Dragon Knights Fan Fiction ❯ True Love ❯ The Secret ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 1: The secret



Thatz and Rune sat out in the garden talking about what was going to happen when they were awarded. Thatz hoped they would get money, Rune just wanted to get Tintlet awake, though only so he could speak with her about something of great importance.
"What do you want to talk to Tintlet about Rune?" Thatz asked a little unassured that Rune told the truth about wanting to talk to her about his healing powers.
"It's none of your business Thatz." Rune muttered though Thatz heard him.
"Oh don't be like that Rune." Rath stepped into the garden carrying three trays of food.
"Alright food!" Thatz shouted, not even noticing Rune flinching.
"Thatz you forget that Rune has sensitive hearing." Rath reminded.
"Sorry Rune. I forgot." Thatz murmured.
"It's okay Thatz." Rune said smiling. "I wanted to talk to Tintlet about my healing powers, you know that."
"Yeah I just had to be sure." Thatz smiled. "Good afternoon Ruwalk." Thatz said looking at the castle entrance.
"Afternoon gentlemen." Ruwalk smiled at Rune. "How are you this fine afternoon?"
"Better then yesterday and this morning." Thatz commented. "I believe I speak for all of us."
"Not me," Rune added standing up and heading deeper into the garden.
"Rune's been a bit moody lately." Thatz muttered watching as Rune disappeared.
"Only when Ruwalk here gets too near. I think you should stay away from him Ruwalk you effect him somehow." Rath looked at Ruwalk.
"How would I effect him?" Ruwalk questioned looking at the two.
"Who knows." Thatz smiled and dug into his food.
"I'm still curious. Maybe I'll go see Cesia about it." Ruwalk turned and walked back into the castle.
"Rune what's with you?" Rath asked looking toward the path that Rune had taken. In the deep garden Rune kneeled next to a rose bush that seemed to be wilting.
"Do you think I can heal you?" Rune asked the rose bush. Holding his hands up to the roses, he concentrated on healing them. A warmth passed through his hands and to the rose bush, looking at the roses he saw that they were in full bloom once again. Almost instantly he felt as if he were right in the forest where he grew up, looking around he saw Tintlet.
"Rune you will not be able to see me anymore, I have passed on. Do not be sad for me,Varawoo is looking for you, you are strong enough. When he finds you, remember that you are not alone, you have your friends. Rath seems to like fighting a good demon every now and then. Listen Rune I have given you your healing powers back, do not waste it. I must go now, take care my love."
"Wait Tintlet."
"You're worried about your secret aren't you?"
"Yes I am."
"Do not fear that which you love." Was all Tintlet said before she faded away. Standing up Rune walked back to where he left the other two, he had tears in his eyes, when they looked at him a look of concern crossed their faces.
"Rune what's wrong?" Thatz asked standing up leaving his food unattended.
"Nothing, I was just visited by Tintlet's spirit."
"What does that mean?" Rath asked standing by his friend.
"It means Rath that she is dead." Rune smiled. "Even the fair race of elves have to die."
"Oh Rune I'm sorry, I knew you loved Tintlet."
"Only as a sister." Still smiling Rune looked both of his friends straight in the eyes. "She gave me my healing ability back, she told me that Varawoo is looking for me."
"Who's Varawoo?" Thatz asked.
"The demon that sealed the water dragon." Rune informed.
"Demon?" Rath's eyes widened in delight.
"Yes a demon, Tintlet said you guys would probably help me."
"Gladly old friend and I do mean old." Thatz joked.
"Quit joking around." Rune was back to his old self.
"Well you are old." Thatz said honestly, Rune couldn't take anymore so he drew his sword and charged Thatz only to be stopped by Rath.
"Calm down Rune, put the sword away." Rath smiled. "Thatz stop teasing Rune. That's Ruwalk's job." At those words Rune looked at Rath.
"Oh yeah it is isn't it?"
"How long have you known?" Rune asked horrified.
"We just figured it out." Rath smiled. "Don't worry we won't tell. What did Tintlet tell you?"
"She told me not to fear that which I love." Rune smiled.
"What do you fear?" Thatz asked knowing full well. "I know you fear Ruwalk." The Water Dragon Knight drew his sword again and charged Thatz again, once again to be stopped not by Rath, but Ruwalk.
"Now, now, we don't need to lose one of our knights." He said with a smile holding Rune by the waist, drawing a blush from the elf. "We lose a lot of good knights that way."
"Whatever." Rune muttered. "I'm going to the library any one needs me that's where I'll be." With that Rune headed into the castle and towards the library. Once he got there he walked along the shelves, looking for a certain book, not finding it he went and sat at one of the tables at the back of the hall. He only faintly heard the footsteps before Ruwalk was leaning on the table. "What do you want?"
"Rath and Thatz sent me hoping I would be able to talk to you, they also told me a little secret. They were hoping that I would be able to help you with that as well."
"How would you be able to help me with that?" Rune asked a light blush working it's way across his face.
