covered in blood. Hers or mine, I'm not entirely sure, but it can't be good. Her eyes are open in shock.

When they start to close, I shake her vigorously.

"Stay awake!!! Stay awake, dammit! You'll be okay..."

Later.........

I sit on the floor, hands around my knees. Involuntarily I start to rock myself. Up, down, up, down. Tears are running down my cheeks, but I don't notice.

All I can see is the redness of the blood, and the whiteness of her skin. She's gone.

I look at the empty room, once occupied by our joy. Now it's empty.

I look at the spot. The spot where a buildup of gas exploded under us.

My eyes widen.

Wait....that's where....I was....

I realize what she'd done. And I cry.

Cesia...you promised you wouldn''t let me die....but....my life...for yours.....

"You shouldn't have died, Cesia!"

I sob.

I rock back and forth, back and forth....

"Stupid, Cesia. Me over you? Stupid, stupid, stupid."

Rune and Thatz walk in, and they rush over to me. I pay them no attention.

All I can see is the redness of her blood, and the whiteness of her skin.

And the emptiness of the room.

Back and forth, back and forth.....

"Stupid." I whisper.

-Owari-

************************************************************************ ********************************

Whoo!! So, how'd you like it? The only pairing I like in Dragon Knights is Rath/Cesia. Well, okay, like Thatz/Kitchel too. And Thatz/Rath....I'll shut up now.

For those of you who didn't already guess the pairing: Wow. Have you read the series at all? ^_^

-Akatriel