"You have no idea how much I love you do you? I can help you by doing this." Ruwalk said leaning forward and kissing Rune right on the lips. Rune was genuinely surprised, though he did nothing to stop Ruwalk. Ruwalk took this as a sign and deepened the kiss, making Rune moan lightly. Pulling back Ruwalk had a smirk on his face. "Better?" Lightly sighing Rune blinked in honest surprise.
"I-I don't know."
"How would you know then?" Rune sighed again, not knowing what to say. "I think I know how to make you decide." Ruwalk leaned in to kiss Rune again this time Rune accepted it and put as much determination as Ruwalk did. Not breaking the kiss Ruwalk straddled the young elf. Breaking the kiss after a few more seconds he noticed that Rune was blushed, having realized his new position. Ruwalk smiled again.
"I'm really starting to like this now." Rune smiled grabbing Ruwalk by the shoulders and pulling him down for a bruising kiss. He felt Ruwalk's hands roaming all over his body, then he grinned, opening Ruwalk's shirt to reveal a finely toned chest. Ruwalk gasped lightly as the cold air hit his torso, it was chased away almost instantly, by the kisses that Rune was placing here and there on his chest.
"Rune you're driving me wild." Ruwalk murmured, then let out a moan as Rune began to suck furiously at his nipple.
"You have no idea how much I've wanted to do this to you." Rune said against Ruwalk's chest making him shudder in delight. Ruwalk smiled again, sliding off of Rune and onto the floor. "What are you doing?" Rune asked as he looked at Ruwalk with unfocused eyes.
"Trying to make you happy." Ruwalk pulled Rune's pants down and smiled seeing that Rune was aroused. "This is going to be fun." He grinned up at Rune who had a quizzical look on his face then he was gasping for air as Ruwalk's mouth closed around him. Rune stopped Ruwalk. "What?"
"No, not now, not yet." Rune said his voice wavering. He wanted to keep going but he wouldn't.
"Okay when then?"
"I don't know." Rune and Ruwalk both stood up, Rune pulled his pants up and walked along the shelves of books once again. Once he knew Ruwalk had left he left.
Passing his bedroom on his way back to the gardens he turned and went into his room slightly dazed. "Why did I come in here?" He asked himself and sat down at his desk. Opening the drawer he pulled out the locket that Tintlet gave him before he had left. "Tintlet's locket. I almost forgot it was here, I wish I had her help as well as Rath and Thatz's help." After saying these words there was a glow of light. Looking around he saw Tintlet and smiled.
"Where am I?" She said a little scared.
"In the Dragon Lord's castle." Rune said smiling. "Don't worry I don't know how but I brought you back."
"You don't know how?"
"That's what I said." Rune shook his head. "I know how I brought you back. Lady Raseline's dragon eyes. It's the only wish I will ever get."
"You used it on me?"
"I only said the words not expecting anything to happen."
"So it was an accident?"
"A good accident. Let's get you back to Faerie forest."
"Yeah." With all that said they both left Rune's chambers and went to the gardens hoping Thatz and Rath will go with them.
"Of course we will." Rath was quick to say, he knew that Faerie forest was just beyond Demon forest.
"Wait a minute, why go to Faerie forest?" Thatz threw in.
"Because look who's back from the dead." Rune said pointing to Tintlet.
"Princess Tintlet." Both Rath and Thatz had a look of surprise on their faces.
"How?" Was all Rath could say.
"Simple." Rune pulled the dragon eye out of his pocket. "This." He said holding it up for the other two to see.
"That brings people back to life?" Thatz gasped.
"I didn't think it could then after I wished that Tintlet were still alive it flashed and there she was."
"It might not have been the dragon eye." Tintlet said from where she stood by the peach tree. "It might have been the locket around your neck." Rune pulled the locket out of his shirt and looked at it.
"What makes you say it's the locket?"
"Because I put some of my powers into the locket." Rune looked at Tintlet. "Just in case you would need it for something."
"You knew." Rune said in realization. "You knew that I would..."
"Yes I'm sorry I just knew that you wouldn't accept it and it would've been apart of you whether or not you wanted it to." Kaistern walked into the garden about then, looking at the knights.
"Gentlemen Lord Lykouleon needs to speak with you post hast." He spoke quickly.
"Kaistern we need to get Lady Tintlet back to Faerie forest right away." Rune was quick to say. Alfeegi, Tetheus and Ruwalk entered the gardens with Lady Raseline behind them, Lord Lykouleon followed shortly after Raseline.
"What's going on?" Rath asked looking from the Lord and Lady to the Dragon officers.
"A youkai is trying to get into the castle we brought the Lord and Lady so that they wouldn't be by themselves and Lord Lykouleon is pretty weak right now." Ruwalk explained.
"A youkai?" Rath jumped up from where he was sitting. "Where? What kind is it?"
"We don't know. Rath you won't be able to beat it." Kaistern put a hand on Rath's shoulder. "Believe me, that thing is what made Lord Lykouleon weak."
"We were right beside him when it happened." Tetheus added. "We got him out of there as soon as we could. Not before he got hurt though. Lady Raseline would you be able to heal him."
"I could only dress the wound."
"I can heal him." Tintlet said, startling the others.
"Good."
"Wait a minute, what did this youkai look like?"
"It looked like a big fish why?" They all turned to look at Rune, all of them with a questioning look plastered firmly on their faces.
"A big fish? Tintlet do you think that Varawoo could possibly be here?"
"I wouldn't doubt it Rune." Tintlet said with a thoughtful look on her face.
"Then I'll go and take care of it." Rune said with a firm voice.
"Not alone." Rath stepped up next to Rune. "Tintlet said she thought Thatz and I could help, so why not?"
"Because I don't want to put you guys in any danger. You guys are like brothers and I wouldn't let anyone hurt you, if you fight with me, especially with Varawoo, I know that you guys would most likely die."
"Rune, we're your friends, we don't care what happens." Thatz smiled. "Besides we can't let you have all the fun."
"I agree with Thatz, you can't have all the fun." Rath looked at Thatz then Rune and smiled.
"Fun?" Rune shook his head. "Fine, promise me one thing though..."
"What?" Rath and Thatz asked in unison.
"If I get hurt don't try to get me out of there, get yourselves out, don't worry about me at all. Without me you guys won't be able to beat Varawoo at all."
"Fine." Rath and Thatz smiled. "This is going to be fun."
"Maybe for you guys, I'm only risking the Water Dragon." Rune muttered.
"Dont' worry Rune, the Dragon of Water chose you and it's going to stay with you, unless that's what this Varawoo is trying to get from you." Ruwalk coaxed trying to get Rune to stop being negative.
"It's what Varawoo is trying to get from me." Rune looked at Ruwalk. "Look Varawoo was the one that had the Dragon of Water sealed into the pond that it was in."
"Rune's right, Varawoo kept the Dragon armor in the water the whole time." Lykouleon muttered every one turned to look at him. "I remember because I was there with him."
"Okay so we're doomed." Alfeegi said light heartedly.
"No we're not." Rune said firmly. "I won't let Varawoo take the Water Dragon away from me, not when it brought so much happiness to me."
"Then do what you must Rune." Tintlet smiled at her oldest friend.
"Thank you Tintlet for everything that you've done for me." Rune bowed and kissed Tintlet's hand.
"Go, I'll pray that you make it back safely." Tintlet smiled and hugged Rune.
"Let's go." Thatz laughed. "Wait guys, I just realized that we might not come back from this."
"Yeah it's kind of scary." Rath bowed his head.
"You know what, we should say good bye to those we love." Thatz bowed his head. "Just in case."
"No, there's no just in case, we're going to make it through this." Rune looked at the other two. "We're going to make it through. Guys please say it."
"We're going to make it through." Both Thatz and Rath said reluctantly. They all stood in silence for a few minutes, then Rune turned and walked around the gardens for a minute. They all heard him sigh, then he went to the castle entrance Ruwalk stepped up to him, stopping him.
"Rune be careful okay?"
"Okay I promise." They both smiled.
"Good." Ruwalk leaned forward and kissed Rune. "I love you."
"I love you too Ruwalk. Why tell me that now?"
"Because, it's a just in case." Ruwalk teased.
"Ruwalk I just told Thatz and Rath that we were coming back."
"I know."
"Go before Varawoo comes for us." Tintlet smiled.
"Let's go!" Rath shouted. "Yeah demon fighting. Crewger come on you can help us."
"Sounds good." Rune smiled and followed Rath and Crewger with Thatz coming up behind them both. Thatz ran to catch up and jumped on Rune's back. "Thatz get off."
"Nah, let's have a little fun before we die." With that Thatz jumped off Rune's back and went to jump on Rath's. Shaking his head Rune laughed, then went and jumped on Thatz's back. They all toppled over, making the others in the garden to laugh. Getting to the front of the castle all three of them stopped laughing then took on a serious expression. "This is it." Thatz let out the breath of air that he was holding, then stepped forward behind Rath who was behind Rune. They all drew their swords calling out the dragons and transforming into the armors.
"Finally you have brought the Water Dragon to me." They all looked at the fish youkai, glaring they all jumped into action. Thatz and Rath took on the minions, Rune however charged straight at Varawoo. "Give up you weak elf you will never win against me, I will have that Dragon."
"Not as long as I'm alive." Rune pushed back with the sword and Water Dragon attacked. "Finish him off Water!" Rune shouted as Varawoo became weaker. "Absorb him into your body!" The Water dragon did as he was told to do, Water didn't absorb Varawoo fast enough though. With the last bit of power he had Varawoo sent a minion to attack Rune, the minion pierced Rune through the heart.
"If I die you do too." Varawoo hissed.
"Rune!" Rath rushed over to Rune's side.
"Somehow I knew that this would happen." Rune muttered, he just barely saw the forms of Rath and Thatz.
"Rune hold on." Thatz was saying, Rune could barely make it out though. As they both sat by Rune's side they knew when he gave into death, they sat for awhile and cried. Rath stood up first holding Rune in his arms.
"We have to get him to Tintlet." He stated sorrow still in his voice. Thatz nodded and they both headed back to the gardens.